CTO2012 - PRESENTMy Daily Bits, LLC
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Core ML, TensorFlow, Azure, AWS, Xamarin Forms
- Designed and implemented a Xamarin Forms-based consumer mobile app for iOS, Android, and UWP.
- Delivered over 6 million downloads, at a 4.5 star review average.
- Implemented an A/B testing based experimentation platform to improve several KPIs including downloads, rating, conversion to paid subscription, and retention.
- Trained and implemented a machine vision model to classify camera stream in real time on Android and iOS.
Senior Product Engineer2014 - 2017Intapp
Technologies: Mobile Device Management (MDM), HTML5, ASP.NET, C#, Android, iOS
- Developed high-performance, consumer-grade mobile apps from scratch.
- Improved web application performance by 80+%.
- Realized advanced modules including automated document generation and score profile calculation.
- Improved the development process to increase predictability and software quality.
- Enabled AWS-based cloud deployment of an enterprise grade web application.
Senior Engineering Lead2008 - 2014Microsoft
Technologies: Microsoft Excel, SharePoint, Visio, Microsoft PowerPoint, Windows PowerShell, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), C#
- Revolutionized SharePoint online service management. Identified, planned, designed, and delivered enterprise class data center monitoring, diagnostics, and manual and automated issue recovery with on-call rotation management solutions.
- Implemented and used usage instrumentation and big data analysis, stakeholder and partner requirement management, investment prioritization, feature design, and high level architecture.
- Created a highly available service diagnostics console on SOA architecture (Merlin) used by 350 engineers per day. Provided real-time access to big data (200TB/day) for service investigation, analysis, and recovery.
- Implemented professional data center management software that improved service availability by 75% and reduced manual change implementation by 80% (Joblets).
- Delivered FISMA and Chinese government compliant service management software.
- Enabled automated investigation and problem resolution (reduced service outages from days of SLA missed to <15 min recovery times).
Lead Software Developer2005 - 2008Sogeti Consulting
Technologies: BizTalk, SQL, ASP.NET, C#
- Managed the development of a front-office internet application in a MS CMS and SharePoint 2003 portal system environment.
- Refined intake and development on a procedural level including project initiation, planning, and controlling.
- Reviewed and approved business requirements, specifications, and technical designs.
- Collaborated with business managers/engineers to build consensus around architectural solutions.
- Implemented a customer-facing front-end system for a major insurance company.
- Oversaw a team SharePoint implementation for a multi-national company.
- Led the project to create a cross-departmental knowledge management system for a global investment bank.
Senior Software Developer2002 - 2005Xeed Marketing
Technologies: PDF, SQL, ASP.NET, C#
- Performed extensive coding in Microsoft .NET (C#, ASP.NET) in a web-based environment. Designed and reviewed high-level architecture and the design of solution components.
- Communicated with businesses to identify high-level and detailed requirements.
- Directed the team of onsite and offshore developers. Led through all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Led projects from concept through completion. Liaised with project managers, business stakeholders, QA, and other team members.
- Designed and implemented marketing collateral management and a template-based advertising publishing portal for Mitsubishi, Nissan, MG Rover, Citroen, and the Profile Tire Center.
Software Developer2000 - 2002Adis Retail
Technologies: Microsoft Access, VB.NET, SQL, Visual Basic 6 (VB6)
- Implemented complex technical solutions.
- Prototyped a visual configuration tool.
- Created a website for an asset movement display.
- Designed a middle tier framework for flexible architecture, usable on servers worldwide.
- Produced several retail data analysis tools, a Unix to Windows software conversion tool, and an asset management website.