Chicago, IL, United States
Member since October 28, 2018
Jeff's time in the army designing battle scenarios for soldiers training for Iraq was the unlikely beginning to a UX career that has produced award-winning mobile applications, multilingual enterprise applications, and user-centric products owned by millions around the world. However, his most significant contribution belongs to the hundreds of students and UX professionals he had the honor to mentor throughout his 15+ year design career.
- VP, Lead UX Designer2018 - PRESENTBank of America
Technologies: Adobe Suite, Axure, PowerPoint, Card Sorting, User Research
- Conducted user and stakeholder interviews to better understand the financial landscape and project requirements.
- Redesigned a set of legacy systems used by 250,000+ bank employees and contractors.
- Senior UX Consultant, Data Visualization2018 - 2018PriceWaterhouseCoopers
Technologies: Power BI, Sketch, InVision, Usability Testing, Adobe Suite, Google Slides
- Consulted in a global initiative to provide employees with advanced reporting and analytics.
- Customized reports and visualizations to the needs of defined archetypes.
- Helped PriceWaterhouseCoopers connect their 140+ locations to a shared data visualization platform and standards.
- Head of User Experience Design2015 - 2018Whiting House Group
- Conducted data-driven research to determine the next stage of growth for our company and products.
- Helped UnitedHealth Group improve their infusion delivery process from 25 days to 9 days.
- Expanded the Experience Team by defining roles/responsibilities, setting team standards, and hiring top designers.
- Design Team Lead2014 - 2017Nintendo of America
- Created and led the first agile enterprise user experience team at Nintendo.
- Designed and built the first in-house usability lab at Nintendo of America.
- Collaborated with cross-disciplinary teams across three continents to design the Nintendo Developer Portal and improve the Nintendo Switch.
- Adjunct Professor, School of Web Design + New Media2013 - 2016Academy of Art University
- Advised graduate students on their thesis projects, kept them on track for weekly deliverables, and assisted/graded them in their daily work.
- Taught students about jQuery and responsive web frameworks for mobile application development.
- Lead the Responsive Web, Mobile Web Technology, and Graduate Thesis Creation courses.
- Senior Experience Architect, Microsoft Team2013 - 2014VML
Technologies: SharePoint Designer, Adobe Suite, Axure, Keynote
- Leveraged strategy, insights, user research, and competitive analyses to provide client recommendations.
- Succeeded by working with various team members and stakeholders in an agile setting to produce wireframes, prototypes, and presentations.
- Won a Gold Addy for Interaction Design work on the Gatorade Fierce Collective and a Silver Addy for Korean Air mobile wireframes.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Graphic Design2009 - 2011University of Missouri-Kansas City - Kansas City, Missouri
- Human-Centered DesignFEBRUARY 2016 - PRESENTUniversity of California, San Diego