Verified Expert in Engineering
MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Slack
The most amazing...
...career moment I had was leading an engineering team of over 80 developers, data scientists, and cryptographers working on 10+ open-source libraries.
Chief Technology Officer
- Managed five personal engineering teams to implement iterations of web application and API development written 100% in Next.js and TypeScript, using the Stripe, Plaid, Mailchimp, Alpaca, and Twilio APIs.
- Built, deployed, and maintained a growing web application with hundreds of users, helping families save over $2 million towards their children's future education.
- Coordinated with marketing to design all branding content such as logos, pitch decks, and executive summaries using Sketch and Figma.
Full-stack Developer | UI Designer
- Delivered over 30 fully-responsive websites, web and mobile applications, and UI component libraries to dozens of clients since high school.
- Worked on finance, healthcare, government, human intelligence, entertainment, and data science projects.
- Collaborated with teams within startups and enterprises ranging from 2 to 100 people.
Senior Software Engineer
- Co-authored an SDK in TypeScript for building 3rd-party applications with Kustomer, allowing for securely embedding externally-authored code. Contributed well over 100,000 lines of code on this project alone.
- Developed and released three production-scale applications for Magento, Klaviyo, and Slack using the applications SDK, one of which closed a backlog of over 30 tickets related to bugs in the previous release.
- Wrote all technical documentation for the applications SDK, created eight sample apps, and brought test coverage from 54% to over 95%.
Engineering Team Lead
- Led over 80 remote software engineers, cryptographers, and data scientists divided into 30 sub-teams.
- Drafted technical briefs for privacy-enhancing technologies such as Secure Multi-Party Computation, Homomorphic Encryption, Differential Privacy, Federated Learning, Self-Sovereign Identity, Distributed Computing, and Remote Computation.
- Liaised with external partners (Google, Microsoft, Twitter, and the University of California) to write grants totaling over $2 million for funding engineering efforts across the organization.
Federated Learning Team Lead
- Coded a bridge library to convert PyTorch and TensorFlow plans into TensorFlow.js operations for trusted execution in remote environments, such as a web browser.
- Authored the entire technical architecture, system design, project roadmap, and grant proposal totaling $500,000 while managing a team of over 20 data scientists and software engineers.
Web and Mobile Privacy Researcher
- Awarded a paid 3-month research grant by the RAAIS Foundation out of an applicant pool of over 6,000 people to develop a library for Federated Learning in the browser.
- Helped to grow the organization to over 14,000 members from over 80 countries worldwide.
- Served in roles primarily related to system development, software design, and community management.
Director of Engagement
- Trained over 200 doctors and nursing staff members in over 15 long-term health facilities across the US.
- Triaged deployment issues and established the user education process to pipeline feedback gathered in the field back to the sales, marketing, design, and engineering teams.
- Worked with the engineering team to provide valuable data via a UX pipeline established in the field.
Senior Front-end Engineer and Designer
- Integrated three third-party hardware devices like Google Glass and Bluetooth medical devices to stream live patient vital signs to a remote clinician in a secure HIPAA-compliant environment.
- Delivered live, multi-source audio and video feeds, including patient vital signs, via a purpose-built WebRTC application, coordinating with a horizontally-scaled Redis pub/sub socket server.
Head of Product
- Engineered the entire web application using AngularJS, integrated with a Ruby on Rails API.
- Implemented D3.js and other advanced data visualization tools to create interactive data visualizations describing the American political system.
- Aggregated five public datasets on the American political system amassing over 110 million rows of unstructured data on lobbying and campaign finance.
Senior Web Developer
Golden Spiral Creative
- Developed over 40 WordPress websites for clients in the music and entertainment industries.
- Collaborated with a designer using the Adobe Creative Suite to translate designs into mobile-first websites.
- Coded 10+ custom PHP WordPress plugins to augment functionality on client websites.
The target audience is primarily American families aged 21-45 struggling to adequately save for their children's future education. To date, we've helped hundreds of families save over $2m towards their children's future educational expenses.
The application is a fully-responsive web application written in Next.js (React), using Tailwind CSS and Chakra UI to create reusable UI components. We also integrated it with a Ruby on Rails API (which is now being redeveloped using Node.js). We used the Stripe, Plaid, and Twilio APIs to provide a series of banking and communication into the product.
While leading the Federated Learning team, my team and I created the world's first open-source libraries for federated learning on the web, native mobile (Android and iOS), server, and IoT. Such libraries are integrated with TensorFlow, Tensorflow.js, and PyTorch for easy integration with existing data science codebases and notebooks.
I was eventually promoted to lead the entire Engineering team, which included a total headcount of over 80 fully-remote data scientists, developers, and cryptographers working on over 10+ libraries. During this time, I wrote of numerous software development grants that were presented, approved, and funded by Google, Microsoft, Twitter, and the University of California.
Next.js, Tailwind CSS, Redux, Serverless Framework, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Jest, Cypress, Relay, AngularJS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Flask
Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, Git, Plaid, Webpack, Firebase Authentication, CircleCI, JSX, GitHub, Prisma, Auth0, Amazon Cognito, Terraform
Testing, Application Architecture, UX Design
Netlify, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Firebase, WordPress, Vercel, Twilio, AWS Lambda, Azure, Docker, Heroku
MongoDB, NoSQL, Amazon DynamoDB, PostgreSQL
Chakra UI, APIs, SaaS, Full-stack, Front-end, React Hooks, UI Components, React Components, Fintech, Startups, Storybook, Architecture, Leadership, CTO, IT Strategy, Charts, OAuth, Responsive Web Apps, Software Architecture, Server-side Rendering (SSR), API Integration, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), Design Systems, PlanetScale, Serverless, Apollo, AWS Cloud Development, Remix, Apollo Server, Microsoft Azure, Differential Privacy, Federated Learning, Machine Learning, Secure Multi-party Computation, Encryption, Self-sovereign Identity (SSI), Remote Computing, Distributed Systems
Bachelor's Degree in Web Programming & Design
Belmont University - Nashville, TN, USA