Verified Expert in Finance
Irakli has advised on investments, equity, and M&A transactions worth more than $200 million. He also constructed a valuation of assets with a total value of more than $2.5 billion while working at Toptal. He has worked with the largest private equity fund in the Caucasus region, the largest banking group in Georgia, and a deal advisory department of KPMG Georgia. Irakli enjoys advising clients on complex investment, M&A, valuation, and private equity projects and transactions as a freelancer.
Tico Capital Management
- Conducted fundamental equity research (buy-side) of international equities.
- Prepared comprehensive investment memos and financial models (looking back at least ten years) for selected stocks.
- Conducted discussions with management covering different aspects of businesses.
- Conducted products and startups research in the Smart Mobility and EV industry for venture capital; constructed financial models for joint ventures and startup valuations. Connected startups to VC.
- Advised on M&As in the United States HVAC industry. Prepared financial packs and investment memos for active deals. Typical transaction sizes ranged between $10-15 million.
- Advised on M&As in the United States dental health industry. Acted as financial muscle to prepare M&A workbooks for ongoing deal flow for over ten dental practices and workbooks.
- Constructed a financial model covering 45 acquisitions and exits in the United Kingdom healthcare industry. The total acquisition EV was around GBP £100 million in bank debt and vendor financing.
- Served as an investment manager for a UK-based investment management firm.
- Advised a Thailand-based multi-billion energy company on innovative products and service pricing and smart mobility business strategy formulation.
- Worked directly with the CTO on pricing and business strategy formulation. Researched potential target market, identified potential customers and competitors.
- Constructed a dynamic financial model to analyze different scenarios and pricing strategies.
Juxon Capital Partners
- Researched companies within GBP 5-30 million in the UK market for potential acquisition.
- Conducted due diligence for potential targets and prepared financial models for financing structures.
- Prepared valuation models using both DCF and comparable methodologies.
Senior Manager, Business Intelligence and Strategic Finance
TBC Bank Group
- Constructed value creation analysis of the international expansion for fintech business, covering three different scenarios.
- Initiated and led research for the value creation strategy formulation process, covering key drivers across eight directions, including country-level research and mapping and high-value company research and analysis.
- Coordinated recovery options identification and an assessment process for TBC Bank, following the EBA guidelines and the directives of the National Bank of Georgia. Owned the communication process with more than 20 tribe and department leads.
- Led the M&A process for digital ecosystem companies to create the largest digital ecosystem player in Georgia with 1.7 million unique users.
- Performed analysis of the TBC Group's investments in digital ecosystem companies.
- Conducted research and analysis of European emerging-market banks. Analyzed more than 30 banks across over ten ratios and metrics to aid top management in strategic decision-making processes.
Georgia Capital PLC
- Worked independently and with a hired McKinsey consultant to identify attractive investment opportunities in the agricultural sector of Georgia for the final goal of raising third-party funds ($50+ million) and investing in Georgia’s agricultural sector.
- Prepared a comprehensive investment case in the wine industry, including sales strategy analysis and export markets of more than ten countries. Identified potential targets for acquisition.
- Helped facilitate a fundraising process for renewable energy and real-estate funds with an approximate fund size of $80 million.
- Executed acquisitions of companies in diverse industries, some of which included the wine, digital, and education business.
- Built valuation models for P&C insurance and periodic technical inspection service provider with valuation ranges of $100-150 million.
- Covered the electricity sector of Georgia and analyzed balancing electricity price development, including supply and demand, import and export, among other initiatives.
KPMG Georgia, Deal Advisory
- Performed buy-side financial due diligence for one of the largest chemical, oil and gas, distribution, and agricultural companies in Georgia. Led teams of different sizes. The largest team led involved eight direct reports.
- Advised on the acquisition of the oil and gas company in Georgia, involved from the buy-side.
- Prepared the valuation of a forward share purchase and sale agreement issued by one of the largest banks in Georgia.
- Consulted on the attractiveness of the auto parts and components manufacturing industry in Georgia.
- Gave advice regarding the attractiveness of the footwear, bags, and accessories industry in Georgia.
- Administered valuation of assets of a hydropower plant, a wine company, and more.
KPMG Georgia, Financial Audit
- Led the audit process of one of the largest KPMG Georgia's clients, the National Bank of Georgia, a wine and spirits company, an electricity transmissions company, and more.
- Supervised different-sized teams on various audit engagements.
- Ensured the compliance of the entity's financial statements, mainly IFRS, with relevant financial reporting requirements.
- Analyzed the financial information of different organizations, including FMCG retail, wine and spirits, ports and terminals, mining, electricity transmission, nonprofits, and more.
Master's Degree in Finance
London Business School - London, United Kingdom
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
Free University of Tbilisi - Tbilisi, Georgia