Verified Expert in Finance
Kuber is an experienced VC and investment banking professional with expertise in business plan development, financial modeling, M&A, capital raising, due diligence, business valuation, and in-depth market research. With over five years of experience, including three as a BAML analyst, he has advised clients ranging from startups to large corporations across various industries and geographies. In addition to a CA, Kuber is CFA Level 1 cleared, and he enjoys long-term relationships with clients.
Fund Model for a Solar Investment Project
- Played a key role in the LP funding phase and led the development of a complex fund model to showcase the fund's return distribution.
- Spearheaded early-stage venture building and capital raising activities.
- Led the group through financial modeling activities for portfolio companies and strategic business outlooks.
- Assisted young entrepreneurs in their venture capital raises and business launches.
Investment Banking Professional
- Led the execution of several M&A transactions in Europe, focusing on financial institutions and real estate sectors.
- Built complex financial models and valuation analyses to better assist clients during the negotiation phase and achieve a premium valuation of the sell-side.
- Conducted due diligence and several negotiations around warranties to ensure best-favored terms, agreeable to everyone.
- Engaged in negotiation for an earn-out agreement for a sell-side M&A mandate.
- Developed and presented a strategic analysis to the corporate development, treasury, and executive teams.
- Performed peer benchmarking and comparable valuation analyses on clients and acquisition targets.
- Provided LBO models and strategic advisory support to clients in the insurance sector.
- Developed financial models and presentations for 100+ pitches and discussions with potential clients.
Investment Banking Analyst
Bank of America
- Built 100+ sets of pitch materials, including company profiles, presentations, and discussion materials for various M&A and capital raising situations.
- Played a key role in M&A sell-side mandates as a member of a sector-agnostic team. Assisted with IMs; conducted financial and operating benchmarking; and prepared financial models, projections, and DCF and relative valuation analyses.
- Assisted in a $3 billion sale of a supermarket franchise business. Prepared the IM, conducted a deep-dive landscape and operation benchmarking analysis, and supported the valuation analysis.
- Completed investment banking training from Adkins Matchett & Toy (AMT), covering financial modeling, valuation, financial analysis, and financial databases such as Bloomberg, Mergermarket, S&P Capital IQ, FactSet, Factiva, and Dealogic.
Investment Banking Analyst
BlackSoil Capital Pvt
- Assisted with M&A transactions across industries, including preparation of pitch book materials and financial models.
- Prepared restructuring materials for management and helped in the launch of an M&A sale process to assist the team working on a corporate finance situation for an Indian conglomerate.
- Participated in due diligence activities on various projects, including site visits to various branches.
- Developed knowledge, skills, and practical experience in financial analysis, financial modeling, corporate finance, and valuation analysis.
- Worked for two years as a tax assistant and one year as an audit assistant.
- Advised several corporates and high-net-worth individuals on tax-related issues, covering income tax, capital gains tax, exemptions, and deductions.
- Conducted internal and statutory audits of several listed companies, including VIP, Idea, Cipla, Sony, Standard Chartered Bank, and PNB Bank.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounts and Finance
IGNOU University - New Delhi, India
CFA Level 1
Institute of Chartered Accounts of India
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring