- Founder | Design Lead | Technical LeadTinacious Design2009 - PRESENT
- Developed responsive web design and mobile website including fully fluid and responsive websites for all screen and device sizes.
- Custom designed and worked on the front-end development of Content Management System/Framework-powered websites using open-source technologies including WordPress, ProcessWire, and Drupal.
- Developed and consumed REST APIs.
- Converted PSD to pixel-perfect HTML.
- Added accessibility for WCAG AA-AAA, and AODA.
- Solved problems and recommended the best tools to get the job done well and quickly.
- Software DeveloperBitstrips2014 - 2016
- Created native Android applications which included unit testing with JUnit, Robolectric, and Espresso.
- Worked with native iOS development working with Objective-C and Swift; including keyboard extension. Developed an Apple Watch app on a hack day. Performed unit testing with Kiwi.
- Overhauled/improved and led the development of CSS in our front-end applications.
- Overhauled the Bitstrips mobile app comic editor to switch from Flash to HTML5 Canvas to help alleviate tech debt.
- Worked with a variety of build tools and package managers. For the mobile web: NPM, Grunt, Gulp, Bower, Webpack, Browsersync, CSS pre-processors, Babel, Browserify, Gradle (Android), iOS (CocoaPods, Carthage) and so on.
- Worked on Hack Day projects which included coding in Meteor and Ruby/Sinatra; and also working with the Google Maps API and image processing.
- CEO | Technical LeadTeam Atomic, Inc.2013 - 2014
- Co-founded a company with my business partner at the time as the technical lead and CEO.
- Solved client problems as efficiently as possible.
- Developed the business; performed client acquisition and administration.
- Front-end DeveloperTangerine Bank of Canada2013 - 2014
- Implemented responsive web design using Bootstrap and custom CSS.
- Developed a custom plugin using jQuery and jQuery UI.
- Supported the front-end team with front-end frameworks, build tools, problem solving, troubleshooting, and version control with Git.
- Front-end DeveloperSheridan College2012 - 2013
- Managed the front-end development for the Sheridan College redesign 2013 project. This included the development of a custom CSS framework by extending a basic semantic grid system, adding an object-oriented approach to CSS for decoupling style declarations from semantic markup, a custom jQuery scripting, developing a custom Accessibility widget including High-Contrast and on-page text re-sizing controls. All this and also implementing the challenging design vision provided by a third-party agency for desktop and mobile.
- Developed a custom WordPress theme design including CMS development.
- Created and developed a custom HTML email newsletter generator that queries the right posts based on post authoring requirements. For use with email campaign software for the Sheridan Insider, a custom-developed WordPress solution.
- Developed a custom micro site front-end using cutting-edge practices with CSS pre-processing and jQuery including advanced and efficient implementation of responsive web design.
- Implemented corporate training for end-users on the SiteCore content management system including training workshops, technical support via email and phone, and technical support document authoring.
- Configured and authored the content of a Wiki setup in an effort to standardize web development practices at Sheridan. The wiki acts as a hub of information and a guide for best practices for Sheridan’s scalable web development.
- Created a template for rapid development of pages to be implemented into an existing site theme.
- Web Designer | Web DeveloperFunding Matters2011 - 2013
Technologies: HTML, CSS, jQuery, WordPress
- Developed the Funding Matters Inc.'s website and sister company websites.
- Designed, developed, and enhanced the websites for Funding Matters’ clients.
- Created the custom Content Management System design and development in WordPress and ProcessWire.
- Designed and developed accessible websites as per the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) for government-funded websites.