Verified Expert in Design
Karen is a top-notch UX designer and industry veteran working with clients like PwC, National Geographic, AOL, Sprint, and AARP to deliver responsive UX designs for apps, websites, back-end data applications, and knowledge management systems. She runs workshops, develops product roadmaps, and provides world-class UX designs based on deep thinking, research, and user testing.
Red Hat Developers' Site
Senior Product Designer
ASU Pocket - Main
- Designed Pocket, a verifiable credentials mobile wallet for ASU, to meet tight deadlines for launching the app in the Apple and Google app stores for release to their 160,000 students.
- Crafted the design of a demo of the future state of the VC wallet for a presentation to The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Conducted an analysis of VC data, user journeys, SSO, and wallet use cases to inform the app's UI/UX design.
- Performed usability testing with ASU students to pressure test the usability and determine the likelihood of adoption.
- Designed a new distinct brand theme for Pocket based on the ASU color palette while keeping the app looking like its own product.
Senior UX Designer
Predictive UX, LLC
- Worked with multidisciplinary teams in Agile environments with a primary focus on guiding user experience design and product strategy through analysis, research, and usability studies.
- Led the UX design for internal applications and customer-facing websites for startups, government agencies and enterprise organizations like USDA, AARP, Red Hat, PwC, the National Park Service, the World Bank, and more.
- Created responsive designs for a variety of clients. Recent work includes end-to-end design and strategy for a SaaS payment platform, cyber security dashboards, and enterprise search with knowledge graphs.
- Designed interactive maps for the Google Maps API for various clients, e.g., The Forest Service visitor map and the AARP travel destination map.
- Handled the UX design for a social-enabled common learning portal for the National Park Service to serve the learning and career development needs of over 22,000 park service employees.
- Outlined the B2C user experience screens and data tables for Red Hat Developers, which launched at DevNation to thousands of developers.
- Worked with Sodexo's HR Portal. The work included taxonomy design, requirements development, content analysis, content type design, and governance development for Sodexo's new role-based, self-service HR Portal serving over 400,000 employees.
- Led the UX design for PwC's global Tax Knowledge Management initiative for tax professionals. It launched globally to over 9,000 tax professionals AND involved complex topics and deep content repositories.
- Completed a user experience design concept for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for the Health Information Oversight System (HIOS) to decrease the complexity. It involved a back-end data application for Healthcare.gov.
- Designed product roadmaps, conducted usability testing, and defined the value proposition of projects for C-level executives.
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring