Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Katie has over 15 years of experience leading product management, consumer insight, and user experience efforts for Fortune 500 companies and small consumer tech startups. She has successfully taken products from concept through launch and drove ongoing product innovation and improvements. She has worked for and with B2C and B2B2C companies across a wide range of industries, including consumer electronics, food tech, and health and wellness.
Going from 0-1 Using Lean Start-Up
Head of Product
- Built the product team at a scaling startup, including product management, analytics, design, and customer support. Hired six product managers and product designers in three months.
- Built KPI dashboards that provided daily tracking of SaaS conversion metrics to identify product issues and key levers for increasing conversion KPIs.
- Assisted in implementing Agile product development processes and re-structured teams around feature squads to increase cross-team collaboration and improve product delivery cadence.
VP of Product
Circle Media Inc.
- Led a small team conducting design, product management, analytics, and user research efforts.
- Created the product roadmap for Circle's consumer and partner products. My key accomplishments include increasing product NPS scores (30 points) and app ratings and doubling the trial sign-up conversion.
- Implemented a new product analytics tool, instituting first-ever companywide product KPIs.
Principal Product Manager
- Drove product and business development for a new business startup within Intel's new business group.
- Negotiated the largest and most profitable deal for Intel's low-power chip line. Jointly defined the consumer product with customers and co-pitched to retailers resulting in holiday sell-in to several key retail accounts.
- Contributed to consumer product development, working with customers from concept through development. Led product ideation sessions and user testing, product definition, and co-pitching to retailers.
- Recruited and mentored a team of female engineers tasked with developing a STEM toy to encourage girls' interest in science and engineering. Collaborated with marketing to spotlight their contributions to partner's Emmy award-winning Netflix show.
Director of User Experience and Insights
- Led a cross-functional team of user experience designers, researchers, and developers chartered to build differentiated software products for Intel's mobile and IoT product segments.
- Partnered cross-functionally with the brand, product, and technology teams to translate user experience targets into tangible product requirements and showcase applications.
- Drove the user experience strategy for Intel's smartphone reference design. Developed target user personas and use cases and led design efforts.
Product Marketing and Consumer Insights Manager
- Spearheaded new consumer research techniques to extrapolate future consumer usage trends and product implications. Presented to the CEO and executive team on user and market insights, forecasts, and product marketing strategy recommendations.
- Developed several mobile PC concept designs that earned International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA). Managed target user definition, concept ideation, and market requirements documentation.
- Defined the co-marketing plan with a key OEM customer and managed events, demos, and PR.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in International Business
Georgetown University - Washington, DC, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
Wake Forest University - Winston-Salem, NC, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring