Verified Expert in Design
Kris is a human-centered designer focused on the intersection of brands, products, and services. With several years of UI/UX, product design, and branding experience, he continues to incorporate his knowledge, experience, and understanding of design, communication, and user experience into each project. Clients range from early-stage startups—such as Dialpad and UberConference—to enterprise companies and government organizations.
Founder, Lead Designer
- Supported clients with strategy, design, and content – continued to design and develop products, websites, prototypes, and assets for startups, consultants, and government-related organizations.
- Worked for various clients across North America and EU – including Clorox (Burt's Bee's, CloroxPro, etc.), Dialpad, UberConference, Talis Biomedical, RKS Design, Circles (by Sodexo), Context Research, Rand Group, insight software, TELUS, and more.
- Worked on strategy – conducted internal and external research, organized projects and requirements, set timelines, and led discussions around process, exploration, and conclusion.
- Designed digital product, including native iOS and Android apps for each respective app store, following app guidelines, and design systems.
- Worked on responsive web design, including design for desktop and mobile, exporting assets, prototyping interactions and details, providing detailed specs and style guides including HTML and CSS, and communicating with development to ensure success.
- Developed the design team, brand, website, and product leading to Finhaven's $6.6 million series A round.
- Conducted internal and external research such as user interviews, competitive research and design, prototype, tests, and iterated with stakeholders.
- Worked through complex KYC and onboarding flows, asset management and transfer of both crypto and fiat, developing an understanding of local and international regulatory requirements.
- Worked through user management, including roles, permissions, and custom, security such as 2FA, and other issues specific to cryptocurrency products and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborated with marketing, production, and engineering to the specific design and Finhaven's MVP with users.
- Wireframed and designed the experience and interface for the web and mobile application implementation, including app flow, in-call app pages, and dashboard pages.
- Defined the brand and strategy for merging Dialpad and UberConference products.
- Continued work on the UberConference integrations, including Salesforce.
- Contributed to desktop apps, native mobile apps, and features related to company administration, integrations, and additional concepts.
- Implemented end-to-end integrations with other products, including Salesforce, Zendesk, ServiceNow, and more.
- Conducted internal and external research and engaged stakeholders such as product management, customer service, engineering, and C-level executive to direct the user experience.
- Supported the customer experience of the website, working on conversion optimization related to signup, onboarding, and upgrading.
- Designed the internal design component library and worked with developers to build, maintain and improve Dialpad's design system–Dialtone.
- Contributed to the integration of TalkIQ product in post-acquisition, creating designs and concepts for additional communication AI features in the Dialpad product.
- Worked on concept development, feature updates and integrations, UI elements, and assets, including images, interactions, animations, and more.
- Supported the team by creating project proposals and test plans, giving feedback reviews, and setting up KPIs.
- Supported web-related work by using tools such as Unbounce, Hotjar, and Google Analytics for data-driven design.
- Fostered the new product development process, production organization, and market fit.
- Led the development of creative strategies, concepts, visual designs, and brands.
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design
Carleton University - Ottawa, Canada