Vijay Shankar Jha
Verified Expert in Engineering
Cloud Architect and Developer
Vijay is a certified DevSecOps professional and an AWS and Google-certified cloud professional specializing in Java with microservices. He worked on Atlassian and Azure scrum boards, configured processes and team communications, and designed, set up, and implemented source control in GitHub and Bitbucket enterprise repos. He implemented GitFlow, designed and implemented build and release pipelines, and developed and implemented security and compliance plans and an instrumentation strategy.
Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure Cloud Services, DevSecOps
The most amazing...
...thing I've built: a PaaS and SaaS platform for data collection, ingestion, storage, processing, analysis, visualization, and security using Azure and AWS cloud.
Associate Distinguished Engineer
Second Largest Mobile Manufacturing Company
- Provided solutions and worked on sprint for feature and enhancement, impact analysis for change, and SAP Hybris Commerce Accelerator product implementation and improvement. Worked on Azure build and release pipelines, publishing from Visual Studio and using Slack.
- Worked with the team on multiple modules and 50+ payment gateways and performed code review, release management, and CI/CD pipelines for performance, user acceptance testing (UAT), and production environments.
- Delivered solutions on AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud for DevSecOps. Worked on an agile scrum team distributed across many geography and time zones. Participated in sprint planning, daily scrum, three amigos sessions, sprint reviews, and retrospective meetings.
- Suggested and implemented architectural changes for development, testing, and production environments for availability, scalability, and fault tolerance. Worked on Atlassian and Azure scrum board and configured processes and team communications.
- Recommended and implemented features for improvement and innovation. Worked on Azure boards for creating user stories, work item process, adding tasks to user stories, sprint, users, dashboard, queries, permission, delivery plan, and Microsoft Teams integration.
- Provided support in monitoring the production and UAT environments. Worked on staging un-staging files in a Git repo, worked on repo branch, tag, merging, resolving conflicts, pull, push, local and remote repo, branch policy, security, cherry pick.
- Worked on DevSecOps with Docker, Kubernetes on GKE, DevSecOps infrastructure (IaaC) provisioning with Terraform on AWS, DevSecOps on Azure using AKS, Docker, Azure DevOps, and Terraform, and DevSecOps on AWS using EKS, Docker, Azure DevOps, and Terraform.
- Enabled continuous integration with Jenkins and DevSecOps configuration management with Ansible and used Amazon GuardDuty and AWS Config with Amazon CloudWatch and AWS CloudTrail to detect and respond to security incidents.
- Implemented source control in GitHub and Bitbucket enterprise repositories. Worked on build and publish process, triggering pipelines on commit, self-hosted/hosted agent, unit test, code coverage, SonarCloud, CredSweeper, Jenkins, and GitHub Actions.
- Implemented build and release pipelines, developed and implemented a security and compliance plan, and implemented an instrumentation strategy. Worked on the multistage release pipeline, approvals and gates policies, Azure Monitor Alerts, and deployment group setups.
- Set up IIS on an additional server for high availability with Kemp load balancer. Set up deployment and shared configuration using web deployment. Worked on MSMQ setup and queue configuration on load-balanced IIS server. Worked on remote MSMQ implementation.
- Worked on Oracle EBS Connection, timed out issue identification with IIS, and fixed it. Worked on identifying IIS high RAM utilization and fixing related to app pool size high in number.
- Enabled DevOps to set up IIS load balancer on other environments like UAT and PROD. DevOps pipeline was not disturbed or changed, as the web deploy tool will be used to deploy on an additional server of load balancer setup on the IIS server.
- Identified and fixed connection pool issues due to the implicit disposal of connections. The existing pipeline will continue deploying on QA, UAT, and PROD servers. Web deployment will deploy the export/import feature on other servers in the shared configuration.
Senior Product Architect
- Handled API gateway and service mesh implementation, including microservices architecture gap and maturity level assessment and implementation.
- Implemented a pilot light disaster recovery site using a UAT environment, parallel run for business-as-usual and business-continuity-planning for cloud migration.
- Worked on Apache Ignite IMDB on Azure Kubernetes Service 6. Implemented Checkmarx in DevSecOps within Jenkins CI/CD pipeline jobs and enabled test automation in CI/CD pipelines using Junit and Mockito.
- Provided a smart door and SaaS-based IoT solution using a smart door lock and doorbell with Alexa, Google Home, and Samsung SmartThings.
- Contributed to a serverless architecture for a panel management system and other applications, which required event or batch processing using Azure cloud services such as Azure Functions, Event Grid/Queue, Table, Blob, and Batch pools and jobs.
- Received a Shining Star of Innovation Award in December 2019 from a multinational corporation client.
- Worked on DevSecOps with Docker, Kubernetes on GKE, DevSecOps Infrastructure (IaaC) provisioning with Terraform on AWS, DevSecOps on Azure using AKS, Docker, Azure DevOps, and Terraform, and DevSecOps on AWS using EKS, Docker, Azure DevOps, and Terraform.
- Worked on continuous integration with Jenkins, DevSecOps configuration management with Ansible, and used serverless architecture which scaled on demand using services such as Aurora Serverless RDS, Serverless DynamoDB, and AWS API Gateway.
- Worked on API based on AWS Lambda, ElastiCache Global Store, S3 Global Object Storage, SQS, CloudFront, Application Load Balancer, Cognito for managing millions of users, and Lambda versioning to minimize downtime with rolling deployment.
- Handled API data protection using API gateway over TLS 1.2, user account protection through AWS Cognito, communication over TLS 1.2, user activity logging through AWS CloudTrail, Access S3, SQS, and DynamoDB on AWS VPC Endpoint.
Enterprise Solution Architect
- Contributed to a flight and hotel booking product for AirArabia airlines using Java/Jakarta EE, Enterprise Java Beans, JavaServer Pages, HTML/HTML5, Angular, Oracle, REST/SOAP, and WebLogic Server.
- Worked on a hotel portal for a Chinese client (CWH) on their global hotel booking business using Liferay on Alibaba Cloud, Akamai content delivery network, IaaS, and PaaS. Worked on DevSecOps with Docker and Kubernetes on GKE.
- Migrated SOAP to microservices for Travelport with an open-source stack, including Mockito, Docker, Kubernetes, Spring Boot, PostgreSQL, Netflix Ribbon client proxy or load balancer, Eureka naming server, and Netflix Zuul API Gateway.
- Executed application security implementation and infrastructure vulnerability assessment for a cruise vacation company's booking website. Worked on DevSecOps Infrastructure (IaaC) provisioning with Terraform on AWS.
- Improved test coverage automation from 40% to 75% using Expect and Tcl scripts as a solution for the SITA Messaging platform.
- Applied shell scripting to automate a payment gateway's audit and compliance requirements as a workaround while the go-live date was hard to meet due to ad-hoc compliance needs.
- Revamped and migrated the products' technology for a travel technology company's airport service line.
- Collaborated closely with the VP of IT delivery to plan and deliver solutions and artifacts per the business requirements of an esteemed client of IGT.
- Mentored aspiring architects and team leaders and implemented penetration testing for a travel vacation planning company based in the UK.
- Performed architecture and design product changes for a travel and telecom product leader's government service line. Worked on DevSecOps on Azure using AKS, Docker, Azure DevOps, and Terraform.
Enterprise Solution Architect
- Implemented the enterprise architecture framework across the organization and worked on many solutions with pre-sales and sales as part of the request for proposal (RFP) responses for government clients.
- Collaborated with the CIO, COO, and CTO to implement strategic initiatives impacting an IT spend of over $13 million.
- Designed and developed a traffic incident management system in a distributed environment for multiple business departments for a semi-government client in the UAE.
- Interfaced with electronic ground operations and identified that over 70% of manual entries could be automated.
- Architected, designed, and implemented enterprise applications for security and regulatory compliance.
- Provided various solutions with pre-sales and sales as part of RFP responses for government clients.
- Implemented application security for the eOffice application suite. The first and second penetration tests were done by two independent vendors for every release to production.
- Worked on a highly complex, multi-million dollar eOffice product suite for the Government of India.
- Performed requirements analysis, high-level design, prototyping, and code implementation.
- Used private cloud for multitenant application deployment with minimal downtime and performed tool, product, and framework evaluation for the eOffice product suite.
- Enforced OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities for an eGovernment product suite and coordinated with a third-party security testing agency for product and product certification.
Velocis Systems Pvt
- Provided multiple solutions with pre-sales and sales as part of RFP responses for healthcare, telecom, insurance, and government organizations.
- Implemented Augment—a business process management suite—for the BPO, insurance, manufacturer, and healthcare domains.
- Managed a 50+ team for WebSphere Portal development, release management, and support for the telecom giant Airtel. Its eCommerce portal was on the IBM WebSphere Portal on an AS/400 platform that included 100+ portlets.
- Strategized, developed, implemented, and supported the digitization of a government organization using Drupal and TYPO3.
- Integrated with Salesforce CRM as part of a dashboard solution for a BPO client.
- Worked on an end-to-end medical coding system with HIPAA compliance for a healthcare technology company based in the US. Used the Advanced Encryption Standard and role-based access control implementation with TLS and HTTPS.
- Enforced Augment to automate dealer management and other business processes for Usha International. The solution involved integrating with SAP 6.0 using SAP ERP XI (Exchange Infrastructure).
- Completed an eCommerce SaaS portal for Oil Energy Inc.'s heating oil business.
- Handled team management, code review, and project review.
- Architected, designed, developed, and implemented an eCommerce application.
Senior Software Engineer
- Architected, designed, and developed a sampling module for Eximware, a SaaS-based trade lifecycle management product used by coffee and cocoa traders in the US.
- Handled code review, team management, and project review.
- Performed requirement management, project documentation, and release management.
Ace Software Exports
- Architected, designed, and developed dynamically-configurable Java-based applications and products.
- Managed the team and performed code and project reviews.
- Handled release management, project documentation, and requirement management.
Softpage Pvt. Ltd.
- Developed configurable Java-based applications and products for human resource department management.
- Handled coding, peer code review, and team management.
- Performed requirement management and project documentation.
DNC Pvt. Ltd
- Developed custom software using Visual Basic and C++.
- Conducted unit testing for the code and deployment on the server for QA.
- Handled user acceptance testing (UAT) support for custom software and client site support.
PaaS and SaaS Data Platform
Product Migration to the Cloud for More Than 250 Applications
Migrated Oracle databases with PostgreSQL and TIBCO with Spring Boot-based microservices using the 6R migration strategy.
Highly Scalable, Cost Effective, Next-generation Infrastructure System for Video Conferencing
Some of the key responsibilities while executing this project are listed below:
• Developed, tested, and implemented features as planned.
• Conducted daily scrum meetings, code reviews, release management, CI/CD pipelines for deployment on performance, user acceptance testing (UAT), and production environments.
• Suggested and implemented features for improvement and innovation.
• Suggested and implemented architectural changes for the development, testing, and production environment for availability, scalability, and fault tolerance.
• Supported and monitored production and UAT environment.
• Performed data lake integration to feed data to data lake built on Microsoft Azure cloud.
Product Implementation and Support
It has all the components with an open integration framework to fulfill the requirements of ground transportation and urban mobility automation. It consists of modules, including a journey planner, payment, ticketing, pricing, inventory, user management, CMS, notification, ancillaries, service network, and many more.
Omnitiq is a highly scalable, next-generation infrastructure system designed explicitly for AWS cloud and compatible with Azure and GCP through DevSecOps and IaaC.
Enterprise Cognitive Search Web Application
Fixing of Shopify Integration problem with Dynamics 365
Spring Boot, Laravel, Serverless Framework, Windows PowerShell, Apache Spark, .NET, OAuth 2, ADF, ASP.NET, ASP, Flutter, The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF), Spring, Angular, Apache Wicket, Hibernate, Apache Struts, Swing, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), Mockito, Swagger, .NET Core, Unreal Engine, Hadoop, Bootstrap, Seq2seq, Selenium
TensorFlow Deep Learning Library (TFLearn), TensorFlow, Azure Cognitive Services, Node.js, REST APIs, React, Amazon Rekognition, Azure Blob Storage API, Zendesk API, Amazon API, OpenAPI, Auth, OpenID, WebGL, AWS Amplify, PyTorch, jQuery, XGBoost
Subversion (SVN), Amazon Cognito, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Bitbucket, Jira, Amazon EKS, Jenkins, Terraform, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Ansible, Helm, Git, Azure DevOps Services, Grafana, AWS AppSync, AWS IAM, AWS ELB, GitHub, GitLab, GitLab CI/CD, Kafka Streams, Google Compute Engine (GCE), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Kibana, AWS CloudFormation, Elastic, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), VPN, AWS Key Management Service (KMS), AWS CodeDeploy, Azure Search, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR), Azure Application Insights, Confluence, Amazon CloudWatch, Amazon Simple Email Service (SES), Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon AppStream, Amazon WorkSpaces, AWS Deployment, Atlassian, Azure Automation, Microsoft Exchange, MS Exchange, Microsoft Identity Manager, AWS Fargate, Amazon CloudFront CDN, AWS CodeBuild, ELK (Elastic Stack), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Microsoft Power BI, Apache, Splunk, Prisma, VMware, Azure App Service, Hyper-V, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Docker Compose, Docker Swarm, Boto 3, Keycloak, HashiCorp, Amazon EBS, Microsoft Dynamics, Logstash, Chef, Azure Key Vault, Query Plan, Gradle, AWS CLI, Amazon SageMaker, Spark SQL, Apache Solr, Tableau, IBM MQ, Apache Tomcat, Hudson, IBM Rational Rose, JDeveloper, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Visual C++, VMware vSphere, PMD, SonarQube, REST Assured, Checkmarx, NGINX, RabbitMQ, AWS Glue, AWS Step Functions, Redshift Spectrum, Cloud Dataflow, Amazon Athena, Amazon QuickSight, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Amazon Key Management, Talend ETL, AWS Batch, MQTT, Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR), Amazon Transcribe, Amazon Lex, NEURON, Apache JMeter, Dynatrace
Microservices Architecture, DevOps, DevSecOps, Microservices, Azure DevOps, Automation, Testing, Continuous Deployment, Serverless Architecture, Stress Testing, E2E Testing, HIPAA Compliance, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), YAGNI, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Requirements Analysis, Test Automation, API/Services Architecture, Event-driven Architecture, Data Science, Agile, PMBOK, REST, ETL
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Azure PaaS, Azure IaaS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS Lambda, Apache Kafka, Cloud Native, Amazon EC2, AWS IoT, Ubuntu, LAMP, AWS NLB, Microsoft, New Relic, MacOS, Windows Server, Azure Event Hubs, Azure Functions, Firebase, Windows, Rancher, WordPress, Google Cloud SDK, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Mobile, Ethereum, Unix, Burp Suite, IBM WebSphere, JBoss, Oracle, Jakarta EE, Blockchain, Shopify, AWS IoT Greengrass, PagerDuty
Google Cloud, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Azure Queue, Azure Tables, MongoDB, Redis, Database Migration, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon DynamoDB, On-premise, Redshift, Azure Active Directory, Elasticsearch, Google Cloud SQL, Google Cloud Storage, Database Security, Company Databases, Amazon Aurora, Data Pipelines, Azure SQL, Datadog, SQL Performance, Database Performance, DB, Azure SQL Databases, NoSQL, Data Synchronization, Databases, Alibaba Cloud, JBoss AS, IBM Db2, Azure Blobs, Azure Cache, Azure Table Storage, Azure Cloud Services, IIS SQL Server, AWS Data Pipeline Service, Data Lakes
AWS Certified Solution Architect, Cloud Security, Certified Project Manager, CI/CD Pipelines, AWS Cloud Architecture, Amazon RDS, Cloud Migration, Amazon Kinesis, Architecture, Solution Architecture, Personally Identifiable Information (PII), Cloud Architecture, SSL, Load Balancers, Monitoring, Cloud Computing, Security, IT Security, Prometheus, AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK), Orchestration, AWS Cloud Development, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), DNS, AWS DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Leadership, Networking, Identity & Access Management (IAM), Configuration Management, Cost Reduction & Optimization, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Artificial Intelligence as a Service (AIaaS), Full-stack, Container Security, Cloudflare, Data Engineering, Data Warehousing, SSL Certificates, Serverless, Data Analytics, DevOps Engineer, Cost Management, Networks, Routing, Kustomize, IaaS, Infrastructure, Scripting, Deployment, Integration Testing, System Integration Testing (SIT), API Testing, Integration, Virtual Machines, Jira Administrator, Delivery Management, Java KeyStore, Azure Virtual Networks, API Gateways, CTO, Enterprise Software, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Platform as a Service (PaaS), IoT Protocols, Software Project Management, API Integration, Support & Maintenance, Documentation, Cloud Infrastructure, Audits, SecOps, Azure Synapse, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, Web Security, Web App Security, Information Security, Azure Service Bus, IIS, IT Infrastructure, MSMQ, System Administration, Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Azure Resource Group, Azure RBAC, Karpenter, GitHub Actions, AWS NAT Gateway, Microsoft Dynamics 365, SaaS, SMTP, Web Servers, IOPS, Database Optimization, Amazon MSK, Cloud, Dynamics CRM 365, IT Operations, Kubernetes Operations (kOps), Amazon Machine Images (AMI), GoDaddy, Servers, Migration, Google BigQuery, Vertex AI, VPC, Amazon Glacier, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure, Container Orchestration, Vulnerability Assessment, Microsoft 365, Software Architecture, Google Workspace, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Amazon Route 53, RESTful Services, Amazon EventBridge, SOLID Principles, APIs, Technical Leadership, Control & Cost Analysis, SSL Configurations, KEMP Load Balancer, Back-end Performance, Autoscaling, Storage, Single Sign-on (SSO), Message Queues, Azure Analysis Services, Google Cloud Functions, Software Engineering, Cloud Engineering, VM, Server Administration, SysOps, Linux Server Administration, VPS/VDS, Threat Modeling, Security Architecture, Secure Containers, eCommerce, Microsoft Servers, ECS, Google Cloud/Suite, Identity, Price Positioning, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), TCP/IP, PKI, Google, Antivirus Software, Content Filtering, Data Visualization, Technical Documentation, Dashboard Development, Web Application Firewall (WAF), Detection Engineering, Active Directory Programming, Firewalls, File Servers, Data Protection, Malware Analysis, Code Review, Full-stack Development, Network Administration, Quality Assurance (QA), SIEM, Scalability, Web Scalability, Network Engineering, Data Center Infrastructure, Software-defined WAN (SDWAN), Compliance, Private Clouds, Performance Analysis, Internet Information Services (IIS), Team Leadership, PDF, Digital Signatures, Managed Services, API Connectors, Azure Data Lake, Data Reporting, Azure Data Factory, Microsoft Fabric, Strategic Planning, Containerization, AWS Elemental MediaConvert, Failover Clusters, Transparent Data Encryption (TDE), Multi-server Administration , VLDB, Database Compression, Data Analysis, Cost Analysis, Always On, Disaster Recovery Plans (DRP), Retail, Omnichannel Marketing, Sales & Channel Enablement, Channels, Staging, Agile Sprints, Containers, Data Migration, Machine Learning Operations (MLOps), Argo CD, Linux Kernel, Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP) ERP, Kubernetes Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, IBM Message Broker, Web Services, Geronimo, BEA WebLogic Server, JRun, Process Management, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), SOAP, WebLogic, Azure Virtual Machines, Integrated Development Environments (IDE), GitOps, Tencent Gateway (TGW), Amazon Redshift, AWS Monitoring, Auditing, VPC Security and Management, Incident Response, Machine Learning, AWS Security Hub, AWS Database Migration Service, AWS DataSync, Exploratory Data Analysis, Data, Time Series, Time Series Analysis, Visualization, EMR, Feature Engineering, Handling Outliers, Data Encoding, Scaling, Data Shuffling, Data Binning, Ground Truth and Label Generation, Data Modeling, Deep Learning, Neural Networks, Convolutional Neural Networks, Recurrent Neural Networks (RNN), GPT, Learning Transfer, Regularization Technique, Early Stopping, Regulations, Grief with Gradients, The Vanishing Gradients Problem, The Confusion Matrix, Precision, Recall, Ensemble Methods, Gradient Boosting, Learning, DeepAR, Object2Vec, Object Detection, Image Classification, Semantic Segmentation, Random Cut Forest, Neural Topic Model, Discriminant Analysis (LDA), K-nearest Neighbors (KNN), K-means Clustering, Principal Component Analysis (PCA), Factorization Machines, IP Insights, Reinforcement Learning, Automatic Model Tuning, Sagamaker Model Monitor, Deployment Guardrails, Shadow Tests, JumpStart, Data Wrangling, Feature Icons, Edge Manager, Amazon Comprehend, AWS Translate, AWS Polly, Amazon Forecast, Lightning Round, TexTract, AWS DeepLens, DeepRacher, Lookoout, Monitron, TorchServe, AWS Panorma, AWS DeepComposer, Fraud Investigation, CodeGuru, Contact Lens, Amazon Kendra, Amazon Augmented AI (Amazon A2I), Sagemaker Security, Amazon SageMaker Pipelines, ChatGPT, OpenAI GPT-4 API, Network Data Storage, BERT, Web App Deployment, Veeam, Teradata Systems Administration, SonicWall, Backup & Recovery, Yocto
Doctorate in Computer Science
CMJ University - Assam, India
Master's Degree in Information Technology
Sikkim Manipal University - Manipal, India
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Utkal University - Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
Professional Cloud Developer
Certified Kubernetes Administrator
Linux Professional Institute Inc.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional
Amazon Web Services Training and Certification
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
Amazon Web Services
AWS Certified Machine Learning Specialty
AWS Advanced Security
AWS Certified Security Specialty
AWS Certified Data Analytics Specialty
Certified Scrum Master
Scrum Alliance Inc.
TOGAF 9 Certified
The Open Group
Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
American Society for Quality
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)
Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform 1.4