Verified Expert in Engineering
Vadim is a seasoned freelance software developer, architect, technical manager, and entrepreneur with over 25 years of professional experience. He has built many complex world-class software products from start to finish, spanning numerous platforms. He has worked both individually and as a group leader.
HTML, Linux, iOS
The most amazing...
...app I've built was my first iOS game, Slingshot Cowboy, which reached the #1 spot on the App Store and was downloaded over 15 million times.
Software Developer | Technical Lead
Freelance Software Developer
- Developed and delivered dozens of apps to the iOS and Android stores, including games and personal banking, video streaming/sharing, healthcare, election registration, and messaging apps as well as a variety of other kinds of apps.
Founder | CEO
Digital Prunes, Inc.
- Developed and produced nine original games for iOS devices, including the #1 free game in the App Store, Slingshot Cowboy.
- Put together and managed a distributed off-shore team of developers.
- Extensively used analytics, such as Flurry, to collect and analyze user behavior data.
- Managed the entire process from concept through project planning, graphic design, marketing, and launch, and finally post-launch ongoing development and marketing.
CTO on Contract | Co-founder
- Put together an offshore development team to create a smart TV app and a distributed cloud system to crawl, index, and deliver premium video content from various websites to a smart TV.
- Made the app available on the LG Smart TV App Store.
- Developed the REST API for third-party integration that provides metadata about video clips in the JSON format.
Co-founder | CTO
Monsoon Multimedia, Inc.
- Conceived, designed, architected, and managed the development and market delivery of an innovative video streaming consumer device and client viewing applications for Windows PC, the Microsoft Media Center machine, and mobile phones.
- Put together and managed distributed engineering teams working from the US, Russia, and India.
VP of Software Engineering
Emuzed, Inc. (sold to Flextronix)
- Architected, managed, developed, and delivered to the market multiple video capture products on the Emuzed product line. Products were shipped by major PC and retail OEMs such as HP, Dell, Gateway, Samsung, Pinnacle, and others.
- Initiated, forged, and championed a relationship with Microsoft. These efforts helped Emuzed be selected by Microsoft as its preferred hardware supplier of TV tuner devices for Windows XP Media Center Edition (MCE) systems.
- Put together and managed a 20+ person team of software engineers, QA engineers, and contractors distributed between the US and India.
Principal Software Architect | Director of Software Engineering
Dazzle Multimedia (sold to Pinnacle Systems)
- Worked as one of the first employees of Dazzle.
- Built and managed the software and QA team (more than ten people).
- Architected, developed, and managed the development of all Dazzle software products, including everything from drivers to applications.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed a set of DirectShow filters and ActiveX components that plug into the DVD playback graph and overlay graphic elements over video frames in real-time.
C-Cube Microsystems (sold to LSI Logic)
- Developed drivers for hardware assisted video and DVD playback on the PC.
Senior Software Engineer | Director of Software
Ring Zero Systems
- Created hardware decoder boards as well as drivers for video capturing.
- Built serial port virtualization drivers for Windows 95.
Linus Pauling Institute
- Developed a software toolkit for DNA sequence matching and analysis.
- Created a task switching resident program providing a pseudo-multitasking environment in MS-DOS.
Computer Systems Institute
- Wrote an assembly-level implementation of proprietary networking protocols for IBM PC.
Virtual Web Cam for Mac
Medical Device Control App
Interact with Computer Screen via Hand Gestures
Virtual Reality App for Interior Design
Unwrapping Video from 180 and 360 Cameras
Primer - Virtual Wall Painting App
PollPad - Voter Registration System for Polling Places
Kasper - Event Management and Messaging App for University Campuses
US 6,297,800: Performing color adjustments on image data.
US 8,218,941: Method and system to transfer video from a video source to optical media.
US 8,220,027: Method and system to convert conventional storage to an audio/video server.
US 7,934,239 & 8,464,298: Method and system to daisy-chain access to video resources.
US 8,386,316: Method and system to grant remote access to video resources
US 8,376,853: Hand held self-orientating targeting game.
Video and Photo Effects Apphttps://apps.apple.com/us/app/tezza/id1393061654
AFNetworking, UIKit, Cocos2d, iOS SceneKit, ARKit, Box2D, Core Data, Metal, RealmSwift, React Native, Flutter
Firebase iOS SDK, Core Animation, RxSwift, Facebook API, Core Graphics, Game Center, Flurry, Windows Media Player SDK, Core Image, React Native for Web
Functional Reactive Programming, Mobile Development, Distributed Computing, Parallel Computing, Reactive Programming
iOS, Android, MacOS, iAd, Embedded Linux, Mobile, Windows, Linux
Video Streaming, Video Compression, Video Editing, Augmented Reality (AR), Video Games, Mobile App Development, Game Development, Software Architecture, Mobile Apps, Senior Android, Crypto, Image Processing, Computer Vision, Networking, DSP, Firmware, Multimedia, AVFoundation, Async/Await
Adobe Photoshop, Facebook Ads SDK
M.S.C.S. Degree in Computer Science
Novosibirsk University of Electrical Engineering - Novosibirsk, Russia