Verified Expert in Finance
With rolled-up sleeves, Jared's led the finance functions for entities with assets in excess of $1 billion. He joined the Toptal network to leverage his experience as a front-line finance leader (corporate modeling, 13-week cash-flow forecasts, Power BI reporting, and day-to-day accounting) to help startups and mid-sized organizations flourish. Jared has learned from his experiences in large corporations at Praxair and in early to mid-stage PE-backed firms (Quantum Energy Partners) in Texas.
Seed Financial Model
Financial Modeling Expert
- Developed integrated 5-year financial model for Series A funding.
- Outlined plan to positive cash flow by integrating cost management and revenue management tactics.
- Integrated actual financial data into model to execute variance analysis.
Director of Finance
- Developed a three-year plan to remove the reliance on fundraising to balance the annual budget. Each year enabled our resource advancement team to migrate to major gifts focused on a long-term endowment to make education more affordable.
- Implemented an all-inclusive tuition model making tuition approachable for families.
- Oversaw the annual budget of a 1,200-plus student private school with less than a $20 million annual budget.
Finance Expert | Interim CFO
- Enhanced the corporate financial model for a consumer packaged goods company to be used for financing.
- Developed a financial model and pitch deck for a royalty acquisition startup.
- Served as a lead finance and pricing expert to help expand a cloud-based professional services business.
Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
Tanos Exploration II, LLC
- Led the corporate 3-statement financial modeling with assets in excess of $1 billion and operating budgets in excess of $250 million per year.
- Developed an SQL-integrated 13-week cash-flow forecast for operations with an annual operating budget in excess of $250 million.
- Managed treasury functions and multiple syndicated credit facilities totaling up to $500 million.
- Developed and implemented a Power BI environment inclusive of P&L reporting for over 3,000 profit centers, a cash-flow dashboard, and an operations-level break-even calculator.
- Led corporate risk management processes, including multiple general liability claims in excess of $1 million each.
- Automated accounts payable processes, reducing annual G&A costs by more than $250,000 per year.
Financial Modeling Expert
LA Breakers FC
- Developed a 3-statement-integrated financial model for the board of directors' reporting and management.
- Integrated QuickBooks and industry-specific CRM data into the model to provide historical reports and forecasted exception reporting.
- Identified around $400,000 of unbilled revenue via simplified exception billing.
Dani Austin LLC
- Implemented consolidating financial model and reporting architecture for multi-entity organizations.
- Executed monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting (book and tax).
- Onboarded the organization to QuickBooks Online as the accounting system.
Tax and Finance Manager
Vernon E Faulconer, Inc.
- Developed bottoms up, 3-statement financial models that consolidated more than 20 partnerships and S-Corps with assets in excess of $200 million.
- Developed a standardized M&A model for high-volume deals valued at or below $10 million.
- Spearheaded operations strategies to improve cash flow by over 30% by using Power Pivot to identify and manage costs in profit centers.
- Led balance sheet and income statement audits with no deficiencies.
- Managed the payroll, 401K plan, and self-funded health insurance program.
Senior Manager of Finance
Torqued-Up Energy Services
- Led multiple senior debt facility financings including a syndicated $57-million senior secured credit facility and a $15-million capital raise.
- Ran a successful sales process on a 3-year-old startup garnering a 59% return on investment (ROI).
- Navigated multiple debt covenant breaches which included obtaining forbearance agreements and credit agreement amendments.
- Managed a $125-million operating budget and a $40-million growth CAPEX campaign.
- Led monthly and annual close processes for full accounting department including balance sheet and income statement audits with no deficiencies.
- Transitioned the company from QuickBooks to Microsoft Dynamics SL.
- Reduced inventory error ratio by 58% to a sustained ratio of less than 2% (average inventory value of $300,000).
- Consolidated four locations into two strategically placed distribution centers and reduced annual costs by $512,000.
- Reduced outstanding A/R by 32% by leading KPI and data warehouse system development and deployment.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Finance & Accounting
University of Texas, Tyler - Tyler, TX, United States
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
Stephen F. Austin State University - Nacogdoches, TX, United States
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring