CSS Developer in Fremont, CA, United States
Email Developer2017 - PRESENTT3 Micro
Technologies: HTML, CSS, Bronto
- Developed promotional email templates using HTML and CSS.
- Tested promotional emails on various browsers with Bronto, an email automation platform.
Sr. Web Developer2014 - 2018Illumina
- Developed the front-end of Angular and AngularJS web applications. Integrated REST-ful API endpoints to the application using RxJS, Observables, Swagger, and Postman.
- Translated mockups into working boilerplates, complete with responsiveness, animations, and functionality.
- Built components libraries using Polymer, Angular Material Design, Bootstrap, HTML, and Sass/LESS/CSS.
- Integrated Grunt to streamline the development workflow and allow for reusable components across different platforms.
- Designed low- and high- fidelity prototypes using Axure, Sketch, and Adobe Photoshop. Animated the prototypes using Adobe AfterEffects.
- Conducted usability studies that exposed convoluted workflows and inconsistencies, and implemented the resulting recommendations.
User Experience Research Intern2013 - 2014Center of Interdisciplinary Science for Art, Architecture, & Archaeology (CISA3)
- Designed an Android tablet application that utilized augmented reality to display information on museum artifacts.
- Conducted five in-person usability studies to test a set of five tasks.
- Implemented the resulting recommendations and increased the task success rate from 60% to 100% in the final round of usability testing.
User Interface Design Intern2012 - 2012Glass-Media
- Designed a web application that managed digital storefront advertisements for high-end retail stores such as Panasonic, LG, and Samsung.
- Produced low- and high- fidelity prototypes using Adobe Photoshop for features such as a dashboard, calendar, and scheduling widget.
- Created interactive paper prototypes.
- Confidential Web Application (Development)
I was the lead front-end developer for a greenfield web application that provided transplant patient diagnostics. For this application, I used Angular, TypeScript, HTML, and Sass. I also integrated REST-ful API endpoints to the application using RxJS, Observables, Swagger, and Postman. In parallel to this project, I developed a component library using Polymer, HTML, and CSS.
- iSeq 100 Control Software (Development)https://www.pritahasjim.com/ipad-app
I spearheaded the user interface for Illumina’s highly anticipated iSeq desktop sequencer. I interviewed 50 potential customers, conducted surveys, and created storyboards to better understand user needs and pain points in Illumina’s existing platforms. With my findings, I designed low- and high- fidelity prototypes using Axure, Sketch, and Adobe Photoshop and animated the prototypes using Adobe AfterEffects. This user interface was awarded a patent (USD810112S1) in February 2018.
- Local Run Manager (LRM) (Development)https://www.pritahasjim.com/local-run-manager
- Climb On (Proof of Concept) (Other amazing things)http://climb.pritahasjim.com/
Climb On was a personal project of mine. I wanted to achieve two goals:
1) to become a more proficient animation artist
2) to learn how to incorporate complex parallax animations on a website
I drew all imagery with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator and used RubberHose and Adobe AfterEffects to animate. To make the website more performant, I used SVG images whenever possible. Although it is a standalone website, I wanted to use AngularJS to keep my code neat and componentized. Using ScrollMagic and TweenMax, I was able to make my artwork come to life.
FrameworksAngular, Angular Material, Bootstrap, AngularJS
Libraries/APIsFlexbox, Polymer, Parallax, jQuery
ToolsGitHub, Git, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Sketch, InVision, Balsamiq, Axure RP Pro, Angular CLI, Adobe Premiere Pro, Grunt, Adobe Illustrator, Karma, Adobe After Effects
OtherCertified Scrum Master, Prototyping, Wireframing, Storyboarding, User Interviews, User Workflows, Personas, User Research
- Bachelor's degree double major in Computer Science and Interdisciplinary Computing Art2010 - 2014University of California, San Diego - San Diego, California