Senior WordPress Engineer2020 - 2020Globally Recognized Sports Organization
- Developed a React-based game selection tool that allowed the content editor to search by date games schedules from a remote API and with one-click create the content in the CMS, pulling in pertinent game-related data to the CMS.
- Created dynamic linking code that would allow content editors to have players, teams, and games linked to their public-facing URLs—something that would save time when reviewing editorial content for relevant links.
- Wrote unit tests for specific components of the CMS code, such as internal CMS permalinks and remote API permalinks.
- Participated in pair programming with multiple members of the CMS team and reported and contributed to daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and project increment planning.
- Onboarded new members to the team, acclimatizing them to the code base, the protocols of the team, and ideas behind how we built the CMS WordPress theme.
- Developed a React-based tool that prevented content from being published until configurable conditions were met: primary category setting, excerpt creation, featured image set, and post title entrance.
Director of Technology2019 - 2020Gate39 Media
- Provided technical leadership and software application development.
- Managed and mentored development team promoting best practices.
- Performed code quality checks and reviewed code with developers.
- Managed client projects and requirements. Planned developers' tasks.
- Architected software solutions to solve business problems.
Lead Developer2014 - 2019Chicago Sun-Times
- Implemented paywall software, support scripts, and create basic subscriber experiences.
- Improved editorial workflow by creating a homepage and section front customizer tools.
- Site migration for Chicago Sun-Times using WP CLI and remote data acquisition through legacy WordPress based JSON API.
- Led development efforts to deliver re-skinned and improved layout and functionality of https://chicago.suntimes.com/ - this included working with 3rd party brand and marketing firm and other business stakeholders.
- Increased information transfer within newsroom by connecting WordPress and paywall software to email service and Slack channels.
WordPress Developer2010 - 2018creGROW
Technologies: WordPress Plugins, Plugins, PHP, WordPress
- Developed custom real estate WordPress plugin used by many commercial real estate firms.
- Developed Google Maps plugin to work with the real estate plugin and display property information and link to property pages.
- Created WordPress themes custom and configurable commercial real estate from design PDFs.
WordPress Developer2014 - 2014Culture 22
- Developed custom real estate solution for listings and transactions.
- Developed an internal professional services corporation team profile website.
WordPress Developer2013 - 2013Apartments.com
- Maintained advertising and corporate WordPress websites.
- Led weekly meetings with stakeholders to determine priorities and plan the workweek.
- Worked within an agile environment.
- Integrated and configured third-party analytic tools to track click and other interactive events and clicks for statistical reporting.
- Documented work projects, deployment processes, and provided feedback and reporting on projects.
WordPress Developer2011 - 2012Gate39Media
- Architected and developed multi-site WordPress conference theme for international Futures industry conference - one theme, two sites, custom service provider directory, and functionality.
- Researched and documented data backups and site recovery process.
- Provided guidance, process curation, and direction for junior developers/designers.
- Designed a landing page, and developed a microsite.
- Designed and managed a US $1,500+/month PPC Adwords campaign.
IT Director2006 - 2011RE/MAX
Technologies: Web Technologies
- Oversaw the technology management of 3 real estate offices.
- Created and supported residential real estate websites.
- Created and managed Adwords accounts.
- Designed, managed, and supported office network and telephony services, managing vendor relationships.