Founder and Lead Developer2015 - PRESENTMod Picker, LLC
- Registered an LLC in the state of California. Managed independent contractors, created a business plan, and worked with a lawyer to legally establish the company.
- Built a private RESTful API back-end in Ruby on Rails using MySQL as the database and Devise for authentication. Created a public-facing API to be consumed by other developers using API tokens.
- Designed a database schema with 79 tables and 149 relationships.
- Developed an AngularJS front-end single-page application from the ground up with 104 directives, 69 services, and 74 views.
- Created a JSON templating library building off of ActiveModel serialization.
- Engineered a factory to generate index pages given configuration including filter prototypes, with pagination and dynamic URL parameter serialization and deserialization.
- Produced 25 index pages with hundreds of filters and dozens of sorting options.
- Created a dynamic AngularJS data table display system for sorting and displaying data based on simple column configuration.
- Designed a tagging system which allows crowd-sourced tagging of content, with searching allowing users to find content that excludes or includes certain tags.
- Created a grid and list based drag-and-drop mod list management tool, with built in recognition and automatic resolution options for ordering and compatibility issues.
- Built a DLL with Delphi wrapping around an existing application, xEdit, for the purpose of generating reports on Bethesda Plugin Files.
- Developed a desktop application in C# for generating analyses of video game modifications to Bethesda games, including analysis of file structure, nested archive contents, and Bethesda Plugin Files.
- [In progress] Creating a payment system to tap into PayPal's Express Checkout API.
- [In progress] Developing a desktop application to automate the download, set up, and configuration of a Mod Picker mod list.
Web Developer2016 - 2016Click-Thru Consulting
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, MySQL, CanCanCan
- Built a platform for managing clients with Ruby on Rails.
- Worked with client to create a MySQL database with a dozen tables.
- Devised a three role system for clients, client service representatives, and platform administrators with CanCanCan.
- Designed an automatic mailer so representatives could start the process of signing a client up for a service quickly and easily.
- Developed a fully dynamic system for creating and managing services so platform administrators could add/remove services as needed without requiring the help of a developer.
Software Development Intern2015 - 2015Invoca, LLC
Technologies: Backdraft, Backbone, jQuery, DataTables
- Contributed to Backdraft, a wrapper around Backbone providing jQuery DataTable integration and plugin framework.
- Collaborated with a SCRUM team to evaluate and track user stories through development.
- Participated in a company hackathon, my team won first place for creating a new reporting system.
- zEdit (Development)https://github.com/z-edit/zedit
An open source IDE for working with Bethesda game files with an extensible module system. Built with AngularJS, NodeJS, and Electron. Binds a Delphi DLL through a native node addon and provides tools for viewing, editing, and generating Bethesda Plugin Files, Papyrus Script Files, and Bethesda Archive Files.
- SevenZipExtractor (Development)https://github.com/adoconnection/SevenZipExtractor/pull/4
Contributed a number of commits to optimize the extraction of archive files.
- file-format-parser (Development)https://www.npmjs.com/package/file-format-parser
A NodeJS package which provides API for reading and writing binary file formats. Uses an innovative data schema approach to make defining file formats easy and flexible.
- CVoxelEngine (Development)https://github.com/matortheeternal/CVoxelEngine
A C++ volumetric graphics engine built using SDL. Used to generate volumetric representations of fractal objects.
- Ruby Best Practices and Tips by Toptal Developers (Publication)This resource contains a collection of Ruby best practices and Ruby tips provided by our Toptal network members.
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), Electron.js, AngularJS, Electron, UI-router, Jest, Jasmine
ToolsRubyMine, Git, NPM, SourceTree, GitHub, Trello, WebStorm, Gulp.js, Eclipse IDE, Microsoft Visual Studio, Rollup, Grunt, LaTeX
PlatformsWindows, Linux, Android, Firebase
StorageJSON, MariaDB, MySQL, Redis, NeDB
OtherGitKraken, Embarcadero RAD Studio, DLL
Libraries/APIsNode.js, Sidekiq, Devise, AREL, CanCanCan, Nokogiri, React, Rollup.js
ParadigmsScrum, Unit Testing, Agile Software Development
- Coursework towards a degree in Computer Science2013 - 2015Santa Barbara City College - Santa Barbara, California
- Coursework in Physics2011 - 2013UCSB - Santa Barbara, California