Co-founder and CTO2016 - PRESENTCollege Pulse
- Hired and managed a team of engineers. Responsible for sprint planning, work delegation, and all other aspects of management.
- Developed a consumer web and mobile app for surveying college students—reached 15,000 daily users and 1+ million monthly survey submits. Built the mobile app in React Native for iOS and Android. Reached the top 100 in the App Store social category.
- Scaled MongoDB database to handle complex aggregations on collections with tens of millions of items. Ensured efficient indexing and composition of queries to keep increasingly heavy operations at subsecond speed.
- Attended YCombinator as a founder and was directly involved in raising seed round from top VC funds in San Francisco.
Software Engineering Intern2017 - 2017Smartcar
Technologies: AWS Lambda, PostgreSQL, SQL, Java, Python, Node.js, Polymer
- Built developer SDKs for Node.js, Python, and Java. These SDKs allowed apps to seamlessly interact with the APIs of different car manufacturers.
- Developed numerous sample applications on top of these SDKs for testing. These included simple web apps and used AWS Lambda functions to turn IoT hardware into a car key.
- Contributed to various work on several web apps (Node.js+Express back end, Polymer front end). Overhauled authentication system to implement two-factor auth and social sign in. Built out a user roles and permissions system.
- Worked with a PostgreSQL database, wrote several migrations that made significant structural changes to database for new features.
- Wrote extensive unit tests using the Mocha framework for all changes.
Software Engineering Intern2017 - 2017Palantir Technologies
- Owned the design and development of a data dashboard for senior-level employees of a US government agency.
- Migrated parts of the back end to Golang, resulting in significant speed improvements when operating on large scale data.
- Integrated several internal tools in a novel way, working directly with the individual product teams owning each product at the company to support my team's use case.