Founder | Director
perBodhi Experience Design
2015 - PRESENT
- Founded a personal consultancy that delivered design, development, and marketing for digital services that leveraged human-computer interaction (HCI), user experience, and design best practices and methodologies to build value and reward for both the end user and businesses.
- Working with founders and staff, researched, designed, and built a digital strategy and online presence for Swan Lake Nurseryland in Vernon BC, a local business with over 57 years of service to the community.
- Contributed to the business model, strategy, and design through research and rapid prototyping to define the concept for Ogopo.go, a startup to create a mobile and web applications bringing offers and service from local lifestyle businesses to young people.
- Shared knowledge and taught at Co+Lab Prototyping and Design Thinking to business owners, startups, and students.
Technologies: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator), Axure, InVision, Visio, WordPress, Google Analytics
Principal User Experience Consultant
Tobias & Tobias Consultancy
2013 - 2014
- Led simultaneous projects while working closely with clients, stakeholders, and developers (often global); starting from the pitch to inception and execution. Used UCD principles, delivered pitch assets, pre- and post-delivery user research, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Facilitated a client’s product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Acted as a subject matter expert and evangelist and supported peers to ensure that a good user experience design is at the core of everything produced and delivered.
- Collaborated and actively participated with multi-disciplinary teams to deliver successful outcomes within tight deadlines.
- Delivered desktop and mobile solutions for FOREX trading platforms, fund management, and transportation.
Technologies: OmniGraffle, Mindjet MindManager, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Powerpoint, Axure, Word, Excel
Senior Architect: User Experience
2008 - 2012
- Worked as the second in command of a global UX team and delivered usable, useful and intuitive software applications of high complexity for the banking, treasury, trading, risk, and healthcare industries across the desktop, web, mobile, and cloud.
- Managed a user experience team completely (including program management, research, and design) using a consolidated technology platform to deliver targeted end-user experiences leveraging mashable, rich-mobile, and device technologies.
- Increased the productivity by over 30% for end users needing to enter rapid paper-based information via web-based interfaces by leveraging RIA Silverlight, enhanced interaction, and interface design.
- Reduced operational costs and improved usability and brand value through a common user interface and interaction patterns, training, standards creation, implementations, and governance.
- Conducted strategic requirements gathering, program planning, business case development, stakeholder engagement and leadership, vendor selection, definition management, and design management.
- Worked directly with clients, end users, managers, and senior stakeholders for a worldwide distributed user population.
- Mentored and led interdisciplinary distributed teams (London, India, Manila, USA).
- Captured user requirements through user research, modeling, and task analysis; identified personas, defined requirements, logical interactions and functions within an Agile UCD process.
- Followed an iterative design process progressively creating detailed designs and higher-fidelity prototypes through sketches, wireframes, and prototypes refining the best design solutions.
Technologies: Axure, Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, Excel, Visio, Paper, Liferay, HTML, CSS, Portals, Wikis, Agile
Head of Information Architecture and User Experience
2006 - 2008
- Increased business revenue streams, reduced operation costs, and improved the overall brand awareness through research and user-centric redesign of Euromonitor market research, business intelligence reports, and data to industry products. On launch, this became their flagship product winning numerous awards in their market for content and usability.
- Developed business cases, elicited business, and a usability analysis to determine the acquisition and implementation of an SOA architecture.
- Translated ideas and prototypes into production-ready designs, understanding the high-level constraints of the user, technology, business, and brand.
- Successfully rolled out new web products and features within this environment not only improving the overall architecture, usability, and design to clients but improving internal process’s increasing productivity and reducing overheads.
- Gained expert knowledge through both hands-on and consulting to deliver collaboration, personalization, publishing, search, knowledge management, and additional web 2.0 and 3.0 technologies to clients and business.
- Led workshops and conducted usability research to identify and document requirements.
Technologies: Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure, PowerPoint, HTML, CSS, Portal Technologies
Head of Information Architecture
2003 - 2005
- Reduced operational costs and improved working practices and knowledge-sharing to all the group’s employees across Corporate Centre, British Gas, Centrica Energy, Direct Energy (USA), The AA, One. Tel, and Dyno.
- Led the information architecture (including taxonomy, activities in the design, development, and implementation) of the global intranet/extranet across a variety of mediums and technological platforms including desktops, laptops, PDAs, and navigational systems.
- Improved knowledge-based sharing through improvements in the overall search and findability of information.
- Ensured that the intranet and related products met the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) compliance (accessibility) through forums, documentation, and user testing.
Technologies: Visio, Excel, Word, Photoshop, Illustrator, Paper, Portals, Plumtree Portal
Lead Information Architect
Object One (now DigitasLBi)
2001 - 2003
- Conducted end-user interviews at the start and end of delivering client solutions.
- Delivered task flows, information architecture, sitemap, wireframes, user interface designs and requirements for one of the UK’s best-regarded internet agencies now owned by LBi.
Technologies: Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, Excel, HTML, CSS
Head of Design
LineOne (now TalkTalk)
1999 - 2001
- Reported directly to the CEO and my responsibilities include resource allocation, hiring, budgets, and schedules, and providing creative direction in visual and interaction design.
- Increased the click-through rates and commercial value through the redesigned LineOne and Tiscali websites.
- Designed the mobile presence and template-driven sign-up CD products.
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
Lead Application Interface Designer
Multiactive Software (now Maximizer, Inc.)
1996 - 1999
- Led the architecture, user testing, interface design, prototyping and XML/HTML coding of the CRM, eCommerce web and desktop software—delivering products like the COMDEX award-winning ecBuilder through the recruitment and management of five designers.
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Freehand, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio