Member since January 23, 2015
Ana is a professional graphic designer with a master’s degree in graphic arts and more then five years of experience. She has been active with all kinds of new media, but her major focus has been in animation and video. She is not an expert in front-end development, but she has a good understanding of how it works and is able to keep it in mind when designing and communicate effectively with developers.
- Teacher2016 - 2017School of Graphics, Design, and Media Projects
Technologies: Animation, Media presentation, Interactive media, 3D animation and modeling
- Planned and presented lectures.
- Art directed workshops.
- Monitored and mentored student work.
- Handled administration tasks and project grading.
- Graphic Designer2013 - 2017Farmacies of Zagreb County
Technologies: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Developed visual identity with illustrations for a few projects.
- Designed posters and brochures.
- Designed an interactive calendar used to motivate users to stop smoking.
- Designed a loyalty card and communicated specifications to the print studio.
- Collaborated with the copywriter.
- Designed flyers for the purpose of a nutritionist consultant.
- Cinematographer, Editor, and Graphic Designer2011 - 2017Brut d.o.o.
Technologies: After Effects, Flash, Cinema 4D
- Recorded and edited video footage.
- Designed motion graphics.
- Wrote synopses for video, developing them to storyboard level.
- Produced promotional videos for TV commercials and presentations.
- Created animations in Flash and developed characters.
- Web Developer2016 - 2016Kincl
Technologies: CSS, HTML, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Worked on an art deco style website for the oldest hairstyle salon in Zagreb.
- Did HTML and CSS coding for a responsive website with just a few pages for primary information about a salon without a CMS.
- Handled photo editing of low quality photography from the client archive. Old photographies were scanned and edited in Photoshop.
- Provided SEO for the website.
- Animation Designer2015 - 2016Fabula j.d.o.o.
Technologies: Illustrator, Flash, Premier
- Designed the animation of Green Riding Hood & Wolf, a Green Story for Fabula organic pencil.
- Designed a promotional video made as a collage animation of vector-based, beautiful illustration and video materials.
- Created animations from illustrations made in Illustrator, animated in Flash, and edited in Premier.
- Collaborated with coworkers; we did lots of rethinking after the animation was done, so we have about five final versions of the promotional video made for different occasions.
- UI Designer2015 - 2015Queue
Technologies: Sketch, Hype, Photoshop
- Collaborated with the client while designing wireframes.
- Chose a color scheme and typography.
- Designed the UI for an application. Created it from a raw to a more detailed design and illustrated pictograms.
- Designed/Illustrated an application icon.
- Designed the UI for a web portal with the same style as the application.
- Created the design of transitions (motion graphic/animation design) for an application.
- Designer2015 - 2015PickUpLater
- Designed UI/UX.
- Designed a UI/UX for a replacement options page during checkout for online grocery delivery service.
- Conducted competition research and discussed with the client about the best possible solution that satisfies customer needs.
- Cooperated with the HTML/CSS programmer for feasibility of the selected solutions and possible modifications.
- Developed the chosen solution through the first draft, then developed it to a pixel-perfect final design.
- Designed the UI/UX for a sidebar shopping cart list. Allows the user to see the content of the shopping cart during shopping.
- Designed a UI/UX for the order review page. The page includes an overview of selected items, the cost of delivery, and payment method selection.
- Focused on responsive design.
- Created UI/UX for multiple-store solutions.
- Web Developer2013 - 2014Printlab
- Worked on various websites for nonprofit organizations.
- Used SASS for more complex websites.
- Collaborated with designers from the sketch to the finished website design.
- Worked with child-friendly themes in WordPress.
- Art Teacher2013 - 2014Gola Elementary School
Technologies: Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote, InDesign
- Guided children, understanding their visions and directing the successful creation of practical tasks.
- Taught art concepts.
- Engaged in numerous presentations and creative works for child education.
- Worked with classical techniques of painting and sculpture art.
- Introduced children to the possibilities of creative expression through modern media communication, like design, film, comics, and animation: the perception of movement as images through time.
- Taught art classes for children 11-14 years old.
- Video Producer and Graphic Designer2010 - 2014Fugaplast d.o.o.
Technologies: After Effects, Flash, HTML, CSS, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Wrote synopses, developing them to storyboard level through communications with clients.
- Recorded planned locations and scenarios.
- Edited and composed recorded materials.
- Did motion graphic design for video composition in After Effects.
- Planned a website with clients, advising on design.
- Developed a website using WordPress.
- Graphic Designer2010 - 2014MSfG
- Created a graphic solution for the website.
- Developed graphic solutions.
- Cooperated and communicated with clients.
- Assisted with WordPress theme development.
- Edited given content with illustration and photography.
- Did graphic design of promotional materials, videos, brochures, catalogs, and banners.
- Photographed events.
- Web Animation In The Post-Flash Era (Publication)We often use allegory to make an idea easier to understand. But using animation may be a better way to get the message across. Learn the value of animation and why it should be leveraged.
- Ana is a mentor in the Toptal Global Mentor’s Program. This program is a partnership between Toptal and General Assembly to provide high quality mentorship for students from minority and low income backgrounds who are looking to begin their careers as professional designers. Ana shows commitment to diversity in tech by mentoring a General Assembly student every week for a year, covering everything from design tips and tricks to advice on making it in the industry.
- Master's degree in Graphic Design2009 - 2012University of Zagreb - Zagreb, Croatia
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Technology2005 - 2009University of Zagreb - Zagreb, Croatia