- FreelancerMultiple clients2011 - PRESENT
Technologies: Objective-C, Java, C, C++, iOS, Mac OS, Android, UIKit, Core Graphics, Core Data, Core Animation, Networking, Game Center, iAd, Cocos2D, Box2D, Stackmob, Flurry, Ad SDKs
- Created apps for iOS and Android.
- Completed development projects including a multi-player card game for iOS, an iOS and Android social app for viewing and sharing funny pictures that is integrated with Facebook, an iPad/iPhone app for D-Link that connects to their web cams and streams live video over the internet to an iOS device, a Mac OS video recording app, and more.
- Founder and CEODigital Prunes, Inc.2009 - PRESENT
Technologies: Objective-C, Java, PHP
- Developed and produced 9 original games for iOS devices, including the #1 Free Game on the App Store, Slingshot Cowboy.
- Put together and managed a distributed off-shore team of developers.
- Extensively used analytics, such as Flurry, to collect and analyze user behavior data.
- Managed the entire process from concept through project planning, graphics design, marketing and launch, and finally post-launch ongoing development and marketing.
- iOS DeveloperWaypoint (via Toptal)2016 - 2016
- Helped get an MVP out the door.
- Implemented design and workflow changes.
- CTO on contract, Co-FounderFredio, Inc.2010 - 2015
- Put together an offshore development team to create a Smart TV App and a distributed cloud system to crawl, index, and deliver premium video content from various web sites to a Smart TV.
- Made the app available on the LG Smart TV Appstore.
- Developed REST API for 3rd party integration that provides metadata about video clips in JSON format.
- Co-founder and CTOMonsoon Multimedia, Inc.2004 - 2009
Technologies: C, C++, C#, Embedded Linux, DSP, video compression and streaming, mobile, Windows, Mac
- Conceived, designed, architected, and managed the development and market delivery of an innovative video streaming consumer device and client viewing applications for Windows PC, the Microsoft Media Center machine, and mobile phones.
- Put together and managed distributed engineering teams working from the US, Russia, and India.
- VP Software EngineeringEmuzed, Inc. (sold to Flextronix)2001 - 2004
Technologies: C, C++, Windows, Microsoft Media Center
- Architected, managed development, and delivered to the market multiple video capture products on the Emuzed product line. Products were shipped by major PC and retail OEMs such as HP, Dell, Gateway, Samsung, Pinnacle, and others.
- Initiated, forged, and championed a relationship with Microsoft. These efforts helped Emuzed be selected by Microsoft as its preferred hardware supplier of TV Tuner devices for Windows XP Media Center Edition (MCE) systems.
- Put together and managed a 20+ person team of software engineers, QA engineers, and contractors distributed between the US and India.
- Principal SW Architect/Director of SW EngineeringDazzle Multimedia (sold to Pinnacle Systems)1997 - 2001
Technologies: C, C++, Windows, embedded firmware
- Worked as one of the first employees of Dazzle.
- Built and managed the Software and QA team (> 10 people).
- Architected, developed, and managed the development of all Dazzle software products, including everything from drivers to applications.
- Sr. Software EngineerMediaShower Inc.1996 - 1997
Technologies: C++, Direct Show (Microsoft multimedia framework for Windows)
- Developed a set of Direct Show filters and ActiveX components that plug into the DVD playback graph and overlay graphic elements over video frames in real-time.
- Staff EngineerC-Cube Microsystems (sold to LSI Logic)1996 - 1996
Technologies: C, C++, MCI framework
- Developed drivers for hardware assisted video and DVD playback on the PC.
- Sr. Software Engineer/Director of SoftwareRing Zero Systems1993 - 1996
Technologies: C,C++, VxD drivers
- Created HW Decoder boards as well as drivers for video capture.
- Built serial port virtualization drivers for Windows 95.
- Software EngineerLinus Pauling Institute1993 - 1993
Technologies: C, C++, Sparc Stations
- Developed a software toolkit for DNA sequence matching and analysis.
- Software EngineerServer Ltd.1989 - 1993
Technologies: C, C++, MASM Assembler
- Created a task switching resident program providing a pseudo-multitasking environment in MS-DOS.
- Software EngineerComputer Systems Institute1986 - 1989
Technologies: MASM Assembly, C
- Wrote an assembly-level implementation of proprietary networking protocols for IBM PC.