Verified Expert in Engineering
The most amazing...
...project I've developed is a ground-control application that can simultaneously control multiple types of UAVs.
Senior Software Engineer
Turkish Aerospace Industries
- Developed live video streaming and intelligence sharing portal for TAI's UAVs. Designed the micro service architecture of the back end and created the back end of the streaming portal with Java and Spring Boot. Also, built the front end with React.
- Built a new generation of ground-control station software that can simultaneously control multiple UAVs using Java.
- Devised a software framework with Java and JavaFX to provide modular software components, including GIS mapping tools, TCP and UDP network communication capabilities, and code generation tools.
- Designed the build chain and versioning architecture for in-house Java projects with Python and Maven.
- Modified and developed the WorldWind Java GIS tool per company requirements.
- Developed aircraft ground-control station software for Simsek (high-speed target drone) using C#.
- Adapted ground-control station software of Simsek to the new direct communication scheme (without VSM module) by rewriting the telecommand and telemetry interfaces from scratch using C#.
- Re-engineered Simsek's ground-control station software's GIS tools using ESRI ArcGIS, C#, and SDK.
- Modified and maintained the first version of a live streaming portal using Java and JavaServer Faces (JSF).
- Contributed to mission planning software that is used on ANKA UAV Family.
.NET Core (C#) Developer
FortyNorth Security, LLC.
- Developed a security test tool with C# that simulates the impact of ransomware on systems.
- Integrated C# client to a back end to report the current state of the scan.
- Modified GitHub Actions and AWS deployment scripts.
Turkish Aerospace Industries
- Developed multi-layered MRP systems according to the company's manufacturing needs using Java Swing and JavaEE.
- Created accounting software using Java Swing front-end and in-house Java back-end framework.
- Built customer support portal for Turkish Aero Space's indigenous products like Hürkuş, Atak, and others using Apache Wicket and Java.
- Developed web-based mobile interfaces for production tracking applications using Vaadin.
BİTES Defence & Aerospace Technologies
- Built FMPS, a flight mission simulation system, using WorldWind Java.
- Defined automated testing procedures for ongoing Mission Planner system projects.
- Created mission planning software as part of the military enterprise information system.
Sisoft Health Information Systems
- Built the Eclipse plugin for the in-house Google Web Toolkit framework using WindowBuilder.
- Developed code generation tools and wizard plugins for Eclipse.
- Created a new generation web framework using Google Web Toolkit. The company's new generation software family uses it to unify Java back-end and front-end development.
- Made a reporting engine for an ongoing healthcare information system project using the iText PDF library.
- Worked on management and set up Debian Linux servers for clients' sites.
- Developed MILAS library automation system using PHP and PostgreSQL.
- Created document archive system using PHP and PostgreSQL.
Generic Ground Control Station Software for Unmanned Air Vehicles
• Modification of WorldWind GIS per project requirements.
• Integration of GIS tool to the project.
• Multithreaded UDP communication system that can handle multiple UAVs simultaneously.
• UI components and software architecture that other developers later used.
• HMI screens to control different types of UAVs.
Live Video Streaming and Intelligence Sharing Platform for ANKA UAV Family
• Live video streaming infrastructure for multiple UAVs.
• Authentication and authorization of live streams.
• GIS module to visualize the UAV's live location and payload coverage area.
Ground Control Station Software for Simsek UAV
Integrated new ArcMap SDK GIS tool to the software for performance gains.
Redesigned the communication architecture from the ground up to support a new direct communication protocol.
Integrated new payloads to the system.
Remote Display Terminal for ANKA UAV Family
• GIS module to display drone's live position and payload coverage area.
• On device GPS capability to display operator's position on map.
• Video player to display live video footage captured by the drone.
Video Streaming Platform for ANKA UAV Family
• Support for micro-level authorization schemes, including live streams, archived footages, or part of the archived footage per user.
• Archive support for every live stream.
• On-the-fly live stream quality conversion support.
• Failover cluster support.
Support and Control Software for ANKA UAV Family
Developed mission-critical payload control software for ANKA UAV.
Integrated ArcMap GIS framework to the payload control software.
Eclipse IDE Plugin Development
The project consists of the following parts:
• Wizard screens to generate generic CRUD UI front end/back end codes.
• Enhancements to opensource WindowBuilder plugin to support indigenous GWT UI components.
Web Development Framework With GWT
The project unifies back-end and front-end development on Java using GWT. It contains the following parts:
• UI components written with GWT.
• Back-end tools to provide client-server data exchange.
• JDBC connection pool manager that is adopted from the previous project.
The project contains the following components:
• UI to connect to web back end over REST API to add/remove or use internationalization i18n strings used on the final SPA web application.
• UI to connect to web back end over REST API to add/remove/list error and info messages used by the final SPA web application.
Back end consists of the following components:
• JDBC pooling mechanism that runs on Tomcat to manage database connections (supports listing zombie queries that consume open connection limit).
• Provides huge file upload and download endpoints.
• Supplies token-based authentication mechanisms to provide security.
• Provides LDAP and Database based authorization schemes.
Spring Boot, Material UI, .NET, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Hibernate, GWT, JSF, Bootstrap, Spring, .NET 2, ASP.NET, .NET Core
iText, React, Sockets, Windows Forms (WinForms), Eclipse API, Entity Framework, REST APIs, ArcGIS, JDBC, Java Servlets, jQuery, Node.js
GIS, Web GIS, Apache Tomcat, Apache Maven, ArcMap, IBM Rational ClearCase, IBM Rational ClearQuest, Jira, Subversion (SVN), GitHub, Git, Visual Studio, C#.NET WinForms, Servlet, Esri
Socket Programming, Agile Software Development, REST, Object-oriented Design (OOD)
Linux, Windows, JavaFX, Debian Linux, NetBeans, Apache2, Android, Eclipse, Windows Server, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
JSON, IBM Db2, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server 2016, Databases
Multithreading, DevExpress, Software Development, JavaFX CSS, LuciadLightspeed, NASA WorldWind, TCP/IP, UDP, Computer Networking, Bug Fixes, Troubleshooting, Front-end, APIs, Architecture, Web App Development, LuciadFusion, MRP, User Interface (UI), Back-end Development, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Web Development, API Integration, Full-stack, LDAP, Active Directory Programming, Geographic Information Systems, Algorithms, .NET 6, Front-end Architecture, User Experience (UX), User Authentication, Authorization, HTTP, Data Transfers, ESP32, QGIS, Windows Services
Master's Degree in Computer Engineering
Middle East Technical University - Ankara, Turkey
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Gazi University - Ankara, Turkey
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring