Senior Data Architect2020 - PRESENTBRP
Technologies: Architecture, Snowflake, Microsoft Power BI, DBT, Data Modeling, Database Modeling, Python 3, Prefect, Azure Synapse, Stored Procedure, Data Warehouse Design
- Established a cloud-based data analytics platform based on Snowflake.
- Conducted POC with dbt to establish the standard data transformation technology.
- Designed data analytics platform data models, including definitions of data domains and data layers (RAW, GOLD, MART).
- Conducted POC of Datavault 2.0 modeling; adapted a hybrid approach for a new analytics platform.
- Designed data integration application for a complex customs partner agency.
- Conducted POC for data orchestration using Prefect. Facilitated the evaluation of technology alternatives, such as Airflow, Prefect, Dagster, and others. Coded PoC in Python 3 with Prefect for representative use cases.
- Conducted POC for Snowflake SnowPark technology using Python and VSCode.
Technologist2019 - 2020ShareVR
- Advised the founder regarding software technologies to enable the business strategy for a 360° VR video content startup.
- Evaluated and implemented POCs for cloud-based software products and services.
- Led R&D, solution selection, product, and software component evaluation.
- Established the website, cloud-based data storage (Wasabi), and data storage integration using Rclone on Ubuntu.
- Utilized Node.js to tailor a youtube clone website and overwrite the default 360 VR Player to use a Viblast player.
- Developed a test plan to measure end-user performance and peer-to-peer utilization which allowed playback of high-resolution 360° VR.
Senior Director of Software Engineering2001 - 2019Gartner
Technologies: Snowflake Schema, Star Schema, Supervisor, Contract Negotiation, Negotiation, IT Strategy, Cost Estimation, Coaching, Technical Project Management, Algorithms, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Python 3, Microsoft Excel, Groovy Scripting, RESTful Development, RESTful APIs, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Power BI, Data Warehouse Design
- Led software engineering teams to create and maintain a portfolio of applications that managed market statistics data through its entire lifecycle; including client deliverables and public web applications for querying data content deliverables.
- Created an application portfolio supporting over $600 million annual revenue of subscriptions to predictive datasets.
- Served as a lead architect to select Power BI as the standard data visualization product for the line of business and created key dashboards; also led the effort to migrate the entire portfolio to AWS cloud environments.
- Developed a series of dashboards to impact business analyst productivity; reducing data analysts FTEs required by %7 and eliminating weeks from time to market for key deliverables.
- Established the Python production engineering environment and built a natural language processing application using Python, Pandas, NLTK, NumPy, and NLP libraries to analyze documents.
- Designed and built a dynamic data warehouse (SSIS, SSAS, .NET REST APIs) that supported data content quality review, automated data flows, and generated data content deliverables. The data structures could be changed without making code changes.
- Reduced portfolio support costs by 40% via application stability and performance improvements over the course of three years.
- Served as a lead architect to establish the company's first enterprise data warehouse environment which included setting development standards, performing Star and Snowflake data modeling, reporting solutions, and ETL and OLAP tools.
- Assisted the data warehouse team in establishing Azure SQL and SSAS on Gartner's Azure cloud. Advised in an architectural capacity on design and data refresh strategies and topics around tradeoffs for SSAS tabular vs. multidimensional implementation.