Blockchain Consultant2018 - PRESENTStartOnChain
Technologies: Smart Contracts, Ethereum, Blockchain
- Engaged with clients wanting to enter the blockchain space, especially in the Ethereum ecosystem.
- Won a prize for my "Time Locked Wallet" demo project in ConsenSys, a uPort Blockchain and Identity hackathon.
- Designed and deployed smart contracts for tokens and ICOs including token vesting, refund vaults, and multi-signature wallets.
- Performed smart contract security audits.
Ethereum Engineer2020 - 2020British Asset – Kauri Crypto (via Toptal)
- Created and deployed a staking contract for the platform token.
- Created a demo DApp for the staking contract.
- Implemented and deployed the graph for the staking contract tracking all events and allowing more advanced queries.
Ethereum Engineer2019 - 2020Zipmex Exchange (via Toptal)
Technologies: Truffle, Solidity, Ethereum
- Created an upgradable erc20 token contract using a call delegate proxy.
- Deployed the project to mainnet, verified on Etherscan, and provided instructions to the team on how to use it.
Blockchain Engineer2019 - 2019LLPS, LLC (via Toptal)
Technologies: Drizzle, React, DApps, Web 3.0, Solidity, Ethereum
- Built a prototype of a real estate-backed loans platform.
- Designed and built the Ethereum smart contracts forming the back end of the platform.
- Created a user interface to the blockchain back end using React and Drizzle.
Blockchain Engineer2018 - 2018Grayblock (via Toptal)
Technologies: DApps, Web 3.0, Solidity, Ethereum
- Helped to design and build a POC platform leveraging blockchain to improve electricity generation finance.
Blockchain Engineer2018 - 2018IDEX – Aurora Labs S. A. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Node.js, Solidity, Ethereum
- Investigated various optimizations to Ethereum transaction throughput and gas cost for IDEX, currently the biggest on-chain exchange.
- Prototyped several optimizations including scheduling and specialized smart contracts.
Solidity Expert2018 - 2018Coinuma SL (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, Web 3.0, Solidity, Ethereum
- Helped to integrate Ethereum into the cryptocurrency exchange being built.
- Demonstrated wallet generation, ether and token transfers, balance checks, and listening for events.
- Advised on best security practices.
Blockchain Engineer2018 - 2018Fan Hero (via Toptal)
Technologies: IPFS, Solidity, Ethereum
- Provided consultancy on Ethereum.
- Researched the use of permissioned blocks and IPFS.
- Investigated transferring tokens without ether.
- Prototyped a token contract.
Ethereum/Solidity Developer2018 - 2018Kryptonex LLC (via Toptal)
Technologies: Web3.js, Ethereum, Solidity
- Helped to integrate Ethereum and ER20 tokens into an exchange that is currently being built. It included address generation, token listing, and basic wallet operation related to ether and tokens using Web3.js.
Big Data Engineer2017 - 2018Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Technologies: Machine Learning, Scala, Apache Spark
- Provided consultancy on big data technologies and data science.
- Architected and designed scalable solutions.
- Developed solutions mainly with Apache Spark and Scala.
- Employed machine learning techniques to maximize profit.
- Led a team to victory in an internal hackathon—developed a Slack bot for knowledge discovery, deployed on AWS.
Big Data Engineer2016 - 2016Taulia, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Redshift, Kubernetes, Docker, Cassandra, Apache Kafka, Scala, Spark
- Designed and built a new generation of Taulia’s data analytics platform.
- Effectively processed financial data and extracted useful information both in batch and real time.
- Built the platform in Scala, Spark Streaming and SQL, Cassandra, Kafka, Docker, and Redshift, running on Kubernetes on AWS.
Big Data Engineer2015 - 2016Method Mill
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis, Redshift, Docker, Akka, Scala, Spark
- Helped integrate various data sources on a large scale.
- Built a pipeline from MySQL to Amazon Redshift.
- Created a syncing tool for Amazon S3.
Big Data Engineer2015 - 2015Max2, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Mesos, Akka, Apache Kafka, Scala, Spark
- Helped design and build a community-powered venue discovery platform offering personalized recommendations, planning with friends, and curated and real-time information.
- Used SparkSQL with DataFrames for data ingestion and Spark Streaming and MLlib for analytics.
- Coded in Scala with Akka and Kafka and run on Mesos.
Senior Developer/Docker Evangelist2015 - 2015Tesco Bank
Technologies: Docker, Git, Cucumber, Spring, Java
- Introduced Docker to the development environment.
- Helped improve the CI pipeline.
- Extended the credit card portal.
- Improved the user journey experience for a loan portal.
Big Data Engineer2015 - 2015Expedia, Inc.
Technologies: Jenkins, Azkaban, Chef, Git, Apache Spark, Hadoop
- Helped to automate the build and run process.
- Prototyped with Apache Spark.
- Updated existing Hive and MapReduce workflows.
Senior Software Developer/Team Leader2013 - 2015Sony
Technologies: Splunk, GitHub, Jenkins, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon EC2, Apache Hive, Hadoop, OAuth 2, Cucumber, REST, Spring, Scala, Java
- Built a production RESTful Java web service for Sony devices and platforms mainly for Sony PS4 and 4K-TV handling hundreds of thousands of transactions.
- Developed on top of Spring Framework and Cassandra.
- Offered authentication and authorization capabilities based on OAuth2.
- Focused on quality of the code by employing unit testing with 100% code coverage, BDD with Cucumber, code reviews with GitHub pull requests, and Jenkins.
- Produced a project collecting, analyzing, and visualizing statistics from Sony devices. The data is stored in Amazon S3 and processed using Hadoop (MapReduce and Hive). The data collection server and the BI portals are Java based (Spring MVC and REST). I secured the access to the web services (by extending Spring Security) and the relational databases. Other technologies used include Apache Karaf (OSGi) and Maven.
- Worked on the “One Account – All Sony” global unified accounts integration project for Playstation and other devices.
- Led a team of three in Brussels and collaborated closely with the rest of the team in San Diego.
Senior Developer2012 - 2012DeltaDNA (GamesAnalytics)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), iOS, Android, Apache Hive, Hadoop, VoltDB, REST, Spring, Java
- Tackled the challenges of real-time data collection, predictive analytics, data measurement, and user engagement for the millions of online and mobile computer game sessions, personalizing the user’s gaming experience and increasing retention and revenue as a result through optimized game design and individually targeted in-game messaging.
- Designed, developed, and provided continuous updates and enhancements of new features as part of an Agile in-house development team for the platforms and mobile SDKs.
Applications Consultant2006 - 2012EPCC (University of Edinburgh)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Hadoop, Spring, REST, Java
- Led “Work Package 3: Test, Delivery, and Support” from start to finish in an Excellent-rated, data-intensive research project for the EU.
- Designed and implemented the test platform, new software components based on Java, REST, Spring, Hibernate, and HDFS and extended existing software components such as OGSA-DAI during the lifespan of the project.
- Worked on a master of science in high-performance computing, “test infecting” the students by lecturing and leading tutorials on unit testing and extreme programming and Agile methods; also created and gave a lecture on cloud use cases.
- Developed a RESTful presentation layer based on Jersey for the software program OGSA-DAI.
- Designed and developed an iPhone application for the UK National Supercomputing Service.
- Fixed performance problems involving CUDA, C, JNI, and Java code and improved its graphical user interface via a spinout company.
- Contributed to the project investigating the usage of Hadoop/MapReduce and clouds (Amazon EC2/Eucalyptus) for the analysis of post-genomic data.
- Enabled the integration of the UKQCD community with the International Lattice Data Grid by implementing a web service layer in Java.