Verified Expert in Engineering
Will is a software engineer with experience at all levels of the stack. He specializes in audio programming but has a strong background in DevOps, distributed systems, and containers. Will is highly experienced with Go, Ruby, and Objective-C, and he loves anything to do with music or audio.
Git, Linux, OS X, C, Go, C++, Rust, Kubernetes, iOS, Ruby
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is Garden, the container technology for Cloud Foundry.
- Provided technical leadership for the Tanzu Application Service core runtime team.
- Designed solutions for complex bugs and new features.
- Contributed to the support strategy for FTSE 500 customers.
Technical Project Lead
- Built clustered data services for Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Created deployable continuous delivery pipelines for various products.
- Produced various libraries and tools for the rapid development of new products.
- Led the Garden container team through to the initial release of the next generation of Cloud Foundry runtime.
Freelance iOS Developer
- Added support for playback and recording of PDF audio annotations.
- Built a prototype GUI for PDF audio annotations.
- Assisted in updates for new version of iOS.
Web and iOS Developer
- Added Core Data support for an iOS client for a large white-label publishing system.
- Added several other new features to the existing iOS app, including updates for new resolutions, iPad, etc.
- Built a continuous delivery pipeline and an automated build and configuration system to produce different versions of the app with different feature sets.
- Built one of a suite of three single page web apps to visualize pricing data and graphically show the impact of pricing changes.
- Worked on a variety of web apps, both front- and back-end.
Provides a Go API allowing orchestrators to write platform-agnostic code to run containers on a variety of back-ends.
The Garden-Linux back-end provides a production-ready container system that is secure in multi-tenant environments. It also has support for running Docker images.
Test-driven Development (TDD), Unit Testing, Behavior-driven Development (BDD)
Cloud Foundry, Audio
Ruby, Objective-C, Go, C, C++, Rust, Swift
Cocoa Touch, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Cocoa, AudioUnit
Git, Vim Text Editor, Bundler, BOSH, Concourse CI
Docker, MacOS, Linux, OS X, Unix, iOS, VMware Tanzu Application Service (TAS) (Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)), Kubernetes
Memcached, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis
Master's Degree in Computer Science
UCL - London
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Music Technology
Thames Valley University - Reading
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring