Verified Expert in Design
Max has nearly 10 years of experience designing digital products for companies of all sizes. Mastering the whole design process, he has created web and native applications for various users—such as children and stroke survivors—in multiple industries, including education, finance, utilities, and rehabilitation. As a mature professional, Max carefully balances business and user needs, turning complex processes into simple, enjoyable experiences.
Recruitment Management Portal
Rehabilitation App for Stroke Survivors
Energy App Onboarding and Enhancement
Senior UX Designer
- Designed, from scratch, a sophisticated software for banks, offering them a seamless experience between onboarding and managing different payment-related services.
- Managed another designer without experience in finance or big corporations, ensuring a quick and smooth onboarding process.
- Created a library of use cases to help clients fully understand the benefits of various financial services.
Maki Design Ltd
- Ran the design consultancy company Maki Design, offering services as a contractor to clients in several industries.
- Directed the design of a reusable coffee cup leasing service, including the business model and operation refinement, app design, app development direction, and the creation of smart cup collectors concepts, including prototyping.
- Conducted benchmark research for the global cosmetics company Avalon.
- Designed eCommerce web pages for the luxury mattress company Nectar Sleep.
- Created the concept for a medical expenses management web app.
- Designed five products from scratch, allowing the client to launch a new online tutoring service within five months.
- Established a recruitment platform covering both recruiter and candidate areas.
- Spearheaded a gamified platform where children can do pre and post-lesson activities such as assessments.
- Redesigned a virtual whiteboard to be accessed by students and tutors simultaneously.
- Created an eCommerce platform where parents can buy tutoring subscriptions for their children.
- Implemented a platform for customer support, quality monitoring, and lesson creation.
- Built a platform where parents can monitor children's progress.
- Developed a platform where tutors can manage lessons, students, and markings.
- Engaged as part of the public sharing platform team, innovating how researchers worldwide discover and access academic papers.
- Ran interviews and user tests weekly with diverse types of users.
- Crafted innovative concepts of academic paper pages to facilitate the discovery and exploration of related content.
- Identified use cases through research and created a map to inform design ideas and validation.
- Created prototypes for user tests, including animations.
Third Space Learning
- Supported the product team in enhancing a groundbreaking educational platform used by school teachers to help pupils with math issues.
- Redesigned an onboarding flow for teachers subscribing to the service.
- Revamped the setup flow for teachers to ensure everything is ready when the service starts and avoid wasting time and money.
- Created new report designs for each available program, which were informed by user interviews and tests.
- Crafted a new onboarding experience for pupils, which included a math assessment, by introducing gamification elements and a child-friendly interface, dramatically increasing the percentage of pupils completing the assessment.
- Designed a portal where teachers can easily search and find useful resources for their lessons and personal development.
- Designed a native app for stroke survivors with physical and cognitive impairments. The app had a library of video games for rehabilitation and motivated the user to return through a reward-and-feedback system.
- Created personas of different types of stroke survivors and how their disability affects their interaction with digital products.
- Crafted onboarding processes tailored to the target group.
- Devised behavior-forming strategies to ensure consistent use and, therefore, the success of the rehabilitation process.
- Proposed a common layout for video games to reduce cognitive load on users.
- Wrote, shot, and edited a promotional video: youtu.be/Zmw6pQFVv6Y.
- Mapped the customer journey to identify pain points and opportunities to reduce calls and increase retention.
- Reduced the propensity to call by an average of 20% in several parts of the customer journey.
- Optimized onboarding for new customers on the desktop and mobile platforms and through communications.
- Improved the company web app with new features, such as multiple payment methods and better guidance, to help prevent customers from having a negative balance.
- Created personas through workshops, surveys, and interviews.
- Headed the company's services regarding UX, branding, and innovation, including transitioning to a mobile-centric approach.
- Managed another designer, consulted with digital experts, and coordinated related outsourced services such as development.
- Crafted a website builder CMS design for creating websites for clients to hold online, live employer branding events.
- Redesigned the registration process and user portal used by 150,000+ candidates.
- Produced a website template for highly customizable websites to host streaming events.
- Designed a mobile-friendly streaming platform for online events.
- Recreated the company brand and all related branding materials.
- Created manuals, promotional videos, and the company website.
Technology and Communication Manager
Basa & Raes
- Engaged as a technology and communication manager for this startup that aimed at supporting the setup of innovative businesses in East Africa.
- Analyzed sustainable technologies and assessed their implementation in Africa.
- Conducted market research and drafted business plans.
- Managed the company's communication and social media presence.
Max Marass Design
- Engaged as a contractor assisting various clients with various projects.
- Designed a variety of websites, including blogs and eCommerce sites.
- Worked on new business ideas, supporting communication strategy and branding.
- Designed from scratch a device for the rehabilitation of disabled users to enable my client to enter the healthcare market. It was carried out individually.
- Performed research on the product and market to identify the target group.
- Determined requirements and created a design brief.
- Built a real-size working prototype and performed user tests with target users who had T9 spinal cord injuries.
- Crafted a product for which the client filed a patent application for the final idea.
Master's Degree in Industrial Design Engineering
Delft University of Technology - Delft, Netherlands
Bachelor's Degree in Architecture
University of Trieste - Trieste, Italy
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring