Verified Expert in Engineering
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Pivotal Tracker, Slack, Ubuntu, MacOS, Chrome Extensions
The most amazing...
...thing I've done was to develop the Facebook Marketplace post flow as a solo developer.
Principle Full-stack React and Node Developer
- Led a team of over 30 developers dispersed globally on three major applications.
- Researched technologies and provided guidance and plans to the executive team.
- Served as a stakeholder translating plans into team epics and further breaking them down into stories.
- Oversaw scrum-of-scrum meetings, discussing retrospectives and setting priorities.
- Performed the first-level technical screening interviews.
Principal Engineer and Scrum Master
- Broke down project objectives into team stories by taking direction from the senior team.
- Led the planning and grooming sessions with fellow engineers.
- Performed code reviews and led the development of the enrollment planning system of the strategy workbench.
- Created multi-variable dynamic charts with time series data using various simultaneous representation formats with the D3.js library.
- Styled and constructed new compound components on top of Material UI and Material Design and implemented designs in Storybook.
- Developed async plan submission updating long processing APIs while allowing users to continue their interactions.
- Screened, interviewed, and onboarded new engineers.
Senior React Developer
- Built a key multi-app (admin, client, and candidate) system, including shared libraries, from the ground up for a billion-dollar company while working with just two other front-end developers.
- Used Apollo with React Hooks to interface with GraphQL back ends.
- Created common interfaces for a heterogeneous collection of microservices written on different platforms, a range of languages, and a diverse set of schemas.
- Helped with onboarding junior developers and provided detailed pull request reviews and peer programming sessions.
- Made major contributions to planning sessions for framework design, style standards, and API interfaces.
Senior Angular Developer
- Developed Cisco Defense Orchestrator using Angular.
- Created components, templates, and stylesheets based on mockups.
- Composed unit tests (Jasmine/Karma) and E2E tests (Cypress.io).
- Worked with back-end Java developers to create APIs for front-end consumption.
Lead Node.js and React Developer
College for America
- Managed AWS EC2 instances and S3 data storage for JSON-based content.
- Developed load testing scenarios using Casper/PhantomJS.
- Worked as a lead full-stack architect covering server admin, Nginx, MongoDB, Node.js, and front-end components.
- Took design mockups and turned them into full working functional components using SCSS.
- Configured and managed data using MongoDB data stores .
Co-lead AngularJS Programmer for the Command Center Interface
Hexis Cyber Solutions
- Created, maintained, and updated hundreds of Angular directives, services, and controllers.
- Worked with UI designers to redesign a large-scale enterprise application using HTML5 and SCSS.
- Authored JSON REST interface requirements to be implemented by a back-end development team.
- Acted as liaison between two Scrum teams providing development direction for the back end and front end.
AngularJS and Node.js Programmer for UnderArmour.com
- Brought in as an emergency resource to accelerate a lagging flagship website rebuild.
- Integrated rapidly and seamlessly with a large Scrum team and began building front-end Angular and back-end Node.js modules within the first week—allowing the product to finish on time.
- Developed a responsive interface for a variety of mobile and desktop environments.
- Developed back-end Node.js modules, package install configs, and MongoDB interfaces.
Automatic Data Processing (ADP)
- Developed a Cordova-based mobile application to replace a native iOS app with well over a million users.
- Created MongoDB/Node.js caching routines for back-end API systems.
- Constructed Node.js-based API and JSON systems for mobile applications to communicate with.
- Developed a management console interface using Bootstrap.
- Built front-end HTML5 based mini-apps using Backbone.js and Underscore.js templates.
- Created applications for employees and employers to manage 401Ks (retirement plans), timecards, healthcare, and various other benefits in a mobile environment.
Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Constructed a topology mapping system where you could drag and drop servers into a network diagram and draw multi-directional connections.
- Developed code in Require.js and AngularJS frameworks along with GoJS diagramming framework.
- Built a system to load and save a user’s diagram in JSON using Node.js and MongoDB.
Senior PHP Programmer
- Used Drupal to create an app store management system similar to Apple’s iTunes Connect site.
- Migrated a high-traffic custom legacy PHP community site with blogs, forums, and more to Drupal.
- Constructed a reporting and administration system for mobile and app-oriented APIs using CodeIgniter.
- Tested and implemented several jQuery libraries for grid layouts, report tables, and many other purposes.
- Worked on an asynchronous real-time activity tracking tool using Node.js and MongoDB.
Hugo for RGPhttps://www.hugobyrgp.com/
Cisco Defense Orchestratorhttps://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/defense-orchestrator/index.html
Intel Developer Zonehttps://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/overview.html
Angular, AngularJS, Redux, Express.js, MUI (formerly Material UI), Jest, Next.js, Tailwind CSS, Cypress, Jasmine, React Native
React, Node.js, REST APIs, React Redux, Context API, D3.js, Backbone.js
NGINX, Figma, Mocha, Jira, Git, GitHub, JSX, Amazon Cognito, Mongoose, Karma, Sequelize
Scrum, MEAN Stack, Agile, Continuous Integration (CI), Management, Test-driven Development (TDD), Functional Testing, Unit Testing, Kanban, REST
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
MongoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL, Database Management Systems (DBMS), PostgreSQL
APIs, WebSockets, Front-end, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), MERN Stack, CSS-in-JS, Front-end Development, Architecture, Full-stack, Web App Development, Web Development, Software Project Management, Software Development Management, React Testing Library, Team Management, Responsive Web Apps, Learning Management Systems (LMS), Team Leadership, Storybook, Technical Leadership, Web UI, Web UX, Project Estimation, IT Project Management, Discrete Mathematics, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Bitcoin, Chrome Extensions, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Apollo
Master's Degree in Business Administration Specializing in IT Management
Rutgers School of Business - Newark, NJ, United States
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science and Cognitive Science
Rutgers University - New Brunswick, NJ, United States
Certified Scrum Master