Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Ken is an experienced tech futurist and innovator who has helped cutting-edge startups, iconic brands, and seasoned not-for-profits transform for growth and innovation. Whether developing product and innovation strategies, launching accelerators, giving keynotes, or leading teams, Ken's work is game-changing and has been recognized and featured in Fast Company, Variety, Advertising Week, and more. He has earned his reputation as a secret weapon in the world of digital R&D and innovation.
Head of Digital Product Innovation
- Defined and launched six new digital experience initiatives resulting in a 10x increase in audience acquisition and delivered over $15 million in new revenue.
- Stood up and led the product function into a pre-existing startup accelerator, resulting in a 50% increase in concept delivery and a 95% lift in the number of concepts to be transitioned as a core value-generating asset.
- Evaluated new product concepts for viability, impact, and value resulting in a 30% increase in the number of concepts completed and delivering value.
Product Lead and Executive Coach
- Worked with executives to build business and product strategies for a social media live-streaming platform.
- Led the execution team in creating a 0-to-1 mobile product MVP.
- Created economic models. Led the marketing team in the go-to-market and content strategies.
- Defined product roadmaps and supporting documentation.
- Coached the executive team in the fundraising strategy for future investments.
- Led a team of marketing, development, and project management professionals to develop and launch a new social streaming business.
Founder Innovation Labs
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (ALSAC)
- Led the digital and innovation transformation that achieved the organization's recognition as the Fast Company's #1 workplace for innovators.
- Oversaw the creation of multiple immersive experiences, producing more than $15 million in revenue over two years across multiple platforms, numerous industry awards and accolades, and unique partnerships with Google, Facebook, and others.
- Forged collaborative relationships with multiple large partners, co-creating disruptive IoT, AI, Blockchain, and immersive experiences, delivering several revenue and engagement opportunities and the organization's first patent (pending).
- Directed new retail merchandise sales expansion into third-party platforms such as Amazon, Shopify, Instagram, and others. Within the first six months, brand impressions increased by 200,000-300,000 and merchandise sales revenue by $25,000.
- Established a scalable "product growth team" model, identifying and executing new net-value concepts, enhancements, and optimized experiences, reducing time to market by 40% and increasing business value for pre-existing businesses by 8-10%.
- Launched an internal incubator and accelerator, introducing a new working and budgeting model, resulting in a 30% new program success rate, launching multiple new, net-positive, scalable revenue streams and models over two cohorts.
- Pioneered an enterprise-level, multi-year transformation plan driving digital and innovation culture change and revenue growth.
- Introduced design sprint process resulting in the creation of ground-breaking strategies, delivering core-program optimizations and new program launches significantly contributing to $400 million revenue growth over three years.
- Implemented design-thinking and audience-centric design functions supporting the organization's being named "Health Non-Profit of the Year" (Harris Poll), Top Place to Work for Millennials (NSHS), and "Top 100 Places to Work For" (Fortune Magazine).
- Developed an enterprise-wide training and a skill-building plan to drive transformation through education, coaching, benchmarking, and prototyping new concepts.
Head of Product Management
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (ALSAC)
- Implemented user-centered design process producing eCommerce enhancements resulting in a 120% lift in YoY revenue.
- Launched new audience-centric products and campaigns driving expansion into new markets, partnerships, and platforms.
- Directed re-platforming effort adding personalization, friction-free payments infrastructure, and data and analytics functions.
- Strategized and led the implementation of B2B and B2C marketplaces producing a 25% lift in digital merchandise sales revenue and a 15% growth in new customer acquisition through retail channels.
- Spearheaded the organizational shift to an agile work methodology, increasing operational efficiency and responsiveness, resulting in a 3x improvement in time to market activities.
Chief Product Officer (Co-founder)
- Launched rentalengine.com and associated marketing strategy crossing 50,000 active users in four months of launch.
- Grew product division to seven employees across multiple functions, including technology, marketing, sales, and product teams, and mentored one technologist to promotion to company's technology director.
- Led the business development and strategic partner acquisition strategy, integrating five high-profile partners and successfully selling 15 clients to the proprietary system.
- Implemented invite-only social media strategy successfully acquiring 150,000 leads pre-launch with a 20% conversion rate to active users at launch.
The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
- Directed the design and implementation of a new back-end logistics system and front-end design solution decreasing operational overhead and increasing throughput.
- Managed all aspects of branded eCommerce website development from concept through launch and operationalization, successfully producing four sites with combined revenue of $400 thousand.
- Led optimized web consultancy for multiple internal divisions and brands.
- Managed the implementation of an industry-disrupting digital comic's subscription application, acquiring 25,000 initial subscribers in the first three months, managing Apple and Google app stores and vendor relationships.
- Implemented Marvel "motion comics," web-gaming, and web-media initiatives managing vendor RFP, selection, contract process, and subsequent vendor relationships.
- Led the re-launch of the enhanced Marvel.com website, the launch of Marvelkids.com, and the implementation of a foundational content management system as the product manager.
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)
Scrum Product Owner Certified (SPOC)
Certified Scrum Master