Technical Lead2019 - PRESENTCrecenTech
Technologies: PHP, Laravel
- Developed a property management CRM.
- Built an end-to-end solution.
Technical Manager/Software Architect2012 - PRESENTBayt.com
Technologies: Laravel, Dart, Yii 2, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Led the engineering team and mentoring resources.
- Helped in growing traffic to over 300 thousand unique views per month.
- Implemented SEO best practices (on-page, micro formats, authorship markups, etc.).
- Managed (SEM) and optimized cost per click for maximum mileage.
- Collaborated with the designer to implement design frameworks like Bootstrap 3.0.
- Used testing tools, e.g., RSpec and Selenium.
- Made the website fully responsive for different devices using, e.g., HTML5 or Bootstrap.
- Provided different kinds of statistics to improve the product.
- Cleansed data using Pandas.
- Used different clustering techniques, e.g., hierarchical clustering, k-means, or string based distance, using SciPy.
- Used different kind of graphs for the visualization of data.
- Developed a moderation panel for CSR to manually clean key words.
- Integrated our internal CRM API for getting sales data.
- Integrated Netsuite API.
- Consolidated CRM and Netsuite data for Ambition.com.
- Integrated Dropbox API.
- Implemented a chat feature using Socket.IO.
- Developed an algorithm to suggest inspiring profiles smartly.
- Worked on group chat and 1-1 chat features as well as audio/video calling, embedded chat, and booth setup manager.
Freelance Contractor2012 - 2016MyPizza.com
Technologies: Sphinx Search Engine, ActiveAdmin, Twilio, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Worked as a core developer.
- Redesigned the complete structure of the product including database, schema, etc.
- Implemented Sphinx as a search engine.
- Implemented fake data generation for product setup.
- Migrated a custom back-end admin to Active Admin.
Senior Software Engineer2011 - 2016Perthstreetbikes.com
Technologies: PHP, vBulletin
- Implemented a plugin for VBulletin to cache the images that reduce the overall cost for cloud hits.
- Redesigned the structure of local assets.
Front-end Developer2013 - 2015Startfour.com
Technologies: HTML5, Backbone.js, Bootstrap, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Sliced the PSD to responsive HTML5.
- Used Bootstrap as a design framework.
- Developed back-end features in Ruby on Rails.
- Used the Backbone.js framework.
Engineering Mentor, Senior Software Engineer2011 - 2012Simobo.com
Technologies: Open Source, Java, Openfire, XMPP, Monit, MySQL, Starling, Kannel, Database Replication, Asterisk, Memcached, Sphinx Search Engine, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Led a Simobo engineering team and mentored junior developers.
- Managed various groups of four or more people, including support persons.
- Worked on a Global IM Connect service (connects users to various instant messengers through their mobile via SMS).
- Worked on a SMS chat service (group chat).
- Worked on a Facebook application and implemented a Facebook chat feature.
- Worked on an email SMS inbox service allowing users to check their emails through SMS.
- Optimized server load to improve overall performance and utilization of resources.
- Optimized a Sphinx search engine to increase performance of searching on an admin portal.
- Optimized back-end daemons for reducing server workload.
Senior Software Engineer2008 - 2012Confiz Limited
Technologies: MySQL, Message Queues, Starling, Sphinx Search Engine, LDAP, Memcached, PHP, vBulletin, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Worked as a core developer for Pak eVentures.
- Migrated PakWheels.com from classic ASP to Ruby on Rails.
- Migrated existing data from MS SQL to MySQL.
- Redesigned the complete structure of the product including database schema and more.
- Implemented Sphinx for used car/bike refined searches.
- Implemented daemons for enhancing server performance.
- Integrated caching including Memcached, fragment caching, and more for improved user experience.
- Integrated VBulletin forums for a better community experience. Worked on development of plugins and themes.
- Implemented LDAP for SSO.
- Integrated Monit, Munin, and NewRelic for server performance monitoring.
Software Engineer2010 - 2011Confiz Limited
Technologies: Oracle, ASP.NET MVC 3, C#
- Optimized database schema and slow queries.
- Implemented a reports feature.
- Implemented the complete flow for registration of golden numbers.
- Worked on a reports scheduler.
- Worked as a supporting developer for this project to minimize the development timeframe.
Contractor, Freelancer2010 - 2010Envolve.com
Technologies: PHP, vBulletin
- Developed a chat plugin for VBulletin.