Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Architecture Developer
Ryan is an entrepreneurial data engineer and BI engineer. During his time at Adobe, he worked on every popular back-end stack and built the data mart that 300+ engineers depended on. He also built and developed BI projects that were delivered directly to the CTO.
The most amazing...
...thing I've created was the metric used by Adobe to measure their cloud performance against SLA.
- Implemented a machine learning model for anomaly detection in vehicle repairs.
- Consulted on new visualization software for a top analytics platform.
- Achieved Splunk Architect certification and nearly achieved professional services certification.
- Architected and managed a system build out for a crypto currency intelligence platform.
- Managed the hiring of a team of ten engineers.
Data and BI Engineer
- Worked as a DBA for various types of instances (Spark, MySQL, MariaDB, SQL, and Hadoop) holding billions of rows.
- Maintained connections to many database platforms including Hadoop (Hive, Impala, Pig), Spark, Sybase IQ, MySQL, RedShift, and Microsoft SQL.
- Was intimately involved in each level of the ETL process for creating a central repository from 100+ different sources.
- Built out an ETL dependency handler/scheduler similar to Airflow internally.
- Trained senior managers, managers, and analysts on Tableau/PowerBI use to promote self-service analytics.
- Handled every level of project creation from need finding to delivery and sign off.
- Helped in creating an analytical system to measure systems availability across 70,000 servers, currently used as a key bonus KPI for all system managers.
- Built, maintained, and updated Tableau/PowerBI/QlikView dashboards for a broad variety of internal clients.
- Built statistical/ML models for detecting anomalies across several alerting data streams.
Adobe Cloud Availability
Microsoft SQL to MariaDB Migration
MariaDB to Spark Migration
I'm sharing this for one reason—I learn quickly and can implement effectively.
Tableau, Spark SQL, Splunk, Microsoft Power BI, SnapLogic, Apache Airflow
MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Redshift, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Google Cloud SQL
Analysis, Data Modeling, Data Architecture, Tableau Server, ELT
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems
Brigham Young University - Provo, UT, USA