Verified Expert in Engineering
Ralph is a passionate web developer specializing in eCommerce. He enjoys working in an Agile environment on sophisticated and challenging projects. With his solid background in working with and leading diverse teams, Ralph uses his coding knowledge to solve big problems that can easily be solved with automation so that the rest of the company can focus on their craft.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), DataGrip, Yarn Workspaces, TypeScript, React, Express.js, GraphQL, Next.js
The most amazing...
...apps I've developed are three Shopify apps that ranked among the top 50 in their respective categories and which I built publicly on my Twitter profile.
Full-stack Web Developer
- Led a team of three in building and maintaining Club Med's content management system (CMS). I also handled the website CMS and the mobile app CMS.
- Handled communication with 52 marketing teams and 500 active users globally to manage their feature requests and bugs.
- Monitored Kibana regularly for any bugs and inconsistencies.
- Managed the CMS with more than a million weekly requests.
Senior Shopify Developer
- Turned Shopify into a sophisticated CMS for products, albums, artists, tracklists, etc., allowing teams to customize information using no-code.
- Communicated with an internal API to generate the credits and track lists of more than 10,000 albums and over 60,000 collaborators.
- Used Shopify expertise to allow the company to launch in a close-to-impossible timeframe, resulting in revenue generation much quicker.
- Suggested solutions every step of the way during the soft launch (launch on the Shopify website) as well as during the hard launch (on the Next.js storefront).
- Set up the boilerplate environment for the Next.js storefront: TypeScript, Storybook, Next.js, Tailwind, ESLint, Prettier, Vercel, GraphQL, and Jest.
- Set up a custom Shopify app that listens to products created and automatically populates their data using Shopify webhooks and the internal REST API.
- Set up an AWS instance (ECS connected to an ECR to pull and run the Docker image).
- Developed a back office for vendors to check their analytics, orders, disputes, and other vendor-related marketplace features using MUI (Material UI).
- Tracked bugs and features with a Jira project management tool.
- Worked in two-week sprints as part of an Agile development team, involving retrospectives to measure what went wrong, what went well, and what we could do to improve, conducting sprint planning meetings to plan and estimate upcoming sprints.
- Organized workshops to help train the back-end developers in React and TypeScript while working as part of a team of seven developers, two front-end and five back-end developers.
- Developed a Google Chrome extension that has been downloaded over a thousand times.
- Led the sprint planning for the project while managing a team of two people.
- Created a sophisticated technology that takes a paragraph and determines the quality and chance of being well or poorly perceived by any advertising service provider.
Axe Post-purchase Upsells | Shopify Apphttps://apps.shopify.com/axe-post-purchase
Upsell Checkbox | Shopify Apphttps://apps.shopify.com/axe-check-my-box
I built this app publicly on Twitter in 48 hours.
Also worked on ingesting the Shopify subscriptions API to allow products that contain subscriptions to be used as upsells.
Theme Scheduler | Shopify App
Big companies must hire extra staff to publish specific themes on inconvenient days, and my app helped solve that by automating this task.
I built this app in four hours while being live on Twitch.
Shopify App Templatehttps://github.com/Crunchyman-ralph/shopify-app-node-monorepo-express-vite
This project currently has 71+ stars on GitHub, and I maintain and improve it regularly.
Express.js, Next.js, Vanilla JS, YARN, Hapi.js, Tailwind CSS, Cypress, Redux, MUI (Material UI), Django, Jest, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Symfony
React, Node.js, Liquid, REST APIs, Shopify API, Chart.js, Vue, Backbone.js
REST, Responsive Web Design (RWD), Microservices, UI Design, Web UI Design, UX Design, Agile, Agile Software Development
Shopify, Heroku, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Amazon EC2, Vercel
MySQL, Databases, Relational Databases, Redis, PostgreSQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Elasticsearch, MongoDB
Master's Degree in Aerospace Engineering
ESTACA, Engineering School - Paris, France
Bachelor's Degree in Data Science
University of California San Diego - San Diego, California, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
ESTACA, Engineering School - Paris, France