H Strategy Consulting
2012 - PRESENT
- Structured the financial vehicle for the acquisition of the main income-producing assets for a $500 million fund.
- Worked together with C-level executives of 3 major gold producers to raise a $300 million gold fund.
- Created a segmentation algorithm for a global liquor producer by utilizing internal and social media data that segmented +200,000 accounts by time of the day, ethnicity, brand, etc.
- Consolidated the entire financial operation of all of the properties of a junior gold mining company and found +$10 million in savings by restructuring its operation model.
- Led a benchmark project for a Saas ratings and reviews provider that resulted in the creation of a new product portfolio offering and pricing scheme.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions, Capital Structure Analysis, Three Statement Operating Model, Business Intelligence, Comparable Company Analysis, Due Dilligence, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Business Plan Development, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Modeling, Market Research, Portfolio Analysis, Profitability Analysis, Revenue & Expense Projections, Valuation
2011 - 2013
- Developed musicboss.fm, a social music discovery engine that predicts the future hits by simplifying and gamifying prediction markets.
- Partnered with iTunes to provide all the music content for free including audio, images, and data.
- Launched successfully the platform in 2013.
Focus areas: Data Analysis
Senior Investment Banking Analyst
Bulltick Capital Markets
2009 - 2010
- Restructured a $7,000 million debt resulting in $100 million yearly savings for the state of Mexico.
- Designed a $35 million JV between a major private college and Mexico's largest fitness company.
- Structured and placed a $25 million mezzanine loan for a hospitality firm.
- Led the valuation and due diligence for the largest direct response TV company in Mexico leading to the sale of the company for $90 million.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Benchmarking, Capital Raising, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Cost Reduction & Optimization, Due Dilligence, Revenue & Expense Projections, Financial Modeling, Financial Reporting, Three Statement Operating Model, Valuation
Senior Associate Consultant
Bain & Company
2006 - 2009
- Quantified and realized US$100 million in synergies/savings between the largest soft drink company in Mexico and its recently acquired juice division.
- Identified and implemented levers in the credit card division (Activation Utilization & Retention, AUR model) that exceeded US$90 million in additional earnings for a global Spanish bank.
- Developed a price-demand elasticity model for the largest beer bottler in Panama. Proved that the demand was inelastic. Presented the results to the CEO and avoided a price reduction that saved tens of millions to the company every year.
- Spun off successfully the financial services division of a Spanish energy company for $150 million.
- Led a global benchmark by region of the services offered to small-and-medium enterprises for a US global bank. Designed and redefined the firm’s global strategy for the sector.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Data Analysis, Pricing Analysis, Portfolio Analysis, Valuation, Business Intelligence, Cost Benchmarking, Financial Benchmarking, Comparable Company Analysis, Capital Structure Analysis, Cost Reduction & Optimization, Due Dilligence, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Revenue & Expense Projections, Financial Modeling, Fundraising, Market Research, Three Statement Operating Model, Profitability Analysis
Procter & Gamble
2005 - 2006
- Led the TAMPAX brand.
- Launched the TAMPAX Compak line and increased revenues by +30% (YOY) for the brand.
Focus areas: Profitability Analysis, Business Plan Development, Business Intelligence, Customer Lifetime Value, Cost Reduction & Optimization