UX Design Lead
2020 - PRESENT
- Led the creation and implementation of a new design language for the entire product organization that helped bring global consistency to the product brand and significantly reduce development time.
- Led user interviews and walked customers through custom built interactive prototypes to gain better understanding and insight for how to improve the user interface for the flagship product.
- Served as UX design lead and worked with multiple product managers, engineering teams, and technology leads to identify current issues in the company's primary products and define strategic solutions for addressing the UX architecture and interface.
- Participated in calls with the Customer Success team to speak with and better understand customers from all over the world who use our product. This involved listening to their pain points, likes and dislikes, and further iterating on that feedback.
Technologies: InVision, Sketch, Illustrator CC, Slack, Zeplin, GitHub
Senior Product Designer
2017 - 2020
- Took lead designer role on projects for multiple fortune 500 companies in industries such as finance, healthcare, government, technology, and insurance.
- Led the design direction for a first-of-its-kind experience for a top 3 US banking institution. I was in charge of setting the overall aesthetic for this project and defining the general theme.
- Guided my internal as well as the executive teams and stakeholders on the client side to present updates and progress throughout the course of the project timeline.
- Functioned as a subject matter expert in the area of emerging technology, which included the primary creative go to on projects dealing with augmented reality, game design, and machine learning.
Technologies: Illustrator CC, Photoshop CC, Sketch, InVision, Microsoft Teams, After Effects CC, Maya
CX Interaction Designer
2015 - 2017
Wells Fargo Advisors
- Led the visual redesign of the primary customer facing product Envision®, a robust retirement tool designed to make the working relationship between affluent banking clients and their financial advisors simpler.
- Took the initiative to introduce a fresh new look and feel for the interface that when tested, resulted in much more highly receptive feedback than the original version.
- Collaborated with a UX designer and product manager to better understand the pain points customers were initially having and develop better approaches to solve these issues, which then were reflected in the updated interface.
- Collaborated with an internal team of engineers to oversee the development of the final product and ensure that the what was delivered was solid.
Technologies: Sketch, InVision, Photoshop CC
Lead Digital Designer
2014 - 2015
- Provided general creative direction and guidance around web design, branding and corporate identity, and digital and physical promotional content for the parent brand QuietStream as well its umbrella properties.
- Led site re-design/re-branding initiatives for well-known leaders in the commercial real-estate industry, including Optimus Properties, AMS Commercial Real Estate, and Full Capital Stack.
- Assisted the CEO to translate his vision for what is now the company’s most successful brand, Investor Management Services.
- Collaborated with the CEO, marketing team, developers and content writers to provide creative direction for the Investor Management Services site design and branding.
Technologies: Illustrator CC, Photoshop CC
Lead Graphic Designer
2014 - 2014
- Assisted the COO to help refine the company image and provide a more clear vision for the brand.
- Designed branded collateral including in-store signage, digital banners, product labels, and window clings for advertising and promotional usage.
- Took over management of the company's social media presence, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, using Hootsuite to track user analytics and provide more targeted content that led to expanded growth and customer outreach.
Technologies: Illustrator CC, After Effects CC, Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Photoshop CC
Graphic and Web Designer
2013 - 2014
- Redesigned the company website from wireframing to providing final, code-ready concepts for development.
- Coordinated with internal developers to deliver a functional and useable experience throughout the site.
- Designed print ready collateral for marketing and advertising campaigns highlighting the company's various products and services.
Technologies: Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC
Senior Graphic and Web Designer
2011 - 2013
- Designed effective and creative graphic and web solutions for local and national businesses with the primary focus in the automotive industry.
- Collaborated with creative managers, account and media traffic mangers, and the art director to come up with innovative ideas and marketing strategies.
- Guided clients to provide branded print and digital content to meet their needs, including interactive web banners, direct mailers, brochures, indoor/outdoor signage, event collateral, billboards, and more.
Technologies: After Effects CC, Illustrator CC, Photoshop CC