Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Scientist and Developer
Peiyao has more than a decade of experience in data science as a project manager, data engineer, and machine learning engineer. He holds a master's degree in electrical engineering, and his strengths include Python and PostgreSQL. In the past years, he has served for top hospital and biotech companies in the US and China. Peiyao's interdisciplinary background makes him a leading candidate in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry and associated domains.
Linux, Python 3
The most amazing...
...project I've managed is creating the first large-scale clinical data warehouse for critical care in China and developing an early disease warning system.
Senior Research Manager
- Developed a dashboard for drug target identification by leveraging commercial and public data.
- Built a virtual screening platform using cutting-edge big data analytics.
- Designed and implemented the data curation pipeline for in-house experiment datasets.
Principal Data Scientist
Global Health Drug Discovery Institute (GHDDI)
- Led the data science team to curate public and commercial chemical, biomedical, and clinical databases to support in-house AI applications.
- Managed the development of a ligand-based virtual screening dashboard.
- Collaborated with Peking Union Medical College Hospital to develop precision medicine applications in rare diseases with natural language processing techniques.
PLA General Hospital
- Led the machine learning-based algorithm platform development for wearable device applications. The platform could support sleep and cardiac status monitoring by leveraging AI techniques.
- Cooperated with clinicians in the cardiac department to build a myocardial infarction death prediction model with an area under the curve (AUC) of 0.86 and a stent restenosis model with an AUC of 0.82.
- Managed the clinical data warehouse construction for the emergency department, including 30,000 patients supporting the clinical model development.
Washington University in St. Louis
- Analyzed the super-resolution microscopy images with customized Python scripts.
- Optimized the analysis method through compressed sensing to improve image resolution.
- Built the protein spatial structure from collected image data using the k-means algorithm, which pushed the resolution to 40 nanometers.
- Implemented the regression model to quantify the calcium channel composition using the step photobleaching technique.
Scientific Application Developer Co-op
- Improved the web service response time by 50% after converting the point-of-sale service framework to the Apache CXF framework using Spring and Hibernate technologies.
- Obtained the Apache CXF framework's performance matrix and analyzed its performance.
- Summarized key results and methodologies to prepare for the presentation.
- Created 20 Apache CXF web service interfaces for the experiment curation service.
- Collaborated with other co-ops to contribute to refactoring over 1,600 files in the field trial service.
Compound ADMET Properties Prediction and Visualization Platform
In this project, I used deep neural networks to build a multi-task model to predict compound ADMET properties and visualize results using the Plotly framework.
AI-based Sleep Stage Classification and Apnea Detection Wearable System
Critical Care Data Warehouse Construction
Python 3, Python, R, SQL, Java
Data Science, ETL, Agile Software Development
PostgreSQL, Data Pipelines
Machine Learning, Microsoft Office, Data Visualization, Data Engineering, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Data Analysis, Data Analytics, Time Series Analysis, Classification, Text Classification, Kalman Filtering, Language Models, GPT, Signal Processing, Computer Vision
PyTorch, Keras, TensorFlow
Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
Washington University in Saint Louis - Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications - Chongqing, China
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring