- Front-end Developer2013 - PRESENTStartfour.com
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Bootstrap, BackboneJS, HTML5
- Worked as a front-end developer.
- Sliced the PSD to responsive HTML5.
- Used Bootstrap as a design framework.
- Developed back-end features in Ruby on Rails.
- Used the BackboneJS framework.
- Contractor, Freelancer2012 - PRESENTMyPizza.com
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Twilio, Active Admin, Sphinx
- Worked as core developer.
- Re-designed the complete structure of the product including database, schema, etc.
- Implemented Sphinx as a search engine.
- Implemented fake data generation for product setup.
- Migrated a custom back-end admin to Active Admin.
- Senior Software Engineer2011 - PRESENTPerthstreetbikes.com
Technologies: vBulletin, PHP
- Implemented a plugin for vBulletin to cache the images that reduce the overall cost for cloud hits.
- Re-designed the structure of local assets.
- Engineering Mentor, Senior Software Engineer2011 - 2012Simobo.com
Technologies: Ruby on Rails 2.x – 3.x, Daemons, Sphinx, Memcache, Asterisk server, Tungsten, Master / Slave Replication, Kannel, Starling MQ, MySQL, Monit, XMPP Protocol, Openfire XMPP Server, open source projects developed in Java
- Led a Simobo engineering team and mentored junior developers.
- Managed various groups of four or more people, including support persons.
- Worked on a Global IM Connect Service (connects users to various Instant Messengers through their mobile via SMS).
- Worked on a SMS Chat Service (Group Chat).
- Worked on a Facebook application and implemented a Facebook Chat feature.
- Worked on an email SMS inbox service allowing users to check their emails through SMS.
- Optimized server load to improve overall performance and utilization of resources.
- Optimized a Sphinx search engine to increase performance of searching on an admin portal.
- Optimized back-end daemons for reducing workload of the server.
- Senior Software Engineer2008 - 2012Confiz Limited
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, vBulletin, PHP, Memcache, LDAP, daemons, Sphinx, Starling, message queues, MySQL
- Worked asa core developer for Pak eVentures.
- Migrated PakWheels.com from classic ASP to Ruby on Rails.
- Migrated existing data from MS SQL to MySQL.
- Re-designed the complete structure of the product including database schema and more.
- Implemented Sphinx for used car/bike refined searches.
- Implemented daemons for enhancing server performance.
- Integrated caching including Memcache, fragment caching, and more, for improved user experience.
- Integrated vBulletin forums for better community experience. Worked on development of plugins and themes.
- Implemented LDAP for SSO.
- Integrated Monit, Munin, and NewRelic for server performance monitoring.
- Software Engineer2010 - 2011Confiz Limited
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET 3.5, Oracle
- Optimized database schema and slow queries.
- Implemented a reports feature.
- Implemented the complete flow for registration of golden numbers.
- Worked on a reports scheduler.
- Worked as a supporting developer for this project to minimize the development timeframe.
- Contractor, Freelancer2010 - 2010Envolve.com
Technologies: vBulletin, PHP
- Developed a chat plugin for vBulletin 4.x and 5.x.