- UI Developer2016 - PRESENTSelf-employed
- Created mockups and wireframes of an application’s layout and user flow.
- Engineered static designs into gorgeous, dynamic web experiences built on maintainable code.
- Maintained SEO-friendly front-end code by adhering to best practices.
- Reduced page load times through standard techniques: spriting, caching, compression, etc.
- Provided the architecture, provisioning, management, and deployment of hosting environments.
- Coded complex UI logic according to business needs.
- Software Manager2015 - 2016Tanooki Labs
- Ran software projects within the Scrum framework, managing product and sprint backlogs of hundreds of stories over one-week sprints.
- Mediated between founders, designers, and developers to produce informed product roadmaps and functional and technical specs.
- Assembled development teams of up to seven for iteration planning, daily stand up, weekly retrospective, and release planning meetings.
- Reprioritized work, removed blockers, and aligned talent to task to facilitate the expedient shipment of features and bug fixes.
- Software Engineer2010 - 2015Ryan & Carlos
- Wrote functional specs, product roadmaps, and user stories to lead over 20 products through agile development.
- Shipped flagship features as a full-stack software engineer: wizards, form builders, and advanced search.
- Engineered one client from sketches to a front-end A/B tested against a user base of 20,000 with 2,500 active daily users.
- Achieved 100% fidelity to source designs while maintaining readable, easy-to-modify, and reusable code.
- Coded a library of HTML and CSS-based UI components that shaved hours off of development time.
- Developed a Ruby job to import and sync data from a legacy .NET vacation planning system to a new Rails production database.
- Software Engineer2008 - 2010Firstborn
Technologies: Java, ASP.NET, Flash, Flex, LAMP, HTML, CSS, MySQL, MS SQL
- Leveraged C#, ASP.NET, and MS SQL to offer a candy manufacturer metrics and data visualizations to track the performance of ads.
- Employed Java, JSP, and MySQL to create a shopping cart and accompanying PDF printouts for a manufacturer of light bulbs.
- Utilized ActionScript and Flex to allow a men's products manufacturer to easily manipulate content on their microsite.
- Established production environments for an automobile manufacturer, removing their need to support this in-house.
- Patched a JVM memory leak that threatened to grind live servers to a halt during a campaign's Yahoo page takeover.
- Software Engineer2007 - 2008NYU Center for Experimental Social Science
Technologies: Java, Wicket, CSS, Struts, Spring, MySQL
- Designed and built a web-based experiment participant recruitment system with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Java.
- Programmed software in Java and z-Tree for graduate student research experiments in Economics.
- Provisioned and deployed to on-site Linux servers, monitoring uptime and server room conditions.
- Designed and developed MySQL databases for storage and organization of research.