Owner2017 - PRESENTDigital Wizardry Software Solutions, Ltd.
- Integrated Azure Media Services (a type of transcoding service) into Node.js using TypeScript.
- Wrote Node.js routines to discover and convert millions of hyperlinks in MongoDB.
- Contributed to the ASP.NET ERP system for manufacturing company.
- Designed and built an ASP.NET data management system for mining core samples.
- Implemented the cloud infrastructure setup, WordPress setup, general IT consulting, and IT support.
Chief Technology Officer | Co-founder | Entrepreneur2016 - 2017ShoutExchange Ltd.
- Focused on building value for the company amid continuous uncertainty with few available resources and little direct support.
- Deployed this full-stack system using Docker to a production environment where it has operated successfully for many months.
- Integrated into the system using OAuth authentication with four social media APIs: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. These integrations allow end users to sign in using social media to access ShoutExchange services including social media data analytics and time-phased KPIs.
Manager, Software Developers2013 - 2016Arc'teryx Equipment
Technologies: Git, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Basic (VB), VB.NET
- Attained ultimately the role of manager of the software developer team with 12 direct reports.
- Delivered with my team successfully a large-scale, time-sensitive, mission-critical integration package linking the ERP with a warehouse facility operating on SAP.
- Hired and helped orient new employees, prepared and delivered performance reviews, and exercised my skills as a project manager and facilitator.
Senior Software Developer2012 - 2013Arc'teryx Equipment
Technologies: TFS, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Basic (VB), VB.NET
- Led teams with a mandate to serve business and facilitate corporate growth.
- Specialized in system maintenance, problem solving, and user support—thriving on the uncertainty, variety, and exposure to risk.
Software Developer2011 - 2013Independent iOS Developer
Technologies: Git, Cocos2d, Objective-C, iOS
- Undertook an independent development project which I designed, built, and marketed an iPhone video game called Robot Attack Maze.
- Succeeded in this goal using Xcode, Objective-C, iOS, and the Cocos2d framework. The game was then sold in the Apple App Store.
- Implemented in the game random maze level generation, a recursive maze-solving algorithm, a physics engine, and an artificial intelligence subsystem.
Software Developer2007 - 2012Arc'teryx Equipment
Technologies: VSS, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Basic (VB), VB.NET
- Started as a software developer working on the company’s extensive custom-built ERP system using VB6 and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Migrated code from the legacy VB6 system to new modules built in VB.NET.
- Accomplished the goal of building an EDI web application from a design template using SOAP web services. The resulting integrations software has since input over $80 million of orders and saved over 800 person hours.
Software Developer2003 - 2007FDM Software Ltd.
Technologies: CVS, Object Pascal, Delphi, SQL Anywhere, Microsoft SQL Server, .NET, C#
- Worked at FDM Software as a co-op intern in my final year at Langara College. Even before I had graduated, FDM hired as a permanent software developer.
- Developed their flagship emergency services RMS product using Delphi, Object Pascal, Microsoft SQL Server, and Sybase SQL Anywhere.
- Contributed to a major system rewrite porting legacy application code to C# .NET. In time I specialized on system integrations and worked on several key projects linking the RMS with external systems. Examples include Texas EMS and HAZMAT data classification.
- Implemented a high-risk database upgrade for Salt Lake City for which the company received an official commendation.
- Proposed to build an innovative integration with Google Earth which allowed geospatial data from the RMS to be projected onto three-dimensional maps. FDM management agreed, and the resulting product is still being sold as a feature.
Software Developer2002 - 2002SMG Technologies Inc.
Technologies: Oracle, Java
- Worked at SMG as co-op intern while studying computer science at Langara College.
- Built, with a team, a fare reservation system for Singapore Airlines using Java and Oracle.