Software Developer | Technical Lead2011 - PRESENTFreelance Software Developer
Technologies: Facebook Ads SDK, Flurry, Box2D, Cocos2d, iAd, Game Center, Networking, Core Animation, Core Data, Core Graphics, UIKit, Android, MacOS, iOS, C++, C, Swift, Objective-C
- Developed and delivered dozens of apps to the iOS and Android stores, including games and personal banking, video streaming/sharing, healthcare, election registration, and messaging apps as well as a variety of other kinds of apps.
Founder | CEO2009 - PRESENTDigital Prunes, Inc.
Technologies: PHP, Java, Objective-C
- Developed and produced nine original games for iOS devices, including the #1 free game in the App Store, Slingshot Cowboy.
- Put together and managed a distributed off-shore team of developers.
- Extensively used analytics, such as Flurry, to collect and analyze user behavior data.
- Managed the entire process from concept through project planning, graphic design, marketing, and launch, and finally post-launch ongoing development and marketing.
CTO on Contract | Co-founder2010 - 2015Fredio, Inc.
- Put together an offshore development team to create a smart TV app and a distributed cloud system to crawl, index, and deliver premium video content from various websites to a smart TV.
- Made the app available on the LG Smart TV App Store.
- Developed the REST API for third-party integration that provides metadata about video clips in the JSON format.
Co-founder | CTO2004 - 2009Monsoon Multimedia, Inc.
Technologies: MacOS, Windows, Mobile, Video Streaming, Video Compression, DSP, Embedded Linux, C#, C++, C
- Conceived, designed, architected, and managed the development and market delivery of an innovative video streaming consumer device and client viewing applications for Windows PC, the Microsoft Media Center machine, and mobile phones.
- Put together and managed distributed engineering teams working from the US, Russia, and India.
VP of Software Engineering2001 - 2004Emuzed, Inc. (sold to Flextronix)
Technologies: Windows Media Player SDK, Windows, C++, C
- Architected, managed, developed, and delivered to the market multiple video capture products on the Emuzed product line. Products were shipped by major PC and retail OEMs such as HP, Dell, Gateway, Samsung, Pinnacle, and others.
- Initiated, forged, and championed a relationship with Microsoft. These efforts helped Emuzed be selected by Microsoft as its preferred hardware supplier of TV tuner devices for Windows XP Media Center Edition (MCE) systems.
- Put together and managed a 20+ person team of software engineers, QA engineers, and contractors distributed between the US and India.
Principal Software Architect | Director of Software Engineering1997 - 2001Dazzle Multimedia (sold to Pinnacle Systems)
Technologies: Firmware, Windows, C++, C
- Worked as one of the first employees of Dazzle.
- Built and managed the software and QA team (more than ten people).
- Architected, developed, and managed the development of all Dazzle software products, including everything from drivers to applications.
Senior Software Engineer1996 - 1997MediaShower, Inc.
Technologies: Multimedia, C++
- Developed a set of DirectShow filters and ActiveX components that plug into the DVD playback graph and overlay graphic elements over video frames in real-time.
Staff Engineer1996 - 1996C-Cube Microsystems (sold to LSI Logic)
Technologies: C++, C
- Developed drivers for hardware assisted video and DVD playback on the PC.
Senior Software Engineer | Director of Software1993 - 1996Ring Zero Systems
Technologies: C++, C
- Created hardware decoder boards as well as drivers for video capturing.
- Built serial port virtualization drivers for Windows 95.
Software Engineer1993 - 1993Linus Pauling Institute
Technologies: C++, C
- Developed a software toolkit for DNA sequence matching and analysis.
Software Engineer1989 - 1993Server, Ltd.
Technologies: Microsoft Assembly x86 (MASM), C++, C
- Created a task switching resident program providing a pseudo-multitasking environment in MS-DOS.
Software Engineer1986 - 1989Computer Systems Institute
Technologies: C, Microsoft Assembly x86 (MASM)
- Wrote an assembly-level implementation of proprietary networking protocols for IBM PC.