Verified Expert in Engineering
Software Architect and Developer
Rouhollah is a computer engineer with 10+ years of experience in embedded systems, IoT, security, and real-time systems. He has a proven ability to lead teams, develop innovative solutions, and deliver results under pressure. Rouhollah is a dedicated professional with a solid academic background, including a BSc, MSc, and PhD in computer science. He is seeking a challenging role where he can use his skills and experience to make a significant contribution to a team and company.
Embedded C++, Embedded C, Encryption, Objective-C, IT Security, Security, Qt, Raspberry Pi, Web Development, Embedded Linux, Networking, Low Latency, Visual Studio, Microsoft Visual C++
The most amazing...
...achievement was driving security features in the Ericsson base station software, which were crucial for Ericsson's customer safety and UK market presence.
System Security Developer
- Analyzed and implemented security features in Ericsson's RAN products.
- Worked closely with architect experts and cross-functional teams to facilitate the implementation of the features.
- Analyzed the security risks imposed by new features to ensure and validate compliance of implemented features with the security requirements.
Networks Engineer for P2P File Sharing App
- Ran a feasibility study to compare wireless communication technologies concerning energy consumption, performance, and throughput.
- Conducted a comprehensive comparison of various wireless technologies, including Bluetooth, wifi, and ZigBee, concerning performance, energy consumption, and throughput.
- Utilized findings from the comparison to make informed decisions on the wireless technology used in the final design.
- Presented the results of the feasibility study and wireless technology comparison clearly and concisely to stakeholders.
TLT Screen AB
- Developed a product to detect hand gestures and enable users to interact with a screen without touching it.
- Built a core application in C++ to read point clouds from images received from a camera and detect users' hand gestures.
- Used Qt to develop a nice, smooth UI with a high-integrity core system.
- Developed intention prediction algorithms to decide user intention by tracking their hand gestures toward the screen.
- Deployed the whole intention prediction algorithm on a Raspberry Pi as a proof of concept.
Lead Engineer and Developer
- Developed and implemented a real-time control system with C/C++ programming on Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
- Utilized data-driven techniques to optimize the performance of data visualization, resulting in more accurate and real-time control visualizations.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to design and implement embedded system solutions that met project requirements and improved overall system functionality.
- Participated in the ELLIIT project, a collaboration between Lund University and Linköping University to design robust and secure networked embedded systems.
- Participated in an international project with parties located in Sweden, Switzerland, and the US. Gained a lot of international experience by attending conferences worldwide.
- Conducted research regarding real-time communication in the vehicle and cloud-based control applications. Also, I implemented and evaluated real-time algorithms on microcontrollers.
- Reverse-engineered an industrial control application to retrieve some missing functions. It prevented the employer from spending a lot of money on a new one.
- Developed a product to analyze network packets at a web application layer and act as a web application firewall for web services.
- Analyzed the functional requirements of the system and designed the entity relationship accordingly.
- Used the Spring framework in Java to generate the facade for the system.
- Helped manage a UI and test team to ensure the final product was completed to the highest standard.
- Developed a vulnerability scanner using the OpenVAS framework. The vulnerability scanner became the winning ticket when the sales group wanted to sell the final product.
- Developed a security information and event management (SIEM) system.
- Automated OpenVAS vulnerability scanner using a wrapper written in Java as part of the big SIEM system.
- Participated in a big team with various specialties, from machine learning researchers to white hat hackers.
An Innovative Way to Interact with a Computerhttps://tltscreen.com/
Measure AES and DES Performance on ARM Processor
The ultimate goal was to research the relation between the number of rounds of encryption and different key sizes versus the timing overhead of running the encryption and decryption.
Digital Marine Dashboardhttps://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6870986701720944640
CentriPro: Centrifugal Image Analyzerhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz68GF7RIuw&t=224s
An analyzer module calculates the saturated and unsaturated volumes in the next step by employing image processing techniques. Then, a simulation core uses this data for history matching to find relative permeability parameters. The simulation code of the software is developed from scratch and integrated as a standalone module. A YouTube link to the demo of the software is provided.
I was the senior developer and team lead in this project leading a team of 3-4 software engineers. I had a broad overview of the architecture of the software while also helping the implementation team. I was also the contact point for the correspondent petrochemical engineer from the client.
Data Visualization Software for Medical Equipmenthttps://hemedex.com/
Tcpdump, Visual Studio, Microsoft Visual C++, Wireshark, Slack, MATLAB, Git
Embedded Systems, Computer Networking, Cryptography, Programming, Cryptographic Protocols, Encryption, Sorting Algorithms, Algorithms, IT Security, Security, Research, Computer Security, Networks, Technical Writing, Low-level Programming, TCP/IP, UDP, Network Stack, IP Networks, Network Programming, Microcontrollers, Embedded Development, Internet of Things (IoT), Embedded Software, Networking, Network Administration, Real-time Embedded Systems, Ethernet, Windows Desktop Software, Project Design & Management, Genetic Algorithms, Software Design, Architecture, IoT Security, Leadership, QCustomPlot, P2P, NAT, Graphing, Firmware, Linux Servers, Web Security, Compilers, Linux Device Driver, WebSockets, Low Latency, Creative Problem Solving, Innovation, Public-key Cryptography, Symphony, Machine Learning, Web Development, Single Sign-on (SSO), ARM Embedded, Simulations, Petroleum Engineering, WiFi, WiFi Direct, File Management, Controller, Sensor Data, Bluetooth, Linux Server Administration, APIs, 5G, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Information Security
Qt, Spring, Hibernate
Windows App Development, Scrum, Agile Software Development, Penetration Testing, Real-time Systems
Linux, Arduino, Eclipse, Raspberry Pi, Embedded Linux, Linux Mint, FreeBSD, Java EE
PhD Degree in Computer Science
Linkoping University - Linkoping, Sweden
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Sharif University - Tehran, Iran
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Sharif Univerisity - Tehran, Iran
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring