Verified Expert in Design
Rachel designs and builds beautiful products. With a combination of strong design skills and a front-end development skillset, she can take the reins on the entire end-to-end user experience. Over the past six years, Rachel has worked with some of the world's most trusted brands including Hyundai, Phillips, and Nestlé. She has also co-founded two companies and worked closely with many other entrepreneurs to bring their ideas to life.
iOS Social Media App UX and UI design
Health and Medical Records iOS App
Enterprise Tech SaaS Startup
UI/UX Product Designer
- Redesigned a fundraising and donations platforms dashboard to be more user-friendly and improve user engagement.
- Redesigned the marketing website of a SaaS company that provides development tools for enterprise customers.
- Created the front-end of a website with the latest Bootstrap 4, Sass, and Flexbox.
- Designed and consulted with a communications company to improve the usability of their website and increase conversion rates.
Designer and Co-founder
- Worked with a technical co-founder from the very start to bring the startup to life. Created all user experience designs and front-end implementation of the website. This included a lot of work with MVPs in a lean startup mentality.
- Helped the startup to grow by continually identifying and improving features and user experience.
- Learned and designed using Block Kit UI for generating Slack app messages. Crafted responsive email design and implementation, especially by using SendGrid. Created UI for managing and editing dashboard-type views.
- Created a new visual brand identity to align the company with a more inspiring personality. Designed a new logo and styling across all channels, including website, social, emails, and print materials.
- Managed the implementation of a blog to help bring more organic traffic to the site.
- Designed and met key business needs, including prioritizing tasks, gathering materials and specs, wireframing, design approval with stakeholders, mockups, and liaising with developers and QAs to sign implementation.
- Designed and oversaw the user experience of all products.
- Worked alongside several startups to design and successfully launch their products.
- Created designs for Android, iOS, and Windows apps, as well as responsive websites.
- Co-founded and led the design of two startups, Cloudbot and PayPact.
- Created prototypes for presentation using Sketch and InVision.
- Designed for leading brands such as Hyundai, Phillips, Zendesk, and Nestlé.
- Led all the visual direction for the company, enforcing its brand and ethos.
- Established various products such as chat apps, VoIP apps, to-do lists, and social media integrations for Zendesk.
- Built an app for Phillips for hospital use.
- Crafted several designs for products in the Zendesk marketplace, one of which is the top-selling product.
- Created a social media platform for Nestlé to chat directly with their customers.
Product UI Designer
RD Design Studio
- Worked with several early stage startups to turn their ideas into well designed products.
- Designed and created an InVision prototype which helped the startup Boulesse gain investment.
- Created the designs and built the responsive website for a startup based in San Fransisco.
- Redesigned and restructured the website of a local furniture company who wanted to stand out.
- Worked with an award winning jewellery designer to showcase her jewellery in a portfolio website.
- Rebranded and redesigned an eCommerce website to increase conversions.
- Carefully researched and designed a new checkout system to increase sales.
- Modified existing websites to make them responsive.
- Created interior, graphic, and architectural design for the award winning architecture studio.
- Helped win competitions by creating stunning visuals and 3D renders of architectural spaces.
- Worked with state-of-the-art architecture software, which developed my passion for software and technology.
- Designed bespoke furniture for a school project, including a piece with bookshelves and nooks for children to read.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Architecture and Design
Newcastle University - Newcastle, England