Financial Markets Developer
Piotr has been developing a wide range of software for investment managers and fintech—covering enterprise-grade platforms, tactical solutions, real-time systems, and batch processing. He's very experienced in all aspects of the software lifecycle from requirement analysis and project management to full-stack development, deployment, and maintenance. He's successfully implemented a number of greenfield projects in high-pressure environments.
ExperienceFinancial Markets - 12 yearsFull-stack - 12 yearsSQL - 11 years.NET - 10 yearsC# - 10 yearsProject Management - 10 yearsASP.NET MVC - 7 yearsC++ - 7 years
Git, Visual Studio, Windows
The most amazing...
...system I've built is a dependency graph-based distributed processing framework—enabling rapid data-centered application development.
Senrigan Capital (Contract)
- Designed and developed a greenfield database and workflow management system for an event-driven hedge fund.
- Implemented multiple integrations with client's counterparties and third-party systems for a data and transaction flow.
- Migrated a range of operational workflows from spreadsheets onto the system including regulatory and compliance approvals, internal and investor reporting, counterparty reconciliations, and market risk calculations.
- Set up a complete development, regression testing, deployment, and monitoring framework from scratch.
- Conducted requirement discovery.
- Managed and implemented the project directly with stakeholders from all the beneficiary teams.
Guard Capital (Contract)
- Designed and developed a greenflow workflow and reporting system for a global macro hedge fund.
- Implemented a bespoke value-at-risk calculation framework based on a client's mathematical model.
- Migrated a range of operational workflows onto the system platform including P&L approvals, counterparty reconciliations, and investor information management.
- Worked on full-stack development, deployment, and ongoing system maintenance.
- Interacted directly with the top management and project stakeholders for prioritization and progress reviews.
Head of Technology
Sequence Asset Management
- Complete the technology oversight within the firm including in-house systems and vendor relationships.
- Set up from-scratch the system's infrastructure ahead of the firm’s relocation from Tokyo to Hong Kong—from physical networks to outsourced software providers.
- Introduced a range of technical initiatives including a company intranet and a central database system.
- Developed hands-on in-house applets for fund performance reporting, automated reconciliation, and market risk calculation.
- Designed and implemented a shadow accounting system for the verification and audit of firm's valuations.
Assistant Vice President
- Acted as the regional development team lead for the Asian fixed income trading desk’s pricing and risk system.
- Built out and managed a team of 4 full-time developers and 2 rotating graduates.
- Implemented a business analysis and prioritization with stakeholders, project, and delivery management.
- Introduced formal testing and release procedures and tightened integration with global sister teams.
- Implemented the system enhancements supporting a new offshore trading desk.
TFG Fund Services
- Acted as the team lead—focusing on scaling an in-house hedge fund portfolio management system onto a wider client base after a spin-out from a parent company.
- Developed a valuation and risk model of the interest rate and currency derivatives.
- Worked as the technical contact for external clients responsible for their on-boarding and dedicated development pipelines.
- Coordinated the development work—ensuring delivery of features requested by company’s clients and recruiting new engineers.
- Deployed new client installations and ongoing systems.
- Provided user support.
- Developed the financial markets pricing, analytics, and execution tools for a global macro hedge fund.
- Worked as the greenfield development lead of an in-house middle office accounting and cash-management application.
- Implemented a range of cross-product real-time risk calculators (VaR, scenario, covariance) based on mathematical models.
- Worked as part of a small development team building a complete in-house platform supporting hedge fund’s operations.
- Worked on full-stack development, deployment, and ongoing systems.
- Provided user support.
Targeted at developers, the framework provides an environment for programming logic processors that are automatically arranged and triggered in dependency order. It also exposes a range of ready-to-use technical interfaces for common integrations (FTP, Excel import, etc.) and system tasks (logging, permissions, etc.) as well as a key-value data store.
Its goal is to eliminate code repetition between similar projects and reduce their development time and effort. The framework is targeted at modeling processes and workflows that amalgamate data from multiple sources and has been successfully incorporated in multiple clients' production systems.
Email Traffic Scanner
Asystent Pracowni Komputerowej
ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, Razor, .NET, .NET Core, Entity Framework Core, Knockout (Knockout.js), ASP.NET Core, Entity, Bootstrap, Newtonsoft JSON, Boost, Angular
Logging, Microsoft Visual Studio, Bloomberg, Microsoft Excel, Perforce, YouTrack, Git, Jira, Confluence, Visual Studio, MATLAB, RemoteApp, Excel-DNA, C#.NET WinForms, Ninject, Autofac, TortoiseSVN
Requirements Analysis, DevOps, Unit Testing, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Agile Software Development, Real-time Systems, Event-driven Architecture, Concurrent Programming, Test-driven Development (TDD), Dependency Injection
Windows Server, Windows, Win32, Azure, Linux
Microsoft SQL Server, Databases, JSON, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Investment Banking Technology, Hedge Funds, Debugging, APIs, Full-stack, Investment Banking, Quantitative Finance, Integration, Pricing Models, Web-based Interface, Reporting System Design, DevExpress, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Windows Services, Financial Markets, State Machines, Workflow Modeling, SaaS Monitoring, Multithreading, Risk Analysis, Amazon Ion, TIBCO, SSL, FIX Protocol, Investor Relations, Release Management, WCF Web Services, MSMQ, Single-page Applications (SPA)
Web API, Bloomberg API, Log4Net, REST APIs, Standard Template Library (STL), LINQ, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), Windows Forms (WinForms), jQuery
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Warsaw University - Warsaw, Poland
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics
Warsaw University - Warsaw, Poland
Japanese Language Proficiency Test Level N2
The Japan Foundation