- Software ArchitectSilver Bullet Solutions (formerly ITWorks S.A.)2009 - PRESENT
Technologies: Microsoft .NET, C#, C++, Java, SQL Server
- Helped to create and deliver a complex customer support system for Play, a Polish mobile operator, as a lead developer and technical project manager. Designed and implemented core parts of the application, including the workflow management module, an asynchronous event bus, integration interfaces, a data search engine, configurable event processing rules, and many other functions.
- Performed business process analysis and modeling, including analysis of existing business processes, gathering information and requirements from customers, and building logical and technical models of processes, information flows, integrations, and other technical solutions necessary for delivering desired functionality. Acquired a good knowledge of telecom companies and their business processes (especially in relation to customer and sales), customer support systems, complaints, monitoring of GSM networks, and maintenance.
- Designed and implemented a Lucene/Solr-based search engine for the "Atmosfera" system that replaced a SQL-based solution improving search quality, capabilities, and performance. Used C#, Java, and Solr.
- Sole Proprietor, FreelancerCogit2003 - PRESENT
- Developed motion control software for monitoring and controlling servo drives (used in robotics and CNC machining). Designed and implemented a full software platform for implementing motion control programs. The framework included device drivers, system-level APIs and function libraries, a TCL-based scripting environment, a monitoring and management GUI application, and a networked client/server system for remote communication. Used C, C++, Windows & Linux API, kernel drivers, Java, and TCL.
- Implemented a patient information management system for a medical facility in Poland using C#, ASP.NET MVC, ExtJS, and SQL.
- Implemented and automated a voice and SMS communication campaigns application for a telecom company. Handled incoming and outgoing calls, SMS and email messages, and automation of customer support processes. Used VoIP/SIP, FreeSWITCH, C#, ASP.NET MVC, and SQL Server.
- Created a high performance CDR (call detail record) database for a telecom company in Poland using Berkeley DB, C, and Unix API.
- Created a complex, Ext JS-based web UI for a VOD/Internet TV management system for a Polish telecom company. Used ExtJS, Ajax, JSP, and Struts2.
- Built a VoIP/Telephony application for a polish mass-market service provider (phone-based consultancy) - the platform handles incoming and outgoing calls, call routing and bridging, provides IVR service and live-billing, with tight integration with a CRM system. Technologies: FreeSWITCH, Node.js.
- Integration Team LeadSeamless Medical Systems2014 - 2015
- Designed a microservice-based integration framework for medical data exchange.
- Coordinated work in an international environment.
- Software ArchitectATM S.A.2002 - 2009
Technologies: .NET, C#, C++, WinAPI, COM, SQL Server
- Took part in the creation and delivery, as a senior software engineer and a solution architect, of several versions of “Atmosfera” (an ITIL-certified IT Help Desk management solution) to large telecom clients such as T- Mobile, Netia S.A., and several other companies.
- Worked as a senior developer in the iTVP (Internet TV) project for Polish national TV. Was responsible for the design and implementation of a web-based digital license distribution system using Microsoft DRM, C#, ASP.NET, and C++.
- Designed and implemented core parts of the "Atmosfera" product, including a centralized security mechanism, configurable workflow, business rules engine, and application integration framework.
- Worked as lead developer in the development of the “Atmosfera” Help Desk management system for Agora publishing house. Coordinated work, did hands-on development, and was responsible for direct cooperation with the customer's team. Concentrated the work around supporting customer business processes. Integrated with third party software, development of business logic, and the UI.
- Senior Software EngineerThe Polished Group2001 - 2002
Technologies: Java, J2EE
- Designed and implemented an application framework in Java for user account management, security, and session management.
- Involved in business software development, taking part in the implementation of a HR system. Implemented a work time/absence registry, employee calendar, and reports.
- Developed a software project management tool. Implemented change request management and data import/export functionality.
- Development Team LeadBio-Logic Systems corp1999 - 2001
Technologies: Windows, C++, MFC, WinAPI, Kernel API, COM, ATL, Windows CE API
- Implemented a device driver for medical equipment (PC cards) using C++, Windows, and Kernel API.
- Designed and implemented COM-based application plugins for visualization and management of patient and test data.
- Led a development team of 4 people. Coordinated development of a desktop application for performing otoacoustic hearing tests.
- Refactored legacy applications, providing automation and integration capabilities through COM interfaces.
- Coordinated work between international teams in Poland and the USA.