Senior Software Developer2010 - 2012ZTE
Technologies: C, Linux
- Improved a VoIP call scheduler/controller module in the NGN network, using protocols such as SIP, RTP, and H.248.
- Implemented a voice mailbox service for registered VoIP users using VMS.
- Handled functional level refactoring of a GTP-C functionality module in PGW (PDN Gateway).
- Optimized an internal event-driven state machine in a signaling controller module for GTP-C protocol.
- Implemented simultaneous FA/MAG functionality on PGW using PMIP protocol.
- Ten20 (Development)
A GPS tracker service site using Node.js, MongoDB, AngularJS, Leaflet.js, and Bootstrap. As the main developer, I built both the front-end and back-end for the whole site, while my client worked on the tracker protocol and GPS data processing. The main challenges were:
1) solving AngularJS SEO problems
2) finding a way to dynamically scale a tracker's sampling points while the map's zoom changes.
- Timely (Development)https://timelyapp.com
A project time tracking web app developed using AngularJS and Firebase. This is one of the most challenging front-end projects I've ever worked on. My client was a distinguished designer and emphasized UI details. I helped him to implement a very customized and UI-friendly time calendar. It looks gorgeous.
- fubotv (Development)http://www.fubo.tv
A soccer video site built using Sails.js, MongoDB, and AngularJS. I was the lead developer in the team. I participated in both front-end and back-end development. On theh front-end I worked on general reusable page sections, UI effects, AngularJS SEO, and unit testing. On the back-end, I worked on soccer data ingestion, public API definition and implementation, app deployment, and CDN caching for the API.
- Bypassing Chinese Internet Censorship: How I Built a Censored Microblog Aggregator (Publication)As is known worldwide, the Chinese government enforces strict censorship on the internet. Virtually everything is under the government’s surveillance. In order to be allowed to operate, ISPs and internet content providers in China usually have their own content filtering mechanism for blocking or removing the published content by its users, or even deleting users’ account directly if they are assumed to be illegal under the government policy.
FrameworksAngularJS, Express.js, Sails.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ember.js
ToolsMongoose, Bower, Grunt, Git
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Functional Programming
StoragePostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, MySQL
- Master's degree in Geographical Information Systems2005 - 2008Nanjing University - Nanjing, China
- Bachelor's degree in Geology2001 - 2005Nanjing University - Nanjing, China