Verified Expert in Engineering
Robb is a resourceful software professional with nearly 20 years of experience in building and delivering production-ready, enterprise-grade software of all kinds. He's educated in computer science and business and is a certified project management professional. He has worked with a diverse set of teams and has top-quality communication skills. His passion for development and his focus on business results make Robb an ideal candidate for your consideration.
Git, MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft SQL Server, Windows 10
The most amazing...
...attainments I've achieved include managing 12 software devs, earning my PMP, creating an iOS video game, and entirely building a full-stack software platform.
Digital Wizardry Software Solutions, Ltd.
- Integrated Azure Media Services—a type of transcoding service—into Node.js using TypeScript.
- Wrote Node.js routines to discover and convert millions of hyperlinks in MongoDB.
- Helped build an ASP.NET ERP system for a manufacturing company.
- Designed and built an ASP.NET data management system for mining core samples.
- Implemented the cloud infrastructure setup, WordPress setup, general IT consulting, and IT support.
- Helped build and maintain the website for a world-class, top-tier outdoor equipment manufacturing company.
Chief Technology Officer | Co-founder | Entrepreneur
- Focused on building value for the company amid continuous uncertainty with few available resources and little direct support.
- Deployed using Docker and Amazon Web Services to a production environment.
- Performed integrations with social media APIs: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube via OAuth authentication. These integrations allowed end users to sign in using social media to access services, including social media data analytics and KPIs.
Manager of Software Developers
- Spearheaded the delivery of multiple large-scale, time-sensitive, mission-critical software releases for an enterprise-grade ERP system amid uncertain requirements and numerous technical challenges that my team successfully achieved.
- Acted as a cross-disciplinary project manager and facilitator.
- Hired, trained, and mentored new employees, prepared and delivered performance reviews, and resolved numerous personnel issues.
Senior Software Developer
- Led working groups with a mandate to serve business and facilitate corporate growth.
- Devised and deployed multiple high-complexity software solutions for a rapidly-growing business.
- Specialized in system maintenance, problem solving, and user support—thriving on uncertainty, variety, and exposure to risk.
Software Developer | iOS
- Undertook an independent development project which I designed, built, and marketed—an iPhone video game called Robot Attack Maze.
- Succeeded in this goal using Xcode, Objective-C, iOS, and the Cocos2d framework. The game was then sold in the Apple Store.
- Implemented random maze level generation, a recursive maze-solving algorithm, a physics engine, and an artificial intelligence subsystem within the game.
- Started as a software developer working on the company’s extensive custom-built ERP system using VB6 and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Migrated code from the legacy VB6 system to new modules built in VB.NET.
- Accomplished the goal of building an EDI web application from a design template using SOAP web services. The resulting integrations software has since input over $80 million of orders and saved over 800 person hours.
FDM Software Ltd.
- Worked at FDM Software as a co-op intern in my final year at Langara College. Even before I had graduated, FDM hired me as a permanent software developer.
- Developed their flagship emergency services RMS product using Delphi, Object Pascal, Microsoft SQL Server, and Sybase SQL Anywhere.
- Contributed to a major system rewrite porting legacy application code to C# .NET. I specialized in system integration and worked on several key projects linking the RMS with external systems. Examples include Texas EMS and HAZMAT data classification.
- Implemented a high-risk database upgrade for Salt Lake City, for which the company received an official commendation.
- Proposed to build an innovative integration with Google Earth which allowed geospatial data from the RMS to be projected onto three-dimensional maps. FDM's management agreed, and the resulting product is still being sold as a feature.
SMG Technologies Inc.
- Worked at SMG as a co-op intern while studying computer science at Langara College.
- Built, with a team, a fare reservation system for Singapore Airlines using Java and Oracle.
- Implemented scheduled services with Oracle WebLogic application server.
The maze generation algorithm is configurable and produces fully-random mazes that completely occupy grids with variable dimensions. The algorithm completes a typical maze generation task on a server in just a few milliseconds.
This project demonstrates my software design and coding abilities. I like to produce very clean, maintainable, self-documenting code that includes helpful comments explaining the more difficult concepts.
There is full source code posted on my GitHub account, and from there a link provides access to a running demo.
ASP.NET, .NET, .NET Core, Entity Framework Core, Cocos2d
Microsoft Visual Studio, Git, Xcode
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Scrum, Agile, REST
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, WordPress, Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Docker, Oracle, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), iOS
Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Databases, SQL Anywhere, Sybase, MongoDB
Web Development, Windows 10
Entity Framework, Node.js, jQuery
PMP Project Management Professional in Project Management
Project Management Institute - Newtown Square, PA, USA
Certificate in Business Administration
Capilano University - North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Diploma in Computer Science
Langara College - Vancouver, BC, Canada