- Blockchain Consultant2018 - PRESENTStartOnChain
Technologies: Blockchain, Ethereum, Smart Contracts
- Engaged with clients wanting to enter the blockchain space, especially in the Ethereum ecosystem.
- Won a prize for my "Time Locked Wallet" demo project in ConsenSys - uPort Blockchain and Identity Hackathon.
- Blockchain Engineer2018 - 2018Fan Hero (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ethereum, Solidity
- Provided consultancy on Ethereum.
- Researched the use of permissioned blocks.
- Investigated transferring tokens without ether.
- Prototyped a token contract.
- Ethereum/Solidity Developer2018 - 2018Kryptonex LLC (via Toptal)
Technologies: Solidity, Ethereum, Web3.js
- Helped to integrate Ethereum and ER20 tokens into an exchange that is currently being built. It included address generation, token listing, and basic wallet operation related to ether and tokens using Web3.js.
- Big Data Engineer2017 - 2018Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Technologies: Apache Spark, Scala, Machine Learning
- Provided consultancy on big data technologies and data science.
- Architected and designed scalable solutions.
- Developed solutions mainly with Apache Spark and Scala.
- Employed machine learning techniques to maximize profit.
- Led a team to victory in an internal hackathon – developed a Slack bot for knowledge discovery, deployed on AWS.
- Big Data Engineer2016 - 2016Taulia, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Spark, Scala, Kafka, Cassandra, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Redshift
- Designed and built a new generation of Taulia’s data analytics platform.
- Effectively processed financial data and extracted useful information both in batch and real time.
- Built the platform in Scala, Spark Streaming and SQL, Cassandra, Kafka, Docker, and Redshift, running on Kubernetes on AWS.
- Big Data Engineer2015 - 2016Method Mill
Technologies: Spark, Scala, Akka, Docker, AWS (mainly S3, Redshift, and Redis), MySQL
- Helped integrate various data sources on a large scale.
- Built a pipeline from MySQL to Amazon Redshift.
- Created a syncing tool for Amazon S3.
- Big Data Engineer2015 - 2015Max2, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Spark, Scala, Kafka, Akka, Mesos
- Helped design and build a community-powered venue discovery platform offering personalized recommendations, planning with friends, and curated and real-time information.
- Used SparkSQL with DataFrames for data ingestion and Spark Streaming and MLlib for analytics.
- Coded in Scala with Akka and Kafka and run on Mesos.
- Senior Developer/Docker Evangelist2015 - 2015Tesco Bank
Technologies: Java, Spring Framework, Cucumber JVM, Git, Docker
- Introduced Docker to the development environment.
- Helped improve the CI pipeline.
- Extended the credit card portal.
- Improved the user journey experience for a loan portal.
- Big Data Engineer2015 - 2015Expedia, Inc.
Technologies: Hadoop Ecosystem, Apache Spark, Git, Chef, Azkaban, Jenkins
- Helped to automate the build and run process.
- Prototyped with Apache Spark.
- Updated existing Hive and MapReduce workflows.
- Senior Software Developer/Team Leader2013 - 2015Sony
Technologies: Java, Scala, Spring Framework, REST, Cucumber, OAuth 2.0, Hadoop, Hive, Amazon EC2 and S3, Jenkins, GitHub, Splunk
- Built a production RESTful Java web service for Sony devices and platforms mainly for Sony PS4 and 4K-TV handling hundreds of thousands of transactions.
- Developed on top of Spring Framework and Cassandra.
- Offered authentication and authorization capabilities based on OAuth2.
- Focused on quality of the code by employing unit testing with 100% code coverage, BDD with Cucumber, code reviews with GitHub pull requests, and Jenkins.
- Produced a project collecting, analyzing, and visualizing statistics from Sony devices. The data is stored in Amazon S3 and processed using Hadoop (MapReduce and Hive). The data collection server and the BI portals are Java based (Spring MVC and REST). I secured the access to the web services (by extending Spring Security) and the relational databases. Other technologies used include Apache Karaf (OSGi) and Maven.
- Worked on the “One Account – All Sony” global unified accounts integration project for Playstation and other devices.
- Led a team of three in Brussels and collaborated closely with the rest of the team in San Diego.
- Senior Developer2012 - 2012DeltaDNA (GamesAnalytics)
Technologies: Java, Spring Framework, REST, VoltDB, Hadoop, Hive, Android, iOS, AWS
- Tackled the challenges of real-time data collection, predictive analytics, data measurement, and user engagement for the millions of online and mobile computer game sessions, personalizing the user’s gaming experience and increasing retention and revenue as a result through optimized game design and individually targeted in-game messaging.
- Designed, developed, and provided continuous updates and enhancements of new features as part of an Agile in-house development team for the platforms and mobile SDKs.
- Applications Consultant2006 - 2012EPCC (University of Edinburgh)
Technologies: Java, REST, Spring, Hadoop, AWS
- Led “Work Package 3: Test, Delivery, and Support” from start to finish in a data-intensive research project for the EU which was rated Excellent.
- Designed and implemented the test platform, new software components based on Java, REST, Spring, Hibernate, and HDFS and extended existing software components such as OGSA-DAI during the lifespan of the project.
- Worked on a Master of Science in High Performance Computing, “test infecting” the students by lecturing and leading tutorials on unit testing and extreme programming and Agile methods; also created and gave a lecture on cloud use cases.
- Developed a RESTful presentation layer based on Jersey for the software program OGSA-DAI.
- Designed and developed an iPhone application for the UK National Supercomputing Service.
- Fixed performance problems involving CUDA, C, JNI, and Java code and improved its graphical user interface via a spinout company.
- Contributed to the project investigating the usage of Hadoop/MapReduce and clouds (Amazon EC2/Eucalyptus) for the analysis of post-genomic data.
- Enabled the integration of the UKQCD community with the International Lattice Data Grid by implementing a web service layer in Java.