GraphQL Developer in Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Full-stack Engineer2016 - PRESENTSpotbeat (via Toptal)
Technologies: React.js, GraphQL, Redux, Node.js, PostgreSQL
- Created a React.js-based PWA.
- Created a back-end API platform using Node.js, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, and PostGIS.
- Created a social network app with wall posts, comments, like, reactions, chat and follow users features.
Node.js API Server Developer2015 - 2016Primedice
Technologies: Node.js, Redis, PostgreSQL, Socket.IO
- Built a Node.js based API platform.
- Built a highly scalable back-end with Redis and PostgreSQL.
- Designed and built a secured API for Blackjack, Minesweeper, Plinko, and Bustabit games.
- Built a Bitcoin deposit/withdraw API.
- Designed and built a chat server using Socket.IO.
Software Engineer2015 - 2015RBD (via Toptal)
Technologies: AngularJS, Node.js, MongoDB
- Built the entire link sharing app Theslinkapp.com from scratch.
- Developed an intelligent post creation form with fast auto-complete.
- Created a Node.js-based API server to serve the website and apps.
- Programmed a responsive web app with social network features such as post, comment, and follow.
- Wrote a real-time chat and comments engine.
Full-stack Developer2015 - 2015Gogogab (via Toptal)
Technologies: Node.js, AngularJS
- Built a real-time event management system.
- Built a scalable API server using Node.js.
- Built an AngularJS-based web app to manage events.
CEO2014 - 2015Aponomy
Technologies: Ionic, RSS, iOS, Android
- Built an app (Aponomy.com.au/fuelmate) for Western Australia to get best fuel prices.
Node.js Developer2014 - 2015Coinucopia (via Toptal)
Technologies: AngularJS, Node.js, Bitcoin, MongoDB
- Created software for Bitcoin ATM machines.
- Built an API server for Bitcoin transactions.
- Created a Node.js-based serial port communicator for camera and bill validator hardware.
- Created an AngularJS-based web application to display real-time Bitcoin price and stats.
- Created infrastructure for AML/KYC of Bitcoin buyers.
Software Innovator2012 - 2014Mobius Innovations
Technologies: Node.js, AngularJS, MongoDB, Redis, Machine learning
- Designed and developed a context-aware mobile advertising platform using machine learning and pattern recognition techniques.
- Built a highly scalable Node.js-based complex event processing engine for pattern matching in streaming sensor data such as location traces, bank transactions, weather, and social media events.
- Created an iOS and Android library that can be added to any mobile app to serve context-aware advertisements inside apps.
- Developed a data mining engine which provides semantic ontology-based mining of linked open data sources such as OpenStreetMap, DBpedia, and Freebase. It intelligently aligns the data from different sources and maintains a distributed triple data store.
- Programmed an AngularJS-based front-end portal to design and deploy rules for pattern matching.
Founder and CTO2010 - 2012AXS Solutions
Technologies: Node.js, Redis, iOS, Push notifications
- Founded a company for mobile payment facilitation.
- Designed and developed the entire Node.js-based push notification platform for mobile payment receipts.
- Developed a Node.js and Socket.io-based front-end to send notifications to mobile apps.
- Built an Android app for mobile payments.
- Created an API for integrating the mobile payment feature in third-party apps.
IT Analyst2005 - 2012TATA Consultancy Service
Technologies: C, SOAP, Web services
- Built a system size estimator to predict the future hardware requirements using the current load on the server.
- Built a SOAP application server to expose legacy services (written in C and COBOL) as web services using SOAP 1.2 protocol.
- Developed a testing framework for SOAP server integration testing.
- Built a WSDL generator in Java to auto-create WSDL for legacy services.
- Led the team of five developers and three testers.
Founder and CTO2008 - 2010Blackbull Investment Company
Technologies: jQuery, PHP
- Designed and built a stock market technical analysis web app that shows beautiful charts for various technical analysis indicators such as MACD, TRIX, MA, and Stochastics.
- Built a web-based portfolio manager to track companies and set buy/sell triggers for stock prices.
- Built an SMS-based notification system to send buy/sell trigger notifications to mobile phones.
- Maintained a blog to explain technical analysis using stock market indicators.
- Built a real-time stock ticker service.
- Alchemist (Development)
Alchemist is a Node.js-based complex event processing framework. Alchemist matches patterns in various sensor data coming from mobile systems, bank transactions, and social media.
- Porsche OI 2019 - Semifinalist (Development)https://prezi.com/view/GbD1Sw7yIdILGNWPrLRi/
I built a blockchain-powered secure digital key platform to create and share Porsche car keys.
- Fuelmate Android App (Other amazing things)https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.aponomy.android.fuelmate&hl=en
An Android app built using AngularJS and Ionic frameworks. Get the best fuel prices in Western Australia.
- Context Aware Apps and Complex Event Processing (Other amazing things)https://www.toptal.com/mobile/context-aware-apps-and-complex-event-processing
A blog post about context-aware mobile development.
- Fuelmate for iOS (Other amazing things)https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fuelmate/id956454948
A mobile app to get the best fuel prices in Western Australia.
- Complete Authentication Solution for Web Apps (Development)
A reusable module to instantly add a feature-rich user management system to any web app. It was built as a stand-alone authentication server for user management and a front-end demo was built using AngularJS
- Crypto Price Tracker (Development)https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bitcoin-price-tracker/fpkhlnacfhciopipcjpcjmkpldbogaeo
Crypto price tracker chrome extension to track live cryptocurrency prices and to get notifications for the price changes.
- React Native App (Development)
I helped build a React Native iOS app to connect college alumni users with new college grads for guidance and mentorship. The app was built for a Hong Kong-based Toptal client.
- Context Aware Applications and Complex Event Processing Architecture (Publication)Since almost all smartphones today are equipped with location sensors, motion sensors, bluetooth, and wifi, today's mobile apps can use context awareness to dramatically increase their capabilities and value. This article walks you through building a context aware app that employs complex event processing.
- Rahul is a mentor in the Toptal Global Mentor’s Program. This program is a partnership between Toptal and General Assembly to provide high quality mentorship for students from minority and low income backgrounds who are looking to begin their careers as professional software engineers. Rahul shows commitment to diversity in tech by mentoring a General Assembly student every week for a year, covering everything from coding tips and tricks to advice on making it in the industry.
FrameworksReact Native, Redux, Express.js
Libraries/APIsReact, Node.js, Lodash, LeafletJS
ToolsPrisma, Chrome Developer Tools, Git, Sketch, Xcode, Node Inspector
PlatformsMacOS, AWS EC2, iOS, Ubuntu, Blockchain
StorageRedis, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, CartoDB
ParadigmsFunctional Programming, Test-driven Development (TDD)
OtherApollo, Smart Contracts, Machine Learning
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering2001 - 2005University Of Mumbai - Mumbai, India