New York, NY, United States
Member since February 1, 2016
Thai is an interaction technician designing in the context of user experience—focused on creating meaningful and authentic narratives about brand and product experiences. Originally starting out in architecture, he utilizes his background in constructed environments to create interactions that traverse physical and virtual boundaries.
- Contract Lead Designer2015 - 2015ELSA English Language Speech Assistant, USA/VN
Technologies: Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Redesigned Alpha build to prepare for a beta launch on iOS and Android.
- Duties were visual design, game mechanics, UI menus, and flows.
- Restructured and organized content based on customer interviews.
- Ran student/customer interviews for insights.
- Created a pattern library to optimize development and design.
- Brainstormed new features based on analytics and interviews.
- ELSA was selected as Austin's SXSW educational champion in 2016.
- ELSA was selected for the StartX accelerator program.
- UI Designer2014 - 2015Atlassian (JIRA Software)
Technologies: Sketch, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Created and design experiences for JIRA Software and the Service Desk.
- Facilitated customer interviews for feature requirements, pain points, and validation.
- Ran design training workshops.
- Advocated for pattern library continual enhancements. Ran office meet-ups to ideate library additions and improvements.
- Awarded 3 times the company core value prize during the 24 hour to ship projects for HipChat messaging and Service Desk products.
- Game User Experience Designer2013 - 2014Gameloft NYC studio (Ubisoft's sister company)
Technologies: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel
- As their first UX designer among 10 plus studios, established user-centered design into their current game production process.
- Sketched and created prototype mobile game flows for user testing.
- Created detailed and annotated wireframes for tech and artist comps.
- Worked with play test lab to observe and test users via contextual inquiry.
- Spiderman Unlimited won the Best of App store 2014 as well as Editor's Pick.
- Interaction Designer & User Experience Designer2011 - 2013R/GA NY HQ office
Technologies: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, HTML, CSS
- Wireframed concepts from pitch to production and launch.
- Did User Journey Sketching by hand and digital tools.
- Drafted and iterated highly detailed interaction and user experience specifications for in-house, client-side and outsourced development teams.
- Created basic HTML and CSS for interactive prototypes as proof of concepts for development teams.
- Involved with projects from Avaya, Johnson and Johnson, McCormick, Facebook, Acuvue, Ritz, Polo, R/GA, Goldman Sachs, and Rexona/Unilever.
- UI Design Intern2010 - 2011AOL
Technologies: HTML, CSS, Illustrator
- Created tutorials for content publishers using AOL platform.
- Developed custom ad integration for Samsung and "The Interface" web property.
- Created prototypes and developed information dashboards to visualize content metrics such as commenting, sharing, and "up-votes" (forecasting and trending of content).
- Did PHP back-end work for senior developers to create article posts for Engadget mobile.
- Supported and observed usability lab contextual inquiry sessions.
- Master's degree in Design and Technology2008 - 2010Parsons the New School for Design - New York City, New York (USA)
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Communication - Advertising1997 - 2002University of Texas - Austin, Texas (USA)