Verified Expert in Engineering
Tobias is a UX software developer focusing on user-friendly front-end projects. His favorite UI framework is React, and is also highly experienced with Angular and Vue.js. Tobias loves developing back-end services in Node.js, using Express and Prisma.io. He has built production software for clients in various industries, including pharmaceutical, medical, marketing, manufacturing, and energy. He enjoys leading junior developers and keeping projects on track with frequent communication.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Git, GitLab, React, Redux, Next.js, SCSS, Node.js, Prisma
The most amazing...
...project I created was a webshop for distributing medical devices for B2C and B2B with a multi-level partner system.
Ice Bear Labs
- Developed a SaaS product for authors and journalists.
- Orchestrated a good user experience and a fast front-end and back-end environment by integrating various external tools.
- Assisted with marketing, startup culture, pitching for investors, social media management, and automated CI processes.
Senior UX Software Engineer
- Developed an ERP cloud solution for a German ERP solutions expert.
- Built a prototype of an online learning platform for students and teachers.
- Created and maintained an AWS ApiGateway, Lambda, and Cognito stack, landing page, customer portal, and CMS customization for an electricity provider.
- Developed a machine control dashboard for a health care manufacturer.
- Built a machine analysis platform for an industry manufacturer.
- Created a cryptocurrency-connected energy consumption monitor for a German car company.
- Developed doctor's office software to support care after hospital visits.
- Communicated throughout all projects with UX designers, project management and product owners (internally and customers) to get the application done.
- Created a webshop for distributing medical devices for B2C and B2B with the integration of a multi-level partner system.
- Designed and developed a web application for the visualization of sales data for a German supermarket chain.
- Designed and developed a web application to visualize single market performance compared to others for a German supermarket chain.
- Built an order management application for an energy supply distributor.
- Designed and developed a dashboard web application for visualizing detailed user data for an American startup.
Junior Software Engineer
ZWF Digitale Informationstechnologie GmbH
- Developed a mid-scale customs software to manage the registering of shipments with the German customs office and all subprocesses involved.
- Created the Infor ERP Solutions Infor ERP LN, Baan 4, and Baan 5. Most of the work pertained to the Infor Sales & Distribution module.
- Developed a custom module for German customs in Infor Baan and Infor LN and then refactored this to a new application in Java.
Draftical - A SaaS Product for Authorshttps://www.draftical.com/
Draftical is a React front-end, Node.js (Express) back-end web app providing scene-based story drafting for authors. The app is Dockerized and hosted with the use of Docker Compose. It also includes a connected Stripe account to process users' payments and subscriptions.
ERP Cloud Solution for a German ERP Solutions Expert
I also communicate frequently with the client's management team to discuss meeting deadlines and how the project was moving forward.
The front end was a complex React app, using Redux and Redux-Saga for state management and communicating with the back end. The client had developed a complex metadata structure on the back end to tell the front end what it should show on render. We fetched the data efficiently and displayed all the business insights as wished.
Landing Page and Customer Portal for a German Energy Provider
I was the technical lead, communicating with our agencies' designers and client product owner to develop the app. I architected the front-end stack and set up and developed a complex AWS stack using Cognito, API Gateway, DynamoDB, and Lambda functions to talk to a third-party system providing the energy tariff and order process data and endpoints.
Visualization of Sales Data for a German Supermarket Chain
The app was completed in React, using Leaflet.js to render a map of the client's sales regions. Using a communicated color system, I showed how markets performed and where optimization would make sense for the customer.
Redux, Express.js, Next.js, JSF, AngularJS, Hibernate, Angular
React, Node.js, Vue, D3.js, DC.js, Highcharts, Redux-Saga, Leaflet
User Experience (UX), Architecture, Communication, Process Management, Fetch API, Computer Science, IT Project Management, Data Visualization, Discrete Mathematics, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), BaaN, Infor LN, Responsive UI, Training
Git, GitLab, Prisma, Babel, Webpack, Docker Compose, GitLab CI/CD, Sequelize, Amazon Cognito
Database Development, Agile, UX Design, UI Design, Database Design, REST, Modular CSS
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Oracle, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda
PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM Informix, MongoDB, MariaDB
Master's Degree in Applied Computer Science
Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft des Saarlandes (HTW) - Saarbrücken, Germany
Bachelor's Degree in Business Computer Science
ASW Berufsakademie Saar - Saarland, Germany
Instructor's License for IT Apprentice Training
Base Certificate in Project Management
GPM Deutsche Gesellschaft für Projektmanagement
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring