Verified Expert in Design
Claudia has over 15 years of experience designing digital products for agencies and startups. A former group creative director at Huge (a full-service digital agency headquartered in Brooklyn with offices worldwide), she’s also led the creative side for AOR clients like Comcast and JetBlue working with teams from 10 to 20. Her work has been recognized by CES, the App Store, and the Webbys.
VP of Creative
- Acted as the head of the creative department for Luster, a B2B event technology company.
- Drove event tech product evolution & development. Working directly with the engineering and operations teams to streamline the workflow and enhance the product user experience.
- Oversaw the creative direction of sales pitches and client work.
- Held creative oversight over all of the marketing, both online and offline.
- Worked within a leadership team for a startup to create a longterm vision for the company.
- Provided creative leadership to help clients and agencies build sustainable businesses.
- Generated the creative strategy, branding, product design, creative direction, and design management for a variety of clients including Comcast, Under Armour, NYU Langone, Uniqlo, Linio, Digiday Media, and the early-stage startup, Material World.
- Refreshed Linio’s branding and mobile design; it was then named as one of “Best of 2017” in the App Store.
- Provided leadership, creative direction, and design management to a multidisciplinary team of 10+ for Xfinity Mobile's beta launch. It was an engagement via Code & Theory.
- Created the conceptual product design for NYU Langone's patient in-room experience.
- Led the brand refresh for Under Armour's connected fitness vertical. This included leading a team of eight designers on expanding the creative strategy for the name, visual identity, conceptual brand design, and application in the digital and retail spaces. It was an engagement via Code & Theory.
- Provided oversight for Citi Venture's incubator projects; where I helped three teams of strategists, UX designers, and design leads turn incubator ideas into viable digital products. It was an engagement via Code & Theory.
- Led the creative strategy, visual identity, and responsive site design for Digiday and Digiday+ Membership online rebranding and redesign.
- Worked as a creative director for Ray Enterprises, a consumer electronics startup; the Ray Super Remote, a universal remote control, was its first product. Ray Super Remote was named an Innovation Honoree at CES in 2016.
- Designed and managed all of the communications material including the website and packaging.
- Defined and designed Super Remote’s software such as DVR and VOD integration and conceptualiziation.
- Successfully launched the product at Re/Code’s conference to generate press buzz and customer pre-orders.
- Established a visual style guide for the software.
Vice President | Creative Director
- Worked as a creative director for Hunting Season, a self-funded startup that makes mobile products.
- Took products from idea to launch; including the ideation, research, concept development, branding, product design, content strategy, and marketing.
- Collaborated with off-shore developers and engineers on planning the functional specifications and building the products.
- Led a five-person team to successfully launch the fashion app LOU for the iPhone and iPad.
- Led the development of the foundation of the Legere Rapid Content Platform.
- Managed the recruitment and operations for the company—growing the company into a 12-person team in one year.
Group Creative Director
- Worked directly under the ECD to oversee day-to-day operations of the department with 50+ designers.
- Helped the company grow from 60 in 2007 to 500+ in 2012.
- Upheld HUGE’s design standards by providing creative leadership, brand and strategic insight, design, and management on multiple accounts.
- Led multidisciplinary teams on pitches and winning new clients to increase the company’s bottom-line.
- Coached the staff and oversaw the development of the 15 designers within the group.
- Hired staff as needed and managed project resourcing.
- Boosted NutriSystem’s lead generation by 36% within three months of the beta launch.
- Oversaw the successful rebrand of the iVillage site, increasing its number of unique visitors by 23% from the previous year to 21.4 million in June 2009.
- Led and managed the team that established a firm mobile web presence for Comcast, increasing conversion by over 200% at initial launch in 2011.
- Worked as part of the senior leadership team at HUGE and helped shape the department as the agency grew by introducing new design processes and providing leadership in the development and execution of HR policies and programs to meet growth and retention challenges.
- Worked for various clients including JetBlue, Lowe’s, Sirius XM, and McKinsey & Company.
Freelance Art Director
- Created the conceptual design and product definition for NBC Universal’s Hulu.
- Led the design for the TED prize project, Encyclopedia of Life; which was delivered within a two-week timeframe. This included the conceptual design, template design, and promo video support.
- Maintained the overall quality and integrity of the studio’s creative work.
- Managed clients and projects.
- Scoped project requirements and allocated resources allocation.
- Developed new business.
- Recruited talent as needed and managed operations.
- Worked for various clients including Universal Music, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, the Discovery Channel, This is That Corporation & Anonymous Content, Surf-Rodz, and Carini Lang.
- Created award-winning designs for clients such as EMI Music Publishing and defined the art direction for award-winning pitch work.
- Led the art direction and design.
- Coordinated a multidisciplinary team on deliverables.
- Mentored the team and junior designers.
- Interfaced with various clients including the Regus Group Network, Project Rebirth, AOL, McKinsey Quarterly, Bristol-Myers Squibb, EMI Music Publishing, ARTstor (The Mellon Foundation), MasterCard, Gartner Consulting, Prada Epicenter, and Motorola.
- Maintained the Core77 website including the job and company postings.
- Designed articles for the Core77 website.
Master of Fine Arts Degree with a Certificate of Excellence Award for Outstanding Merit in Computer Graphics and Interactive Media
Pratt Institute - Brooklyn, NY, USA
Bachelor's Degree with High Distinction in Industrial Design
Carleton University - Ottawa, Canada