Senior Full-stack Developer2020 - 2020Toyota
- Researched and tested many eLearning solutions, in order to find a system that could be adjusted to the client's needs.
- Deployed, customized, and further developed a web-based eLearning platform.
- Deployed and administrated an online video streaming solution to allow the company employees to take part in remote classes and meetings during lockdown due to the pandemic.
- Created an AWS-based infrastructure to host all systems and databases needed for the eLearning and video streaming platform.
- Supervised and improved security on Linux-based servers.
- Integrated the web eLearning system with a Google authentication API.
- Wrote extensive documentation for deployed systems administrators and future maintainers.
Python Developer2020 - 2020Acer
Technologies: Git, Bash, Linux, SQLite, Oracle, PostgreSQL, ODBC, SQL, Docker, Python
- Designed and implemented a highly configurable and extensible Python application which maps data coming from a database, Excel spreadsheet, and INI files into a preset XML template.
- Developed many unit tests and system tests—code coverage around 90%.
- Created a Linux-based Docker container with all application software and dependencies.
- Wrote basic shell scripts to simplify application usage.
- Wrote extensive documentation and prepared many examples for future users and developers.
Senior Software Developer2018 - 2019Bank of America
Technologies: Makefile, Git, Oracle, SQL, Bash, Linux, Google Test, Boost, C++, Mockito, Java, Python
- Upgraded the very complex equity trades valuation system to use the latest derivatives analytics library.
- Implemented software used for valuation and pricing of new types of equity trades.
- Developed Python scripts to administrate, diagnose, and troubleshoot the trades risk assessment platform.
- Debugged and fixed bugs exposed in equities and data reference systems.
- Mentored and supervised the less experienced team members in Java and Python development, and Linux engineering.
- Introduced and deployed new test and mocking frameworks for C++ and Java system components.
- Migrated equities and data reference systems tools and components from Python 2 to Python 3.
Senior Software Developer2016 - 2017Bloomberg
- Implemented lock-free multithreaded real-time processing of exchange data. It resolved the problem of data spikes encountered daily when the market opens.
- Redesigned the C++ library used for redundancy based on the master-slave approach. The most valuable new feature was an option to force a chosen node to become a master.
- Ported live services implemented in C++98 on AIX/Solaris to C++11 on Linux. Cleaned up and refactored code according to modern code practices.
- Established and configured (routing and permissions) a new Linux cluster. Deployed ported services onto the new cluster, and gradually migrated traffic. Eventually decommissioned all AIX/Solaris based services.
- Developed a variety of unit and system tests to ensure correct service migration to Linux.
- Incorporated static code analysis into the build system.
Senior Software Developer2015 - 2016Telespazio Vega
- Implemented the core and the user front end of the satellite launching system.
- Designed and implemented a Django-based configuration and provision tool for the satellite launching system.
- Created the boilerplate code for applications, servers, and front ends, which was used by all the remaining developers.
- Created the specification and implemented the security guidelines for system provision, deployment, upgrades, and day to day operations.
- Advised and helped to implement network security policies to allow remote developers to securely access the company code repository.
- Created the automated build system with unit tests and static code analysis support.
Software and Web Developer2011 - 2014Freelance
- Designed and implemented a logic puzzle mobile game. The game was described in "The Sun" UK newspaper and it was available on iOS, Android, and BlackBerry.
- Implemented Android applications based on customers' specifications (Healthy Diet app and Mindfulness Community app).
- Migrated an existing Linux based Saas to a bandwidth balanced, high availability AWS cluster.
- Reverse engineered and recompiled an iOS toolchain to allow iOS apps development on Windows.
- Using WebRTC developed a website for video conferencing between remote office locations.
- Developed a web front end and back end to track city hall public expenses.
- Built a web front end and back end to track promises given by local elections candidates.
Java Application Architect2009 - 2010Freelance
- Designed and implemented a Java web-based application for custom photography processing.
- Designed and implemented a Java back end for customers' orders processing.
- Set up a Linux based infrastructure for application deployment.
Linux C++ Developer2008 - 2009Deutsche Boerse
Technologies: Git, Bash, Linux, Python, Boost, C++
- Designed and implemented the framework used for performance testing of messaging bus libraries supplied by third parties.
- Won an internal competition for the most performant prototype of a stock exchange system.
- Designed and implemented an asynchronous, multi-threaded, lock-free auditing server.
- Created a tailored Linux distribution kickstart to unify and simplify developers' environment setup.
Unix Integration Engineer2008 - 2008Teligent
Technologies: Git, RPM, XSLT, XSD, XML, Python, Bash, Linux
- Improved tools used for configuration and provision of the telecommunication system.
- Automated a build system and process of software versioning, packaging, and deployment.
- Performed security checks on the company VoIP network infrastructure.
System Developer2006 - 2007Symbian (Cambridge, UK)
Technologies: Bash, Linux, Bluetooth, TCP/IP, Python, C++
- Designed and implemented a Bluetooth networking stack in line with new Bluetooth specifications.
- Designed and implemented a mobile internet connection sharing over Bluetooth.
- Troubleshot and fixed bugs in existing network protocol stacks (IP, InfraRed, Bluetooth, and SMS).
- Developed a new functional test framework and an automated process for running tests on hardware.
System Developer2005 - 2006Symbian (London, UK)
Technologies: Bash, Linux, SSL, Transport Layer Security (TLS), TCP/IP, Python, C++
- Developed cryptographic components for mobile operating systems, used to encrypt network data transmission (SSL and TLS protocols).
- Developed an extensible authentication protocol (EAP) used on mobiles for wifi and PPP authentication.
- Implemented a highly flexible and modular networking stack. It allowed creating TCP/IP connections over any transmission layer (ex. TCP/IP over Bluetooth, InfraRed, and GSM).
Build and Linux Engineer2003 - 2005Quadriga Worldwide
- Designed, implemented, and maintained a fully automated build system with a web interface. The system allowed developers to schedule a build, and have it deployed to an alpha site for further testing.
- Developed the change software deployment process, from classic manual CD installation to provision hardware via network using the PXE boot technique.
- Ported a satellite networking card device driver from Linux kernel 2.4.x to kernel 2.6.x.
- Took part in the development of an MPG streaming application running on an embedded VxWorks system.
- Introduced a version controlling system for software components packaging and deployment.
ISP Technical Manager2001 - 2002Telesonique SA
- Increased performance of the telecommunication billing calculation process significantly: Cut down processing time from around three days to less than 20 hours.
- Designed and implemented a website facing telecommunication billing systems for private and corporate customers.
- Designed, deployed, and administrated the whole ISP infrastructure (dialup access points, authentication servers, web servers, mail servers, DNS servers, and DHCP servers).
- Bridged data and voice networks via WAN interconnections using pioneer Linux solutions and Cisco hardware.
Network Architect and Administrator1999 - 2001Zachodniopomorska Siec Internetowa
Technologies: Java, PHP, Bash, Perl, TCP/IP, Cisco, Linux
- Designed and administrated a data transmission hybrid network, which allowed to connect private and corporate customers over pioneer radio links.
- Administrated Solaris and Linux ISP servers and Cisco active network devices.
- Created a dynamic website that allowed customers to configure and access their IP network-based services (customers email, website, FTP, and DNS aliases).
Unix Systems Administrator | Web Developer1998 - 2000Self-employed
Technologies: C++, Java, CGI, HTML, PHP, Perl, Bash, Linux
- Configured, deployed, and administrated a Linux hosting server.
- Created a dynamic website to automate new customer registration and billing process.
- Created a Java web application for a Denmark-based toy manufacturer.
- Created static and dynamic websites based on customers' specifications.