Rails Full-stack Developer2020 - PRESENTCodePath
- Built a new app from scratch to run online job fairs, with custom matching, scheduling, and video calls integrated into the platform. This app is used by recruiters of some of the biggest tech companies in the US.
- Migrated a suite of Ruby tools to a new version of a back-end API for performance reasons. This required working with the Python back-end team to re-design the API, update client library code, and re-design some of the apps.
- Maintained, enhanced, and improved a suite of existing Ruby apps running in a multitude of Ruby versions from 2.3 to 3.0 and a variety of frameworks, including Rails, Sinatra, and Padrino.
Senior Software Engineer2018 - 2021Funding Circle
- Developed and maintained a web app responsible for originating over USD $1 billion in loans (RoR and React) and its internal data pipelines.
- Constructed credit models in close proximity with the risk and credit strategy teams (Ruby and R), responsible for our declining and pricing strategies.
- Led the implementation of a financial statement parser and its integration with our automated platform, significantly decreasing loan processing time and lowering the amount of manual labor required.
- Implemented multiple bank statement parsers that improved the efficiency of our underwriting processes, reducing the necessity for manual work and massively reducing loan processing times.
- Built multiple integration services with external providers like Salesforce, Experian, D&B, and Thomson Reuters (among others) as part of our automated pricing and fraud detection systems.
- Maintained multiple internal APIs and services (Ruby and Clojure).
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2018Soho House & Co.
Technologies: RabbitMQ, Kubernetes, Salesforce, Vue, Android, Ruby, Ruby on Rails (RoR), REST APIs, API Architecture, Ruby on Rails 5, Web Development, HTML5, CSS3, Docker, Continuous Integration (CI), DevOps
- Built a payment service integrated with 3C, FreedomPay, direct debit, ACH, and SEPA that processed millions of pounds on a weekly basis.
- Maintained and enhanced an event-booking Android app that members used to book and pay for their events.
- Maintained and enhanced a Vue.js-based hotel-room-booking app for The Ned (a five-star hotel in the city of London). This app allowed to book restaurant tables and hotel rooms.
- Created a type of service to sync data to and from Salesforce. It was used internally by the company to make sure all our systems were up-to-date and give internal teams more visibility on member activity.
- Developed an event-booking API to replace a live legacy system and facilitated a no-downtime transition until the deprecation of the old system was possible.
- Helped build an authentication service for all our distributed services.
- Supported the setup of our Kubernetes cluster and associated CI/CD tooling.
Software Engineering Lead2015 - 2017BPL Digital
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ansible, Android, Angular, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, REST APIs, Creative Problem Solving, Ruby on Rails 5, Web Development, CSS3, Continuous Integration (CI), DevOps
- Mentored and managed a team of five developers, both locally and remotely.
- Built mobile, ordering-and-payment apps for a chain of London coffee shops (Android) and for the chain Le Pain Quotidien.
- Developed a single-page restaurant ordering app in AngularJS.
- Managed the company's AWS back-end infrastructure using Ansible.
Full-stack Engineer2013 - 2014Disruption Corp.
Technologies: Java, Ruby, Ruby on Rails (RoR), MySQL, REST APIs, Ruby on Rails 5, Web Development
- Implemented multiple web crawlers and data parsers for the collection of data on startups (Ruby and Java).
- Maintained and optimized a startup search engine that enabled filtering and searching on dozens of inputs.
Founder | Developer2006 - 2013WeBreakStuff, Lda
- Bootstrapped a project management SaaS startup, which later got acquired.
- Developed a social network for babies which was built on Ruby on Rails.
- Created a real estate search web app for Bell Canada.
- Built the infrastructure and mobile app for a real-time online web conference.