Member since June 29, 2016
With more than ten years of experience as a UX, UI, visual design, and branding consultant, who has worked successfully in several markets and countries, Carlos is skilled in helping marketing departments, startups, and corporations research, understand users, and generate great experiences for clients through creativity, technology, branding, and communication. He has focused on branding, web design, mobile apps, MVPs, and blockchain.
- Creative Visual + User Experience Designer2005 - PRESENTWallkie
Technologies: Sketch, XD, Zeplin, Invision, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, RealTImeBoard, Powerpoint, Keynote...
- Provided service to more than 35 steady clients in the last 6 years including a blockchain-based crowdlending platform, healthcare SaaS system, and a small furniture configurator.
- Helped clients with basic websites work through the personalization of design with WordPress templates.
- Created and improved consulting projects, digital strategy, and marketing design materials.
- Collaborated with big brands like TrueAndCo.com in the US, helping them with the design of email campaigns in a very strict and fast-paced work frame, as well as with Yamaha Music in Spain, designing websites, catalogs, and marketing campaigns, made with absolute creative freedom.
- Looked constantly for a 360º vision within my work, understanding the precise methodologies as well as having access to relevant business meetings in different fields, has allowed me to understand better every client needs and help them more than initially expected.
- UX and Visual Designer2014 - 2016Convergence Health
Technologies: Just in Mind, ProofHub, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Powerpoint
- Worked remote and in person, inside a team of technologic consultants for the implementation of a health care system in an insurance company.
- Helped create more than 200 wireframes for the platform, making the logotype for the product, the visual design, and the marketing materials for online and print.
- Took part of meetings with all the stakeholders to understand better the context and the assumptions of every team inside the insurance company, I have applied several methodologies to understand better the goals and scope of the project, I have shared this knowledge with different teams to create different hypothesis and scenarios for different users, mainly employees and clients of the insurance company, I have designed questions for surveys, focus groups, and test sessions.
- Worked with people from several countries and cultures in remote an in person. I have experimented and helping on the solution of the issues related to work culture between different countries as can be Spain, the US, Mexico and India.
- Helped to organize the research methodologies and analysis for competitors, define opportunities, strategy, presentations (lot of them) and possibilities of evolution for this digital product.
- Senior Designer2011 - 2013Smoda Magazine (Conde Nast/El Pais, Spain)
Technologies: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Designed detailed and creative pages spreads for this weekly fashion magazine.
- Helped create printed marketing materials.
- Assisted the art direction field, selecting photographs or proposing new design solutions.
- Created original icons following the magazine style.
- Worked in a fast-paced scenario inside a team of 6 designers including the art director.
- Art Director2000 - 2005Motorpress Iberica
Technologies: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Excell, Keynote, Powerpoint
- Headed the art direction, design, and re-design of several magazines and special materials related.
- Worked by objectives as a leader of a design department.
- Managed a team of 15 designers to create 9 magazines and marketing materials related with the Car Industry.
- Created a "rudimentary system" (in that time) to link excel sheets with InDesign through XML labels, then we could automate some task and graphics through pre-defined styles.
- Improved the workflow of my area, creating templates for all the repetitive tasks.
- Organized the work with illustrators, photographers, providers, and stakeholders to be able of printing 2 weekly and 7 monthly magazines on time and with the quality required.
- Master's degree in Management of a Graphic Design Study2009 - 2009EOI Business School - Madrid, Spain
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design and Communication1990 - 1995Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana - Mexico City, Mexico