Verified Expert in Design
Benoît has been creating digital apps for the past seven years. Since 2014, he has led product designs for startups—helping them create a unified design system and acquire new users. Benoît can do everything from low-fidelity prototypes and user flows to designing pixel-perfect layouts that adapt to any digital device.
Lead UX/UI Designer
- Synthesized and participated in qualitative and quantitative user research. Shared insights with the rest of the team.
- Created an MVP that included slide decks and a landing page to help with fundraising. The MVP was a complete, interactive prototype turned into a video.
- Communicated frequently with the stakeholders and other team members to justify, show, and defend design decisions.
Senior eCommerce UX/UI Designer
- Designed a 2-sided dropshipping application with complex technical constraints.
- Built a design system to increase development productivity and output.
- Created clear workflows out of complex 3-sided transactions.
Lead Product Designer
- Acted as the product manager and lead product designer for the apps' development, leading a mobile development team of seven developers and two designers.
- Led the product redesign and art direction of the platform, including mobile apps.
- Communicated weekly with artists and conducted user interviews for UX research.
- Performed comparative analysis with other websites in the entertainment industry for UI research.
- Helped with product strategy by putting forward principles of design.
- Gave conferences to aspiring artists and professional artists.
Product Designer Advisor
- Helped with a major product redesign (web based products, admins, and interfaces).
- Aided marketing efforts including online communities, documentations and website.
- Led professional services UX/UI design on projects involving companies like Go Pro, Microsoft, L'oreal.
- Established common UX/UI guidelines for various products.
- Led R&D design for future concepts, improvements, and new product ideas.
Freelance UX/UI Designer
Government of Quebec
- Designed and led the content strategy and information architecture efforts. Redesigned the entire products sitemaps and established a cohesive content strategy.
- Led user research and user experience efforts to gather information to lead further design decisions. Conducted user interviews, user surveys, and shadowing techniques.
- Established user interface guidelines in order to managed user interface deliverables. These could be also used for their other products.
- Produced twice as much of a previous version in a 140 page book of recommendations, patterns, and user research results as a guideline elaborating our design strategy.
- Consulted on future products and initiatives.
- Provided recommendations on existing products and offered modern solutions.
- Developed animated online ad campaigns for various clients.
- Created marketing websites and microsites for clients in various industries.
- Helped with interactive apps and installations for advertising purposes.
- Conducted R&D for future campaigns, concepts, and pitches.
- Helped sporadically with small internal initiatives (internal tools).
Master of Arts Degree in Interface Design
Laval University - Quebec, Canada
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Digital Creation
Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue - Quebec, Canada
Technical Degree in Multimedia (Web Design and Front-end)
Maisonneuve College - Montreal, Canada