Verified Expert in Design
Adriano is a designer with more than ten years of experience. He's mainly focused on UI/UX, web design, and branding. Throughout his career, he explored different fields of design. Starting from branding and editorial design, he then worked in marketing and eventually moved to digital design and front-end development. At this stage, he also got an MA in interaction design and worked in this field. Adriano has performed in different environments with various kinds of clients.
Nike Football Trials
Product Design Lead
- Designed the UX and UI of the software from scratch. The initial prototype went successfully through a startup phase, and once the company got the funding, I was called up again as a product lead designer to keep expanding the software.
- Translated a complex set of data displayed as tables into charts, infographics, and visual elements.
- Designed UI patterns and guidelines for the product. Passed on to the developers, which I supervised.
- Created offline reports downloadable from the software, features documentation, investors pitches, demo videos, and brand marketing collaterals.
Graphic and Web Designer
- Designed many websites for medium and small companies. Took care of the development partially or entirely—partially for complex websites where I cooperated with back-end developers, while entirely for websites built primarily on WordPress.
- Helped design the UI and UX for Acasa, an app currently on the Apple Store, and other B2B web apps that can only be downloaded on the seller's websites.
- Contributed to the marketing design and animated web banners for various companies, including Acasa, Aparto, and GoHenry.
- Designed logos and brand images of companies operating in many fields, but mostly in real estate, luxury, and IT.
- Contributed to the ideation, UX, and UI of five interaction design projects for NikeTown in Oxford Street, including a football trials cage that was installed there for a year.
- Designed graphics and storyboards for the animations (brought to life by the motion graphic team) for the FA and Tottenham Hotspur, displayed at Wembley and Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
- Participated in the ideation, focusing on the user experience through storyboarding and concept decks, of various experiential design projects for Samsung, O2, Oakley, Sports Direct, and West Ham United.
- Helped with the design of the Premier League ad LED perimeter board, displayed during every game of the League.
- Designed apps, mini-sites, and newsletters for Samsung, Nike, Rado, and Thai Airways.
Graphic and Web Designer
- Led the front-end design of the Nido website, consisting of a robust CMS marketing section, booking system, and student portal.
- Realized the company's rebranding from Nido Student Living to The Nido Collection, creating the new set of logos for each property and setting the new branding guidelines.
- Worked for the marketing department, realizing various marketing collateral, brochures, monthly newspapers, and weekly newsletters.
- Gave design directives for the booking system, which was built ad-hoc for the company, working twice per week from the developer's company office.
- Designed a website and a web portal for the capital investors and Nido owners of Round Hill Capital.
- Realized corporate materials for Round Hill Capital, including presentations, brochures, and reports, mostly turning raw data and rough graphs into easy-to-understand, pleasant graphs for investor and partner presentations.
Graphic Designer for the Central Marketing Department
- Created quarterly marketing campaigns deployed in all the ten countries where the company operated. Being the only designer in a six-people central marketing team, I was solely in charge of the design.
- Unified the marketing communication style across the countries, providing guidelines and design templates to each country's marketing department.
- Designed building-sized billboards and outdoor signaling to promote the clubs in the Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, and Poland.
- Designed logo and brand image of a few companies operating in various sectors.
- Designed brochures and promotional materials for different clients.
- Helped the development team provide UI kits and occasionally designed some web interfaces.
- Took part in the ideation and the design of branding and various collaterals for a luxurious hotel in the Bahamas. Although the project never went over the pitch stage, we designed an infinity of assets, from restaurant menus to entire hotel rooms.
- Restyled to logos of some local businesses and their brand image, occasionally also creating marketing materials for them.
- Designed various exhibition rollup banners for Fiat, Jeep, Aston Martin, and Poste Italiane.
- Prepared files for printing on various kinds of support, such as metals, cars, billboards, banners, and clothes. Mainly worked on vector paths and curves in Illustrator.
Master's Degree in Interaction Design
University of the Arts, London College of Communication - London, UK
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design
Sapienza University of Rome - Rome, Italy
Erasmus Student Exchange in Communication Design
Faculty of Fine Arts - Lisbon, Portugal
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring