Verified Expert in Engineering
Romeo is a senior software engineer with 10+ years of experience in game development. He specializes in Unity for 2D or 3D games and C# .NET for building reliable back-end services. Romeo can take ownership during development or help out in gameplay, graphics, shaders, engine, tools, AI, networking, optimization, and code architecture.
C#, Unity, Game Development
The most amazing...
...project I've developed is an RPC framework that code generates the boilerplate needed for client and server and can have interchangeable transport systems.
Co-founder, Software Engineer
Mevo Intelligent Games
- Utilized software engineering expertise to develop products throughout the software lifecycle, from ideation and requirements definition to development and successful deployment.
- Demonstrated expertise in translating the clients' specific needs into easy-to-understand software solutions.
- Supervised and led a small team of engineers and artists.
- Built the pieces of the game Need for Speed using Frostbite, one of the most technologically advanced game engines in existence.
- Developed FIFA for mobile on Android, IOS, and Windows Phone.
- Performed FIFA development for Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita.
FIFA Android and iOShttps://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-mobile
My responsibility was to use C++, C#, Java, Objective-C to architecturally design and build game mechanics for handheld devices, both smartphones and tablets.
Need For Speedhttps://www.ea.com/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed
My responsibility was to use C++ and C# to architecturally design and build the game mechanics using the Frostbite engine.
Porting Unturned to PS4 and Xbox One
My responsibility was to transfer mechanics and features from the PC version of Unturned to consoles while respecting framerate budgets and a controller input method, also integrating the multiplayer system into AWS.
This project was developed with Unity using C#.
Enter the Reverieshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyNsCdWDWxE
Took over the project in a shambles state from a previous junior engineer and developed it to completion and launch.
I led a team of two engineers from idea to launch for both front-end and back-end implementations.
Unity, Unity3D, Unity2D, .NET, Microsoft Kinect
Concurrent Programming, REST, Agile Project Management
Multiplayer, Rendering, Unity Networking & LAN, 3D Graphics, HTTP, 3D Games, 2D Games, Third-party SDK Integration, Game Development, 3D, APIs, PS4, Xbox One, Shaders, Game AI, VR Platform, Augmented Reality (AR), Software Development, Frostbite Engine, PS Vita, Mobile Game Development, Console Games, Client Relationship Management, 3D Modeling
Android, iOS, Windows, Nintendo 3DS, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Romanian American University - Bucharest, Romania