Consultant2014 - 2018Kowalk Consulting
Technologies: Spark, MySQL, MariaDB, Tableau, Splunk
- Implemented a machine learning model for anomaly detection in vehicle repairs.
- Consulted on new visualization software for a top analytics platform.
- Achieved Splunk Architect certification and nearly achieved professional services certification.
- Architected and managed a system build out for a crypto currency intelligence platform.
- Managed the hiring of a team of ten engineers.
Data and BI Engineer2014 - 2017Adobe
Technologies: Microsoft SQL, Redshift, Spark, Python, Hadoop, MariaDB
- Worked as a DBA for various types of instances (Spark, MySQL, MariaDB, SQL, and Hadoop) holding billions of rows.
- Maintained connections to many database platforms including Hadoop (Hive, Impala, Pig), Spark, Sybase IQ, MySQL, RedShift, and Microsoft SQL.
- Was intimately involved in each level of the ETL process for creating a central repository from 100+ different sources.
- Built out an ETL dependency handler/scheduler similar to Airflow internally.
- Trained senior managers, managers, and analysts on Tableau/PowerBI use to promote self-service analytics.
- Handled every level of project creation from need finding to delivery and sign off.
- Helped in creating an analytical system to measure systems availability across 70,000 servers, currently used as a key bonus KPI for all system managers.
- Built, maintained, and updated Tableau/PowerBI/QlikView dashboards for a broad variety of internal clients.
- Built statistical/ML models for detecting anomalies across several alerting data streams.