Senior Software Engineer2018 - 2021Funding Circle
- Developed and maintained a web app responsible for originating over USD $1 billion in loans (RoR and React) and its internal data pipelines.
- Constructed credit models in close proximity with the risk and credit strategy teams (Ruby and R), responsible for our declining and pricing strategies.
- Led the implementation of a financial statement parser and its integration with our automated platform, significantly decreasing loan processing time and lowering the amount of manual labor required.
- Implemented multiple bank statement parsers that improved the efficiency of our underwriting processes, reducing the necessity for manual work and massively reducing loan processing times.
- Built multiple integration services with external providers like Salesforce, Experian, D&B, and Thomson Reuters (among others) as part of our automated pricing and fraud detection systems.
- Maintained multiple internal APIs and services (Ruby and Clojure).
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2018Soho House & Co.
Technologies: RabbitMQ, Kubernetes, Salesforce, Vue, Android, Ruby, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Built a payment service integrated with 3C, FreedomPay, direct debit, ACH, and SEPA that processed millions of pounds on a weekly basis.
- Maintained and enhanced an event-booking Android app that members used to book and pay for their events.
- Maintained and enhanced a Vue.js-based hotel-room-booking app for The Ned (a five-star hotel in the city of London). This app allowed to book restaurant tables and hotel rooms.
- Created a type of service to sync data to and from Salesforce. It was used internally by the company to make sure all our systems were up-to-date and give internal teams more visibility on member activity.
- Developed an event-booking API to replace a live legacy system and facilitated a no-downtime transition until the deprecation of the old system was possible.
- Helped build an authentication service for all our distributed services.
- Supported the setup of our Kubernetes cluster and associated CI/CD tooling.
Software Engineering Lead2015 - 2017BPL Digital
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Ansible, Android, Angular, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Mentored and managed a team of five developers, both locally and remotely.
- Built mobile, ordering-and-payment apps for a chain of London coffee shops (Android) and for the chain Le Pain Quotidien.
- Developed a single-page restaurant ordering app in AngularJS.
- Managed the company's AWS back-end infrastructure using Ansible.
Full-stack Engineer2013 - 2014Disruption Corp.
Technologies: Java, Ruby, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Implemented multiple web crawlers and data parsers for the collection of data on startups (Ruby and Java).
- Maintained and optimized a startup search engine that enabled filtering and searching on dozens of inputs.
Founder | Developer2006 - 2013WeBreakStuff, Lda
- Bootstrapped a project management SaaS startup, which later got acquired.
- Developed a social network for babies which was built on Ruby on Rails.
- Created a real estate search web app for Bell Canada.
- Built the infrastructure and mobile app for a real-time online web conference.