CSS Developer in New York, NY, United States
UI Developer2016 - PRESENTSelf-employed
- Created mockups and wireframes of an application’s layout and user flow.
- Engineered static designs into gorgeous, dynamic web experiences built on maintainable code.
- Maintained SEO-friendly front-end code by adhering to best practices.
- Reduced page load times through standard techniques: spriting, caching, compression, etc.
- Provided the architecture, provisioning, management, and deployment of hosting environments.
- Coded complex UI logic according to business needs.
Software Manager2015 - 2016Tanooki Labs
- Ran software projects within the Scrum framework, managing product and sprint backlogs of hundreds of stories over one-week sprints.
- Mediated between founders, designers, and developers to produce informed product roadmaps and functional and technical specs.
- Assembled development teams of up to seven for iteration planning, daily stand up, weekly retrospective, and release planning meetings.
- Reprioritized work, removed blockers, and aligned talent to task to facilitate the expedient shipment of features and bug fixes.
Software Engineer2010 - 2015Ryan & Carlos
- Wrote functional specs, product roadmaps, and user stories to lead over 20 products through agile development.
- Shipped flagship features as a full-stack software engineer: wizards, form builders, and advanced search.
- Engineered one client from sketches to a front-end A/B tested against a user base of 20,000 with 2,500 active daily users.
- Achieved 100% fidelity to source designs while maintaining readable, easy-to-modify, and reusable code.
- Coded a library of HTML and CSS-based UI components that shaved hours off of development time.
- Developed a Ruby job to import and sync data from a legacy .NET vacation planning system to a new Rails production database.
Software Engineer2008 - 2010Firstborn
Technologies: Java, ASP.NET, Flash, Flex, LAMP, HTML, CSS, MySQL, MS SQL
- Leveraged C#, ASP.NET, and MS SQL to offer a candy manufacturer metrics and data visualizations to track the performance of ads.
- Employed Java, JSP, and MySQL to create a shopping cart and accompanying PDF printouts for a manufacturer of light bulbs.
- Utilized ActionScript and Flex to allow a men's products manufacturer to easily manipulate content on their microsite.
- Established production environments for an automobile manufacturer, removing their need to support this in-house.
- Patched a JVM memory leak that threatened to grind live servers to a halt during a campaign's Yahoo page takeover.
Software Engineer2007 - 2008NYU Center for Experimental Social Science
Technologies: Java, Wicket, CSS, Struts, Spring, MySQL
- Designed and built a web-based experiment participant recruitment system with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Java.
- Programmed software in Java and z-Tree for graduate student research experiments in Economics.
- Provisioned and deployed to on-site Linux servers, monitoring uptime and server room conditions.
- Designed and developed MySQL databases for storage and organization of research.
- Get up and Ride (Development)
Explore New York City like a local with the city's top-rated bike tour company.
- Central Park Conservancy (Development)http://www.centralparknyc.org/
The website for the official caretakers of Central Park.
- eDivv (Development)
An online marketplace for trading beauty products.
- Buster (Development)https://buster.com
The easiest way to book buses, vans, and limos.
- Statisfy (Development)
A tool to help freelancers automatically update their clients on their development progress via a Git integration.
- Tripwing (Development)
A multi-day tour search engine and itinerary builder for travel professionals.
- College Crowd (Development)
A college community-centered crowdsourcing platform that raised over $20,000 for its fundraisers in one week.
- Affirmify (Development)
A response management system for human resources (HR) professionals.
- Quoteboard (Development)
A social networking site for friends to share funny quotes.
- Bootstrap for Rails Front-end Developers (Other amazing things)
A post in a series that aims to help front-end developers to integrate their work into a Rails environment.
- All My Links (Other amazing things)https://linkkle.com/ryanjafari
Links to more of my work.
FrameworksZURB Foundation 2, Bootstrap 4, Bootstrap 3, Bootstrap 3+, Foundation CSS, Foundation for Emails, Bootstrap, ZURB Foundation, .NET, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
ToolsAsana, Pivotal Tracker, Sublime Text, Bitbucket, Basecamp, Zapier, Slack, Jira, Trello, Git, GitHub, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch
ParadigmsRapid Prototyping, Responsive, Responsive Web Design (RWD), Model View Controller (MVC), Agile Software Development, Minimum Viable Product, Scrum, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
PlatformsLinux, Heroku, Unix, MacOS, WordPress, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
StorageJSON, Media Queries, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL
OtherFoundation Emails, PSD to HTML, Web Services, Version Control, Version Control Systems, GitFlow, UX Flows, User Experience (UX), Startups, Entrepreneurship, Wireframing, Performance Optimization, Front-end, Lean Startups, Product Management, RESTful APIs, Performance, Digital Marketing, Team Mentoring, DNS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science2004 - 2008New York University - New York, NY, USA