Verified Expert in Engineering
Sebastian has been a developer since he finished high school. He fell in love with programming once he realized how powerful it is in solving problems. Sebastian is about to finish a career in math, and his goal is to be able to combine math and programming in projects with social impact.
The most amazing...
...project I've developed and launched in just a few months was a code refactor for a huge company with 2,000 daily users.
Stealth Health Company
- Created a Django admin view for users to upload PDFs and send them by fax and Selenium tests to simulate a user going through every situation of the flow.
- Developed a scraper with Selenium to obtain information from a link and scrape through its pages; also set up the corresponding unit testing.
- Added onboarding documentation so that new developers can install and have everything running smoothly locally.
Full-stack Python and React Developer
Christenson and Recendes Company
- Developed a web app that allows users to register and upload datasets and analyze bar graphs, pie charts, and heatmaps to better understand the data and report to the admins when something is off.
- Set up automatic deploys to render after each commit so my clients have the latest version online.
- Created a ticketing system inside the app so admins can approve and communicate with new users.
Freelance Software Engineer
The Numericus Group
- Developed a mathematical model to predict future temperature values based on past information, improving previous versions by 10% on average.
- Created tests that allowed new code to be tested before deployment.
- Facilitated a report table to compare previous and actual predictions.
- Created a system that allowed 200 data entry professionals to generate sheets in Google Drive and share them.
- Maintained the code to create changes requested by users and, consequently, facilitate their work.
- Oversaw a deployment process after each change to verify that everything worked properly.
Software Engineer Intern
- Refactored a widely-used part of code from a legacy system to an updated system with 2,000 daily users.
- Created queries in advance and tracked the new code use after deployment.
- Conducted team meetings to test changes before deployment and get feedback for improvements.
- Suggested improvements to teammates regarding similar refactors.
Software Engineer Intern
- Worked on front-end improvements to make a catalog page more user-friendly for users selling products.
- Conducted team meetings to test changes before deploying them.
- Created SQL queries to test changes after deploying to a portion of users in beta testing.
- Worked with a team of developers and designers to reach our goals.
- Developed (on my own) a set of alarms that would run on Icinga continuously and send emails if something started to fail.
- Implemented alarms to test the deployment of new code, running everything on a pre-production environment.
- Created alarms based on my own ideas, catching bugs in the code before deploying it to production.
- Developed a web scraper, using Python and XPath, that looked for products that different top companies were selling.
- Took feedback from data entries and made adjustments to improve the process.
- Maintained a database for the products created to produce an entire catalog, adding more than 1,000 products per week.
Web App for Math Olympiad Problem Solvinghttps://album.oma.org.ar
Tournament Creator and Tracker
Food App for Restaurants
Django, Django REST Framework, Bootstrap, Selenium, Jest, JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
React, REST APIs, Django ORM, Google Drive API, SQLAlchemy, Pandas, Chart.js
Git, GitHub, Plotly, Visual Studio, Microsoft Teams
Testing, Unit Testing, Responsive Web Design (RWD), Agile Software Development, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Agile, Automation, API Architecture, Functional Testing, Microservices, Object-relational Mapping (ORM)
Jupyter Notebook, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, MacOS, Icinga, Windows, Docker
MySQL, JSON, Databases, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Google Cloud, SQLite, PostgreSQL
Competitive Programming, Google Drive, APIs, Front-end, Back-end, Algorithms, Front-end Development, Full-stack, Full-stack Development, Web Development, API Integration, Web Dashboards, Fetch, Data Visualization, OOP Designs, Applied Mathematics, Web Scraping, API Design, Client-server Model, Responsive Design, eCommerce, Heatmaps
Master's Degree Candidate in Mathematics and Computer Science
University of Buenos Aires - Buenos Aires, Argentina
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring