Software Developer/Technical Lead
Freelance Software Developer
2011 - PRESENT
- Developed and delivered dozens of apps to the iOS and Android stores, including games and personal banking, video streaming/sharing, healthcare, election registration, and messaging apps as well as a variety of other kinds of apps.
Technologies: Objective-C, Swift, C, C++, iOS, Mac OS, Android, UIKit, Core Graphics, Core Data, Core Animation, Networking, Game Center, iAd, Cocos2D, Box2D, Stackmob, Flurry, Ad SDKs
Founder and CEO
Digital Prunes, Inc.
2009 - PRESENT
- Developed and produced nine original games for iOS devices, including the #1 Free Game on the App Store, Slingshot Cowboy.
- Put together and managed a distributed off-shore team of developers.
- Extensively used analytics, such as Flurry, to collect and analyze user behavior data.
- Managed the entire process from concept through project planning, graphic design, marketing, and launch, and finally post-launch ongoing development and marketing.
Technologies: Objective-C, Java, PHP
CTO on Contract, Co-Founder
2010 - 2015
- Put together an offshore development team to create a Smart TV App and a distributed cloud system to crawl, index, and deliver premium video content from various web sites to a Smart TV.
- Made the app available on the LG Smart TV Appstore.
- Developed REST API for third-party integration that provides metadata about video clips in JSON format.
Co-founder and CTO
Monsoon Multimedia, Inc.
2004 - 2009
- Conceived, designed, architected, and managed the development and market delivery of an innovative video streaming consumer device and client viewing applications for Windows PC, the Microsoft Media Center machine, and mobile phones.
- Put together and managed distributed engineering teams working from the US, Russia, and India.
Technologies: C, C++, C#, Embedded Linux, DSP, video compression and streaming, mobile, Windows, Mac
VP Software Engineering
Emuzed, Inc. (sold to Flextronix)
2001 - 2004
- Architected, managed development, and delivered to the market multiple video capture products on the Emuzed product line. Products were shipped by major PC and retail OEMs such as HP, Dell, Gateway, Samsung, Pinnacle, and others.
- Initiated, forged, and championed a relationship with Microsoft. These efforts helped Emuzed be selected by Microsoft as its preferred hardware supplier of TV tuner devices for Windows XP Media Center Edition (MCE) systems.
- Put together and managed a 20+ person team of software engineers, QA engineers, and contractors distributed between the US and India.
Technologies: C, C++, Windows, Microsoft Media Center
Principal SW Architect/Director of SW Engineering
Dazzle Multimedia (sold to Pinnacle Systems)
1997 - 2001
- Worked as one of the first employees of Dazzle.
- Built and managed the Software and QA team (>10 people).
- Architected, developed, and managed the development of all Dazzle software products, including everything from drivers to applications.
Technologies: C, C++, Windows, embedded firmware
Senior Software Engineer
1996 - 1997
- Developed a set of Direct Show filters and ActiveX components that plug into the DVD playback graph and overlay graphic elements over video frames in real-time.
Technologies: C++, Direct Show (Microsoft multimedia framework for Windows)
C-Cube Microsystems (sold to LSI Logic)
1996 - 1996
- Developed drivers for hardware assisted video and DVD playback on the PC.
Technologies: C, C++, MCI framework
Senior Software Engineer/Director of Software
Ring Zero Systems
1993 - 1996
- Created HW Decoder boards as well as drivers for video capture.
- Built serial port virtualization drivers for Windows 95.
Technologies: C,C++, VxD drivers
Linus Pauling Institute
1993 - 1993
- Developed a software toolkit for DNA sequence matching and analysis.
Technologies: C, C++, Sparc Stations
1989 - 1993
- Created a task switching resident program providing a pseudo-multitasking environment in MS-DOS.
Technologies: C, C++, MASM Assembler
Computer Systems Institute
1986 - 1989
- Wrote an assembly-level implementation of proprietary networking protocols for IBM PC.
Technologies: MASM Assembly, C