Back-end Developer2019 - 2019Signs365.com
Technologies: Node.js, MySQL, Docker, REST, Express.js, Seneca.js, ECMAScript (ES6), RDBMS, PHP, Jira, Jest, Test-driven Development (TDD), Swagger, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Yup
- Developed a microservice architecture collaborating with other developers to replace a legacy application while offering a compatible API.
- Developed support for a new product: printing on hard cards. I updated the existing code to support new printing layouts and requirements as determined by the product team.
- Investigated various technologies to construct a new stack according to the engineering requirements using Seneca, Express, Docker Kubernetes, and other systems.
- Developed a fully functioning authorization library in Node.js with complete Jest test coverage.
Founder and Lead Developer2016 - 2018Mod Picker, LLC
- Built a private RESTful API back end in Ruby on Rails using MySQL as the database and Devise for authentication. Created a public-facing API to be consumed by other developers using API tokens.
- Designed a database schema with 79 tables and 149 relationships.
- Developed an AngularJS front-end single-page application from the ground up with 104 directives, 69 services, and 74 views.
- Created a JSON templating library built off of ActiveModel serialization.
- Produced 25 index pages with hundreds of filters and dozens of sorting options.
- Created a dynamic AngularJS data table display system for sorting and displaying data based on simple column configuration.
- Designed a tagging system that allows crowd-sourced tagging of content with searching, allowing users to find content that excludes or includes certain tags.
- Created a grid and list-based drag-and-drop mod list management tool, with built-in recognition and automatic resolution options for ordering and compatibility issues.
- Developed a desktop application in C# for generating analyses of video game modifications to Bethesda games, including analysis of file structure, nested archive contents, and Bethesda plugin files.
- Built a DLL with Delphi, wrapping around an existing codebase to generate reports on Bethesda plugin files.
Web Developer2016 - 2016Click-Thru Consulting
Technologies: CanCanCan, MySQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Built a platform for managing clients with Ruby on Rails.
- Worked with a client to create a MySQL database with a dozen tables.
- Devised a 3-role system for clients, client service representatives, and platform administrators with CanCanCan.
- Designed an automatic mailer so that representatives could start the process of signing a client up for a service quickly and easily.
- Developed a fully dynamic system for creating and managing services so that platform administrators could add or remove services as needed without requiring the help of a developer.
Software Development Intern2015 - 2015Invoca, LLC
Technologies: DataTables, jQuery, Backbone.js
- Contributed to Backdraft, a wrapper around Backbone.js providing jQuery DataTables integration and Plugin Framework.
- Collaborated with a Scrum team to evaluate and track user stories through development.
- Participated in a company hackathon, where my team won first place for creating a new reporting system.