2016 - PRESENT
- Led the business development efforts and consulting engagements targeting turnaround, supply chain, and private equity-focused consulting practices as well as supply chain senior executives within Fortune 1000 companies.
- Supported the restructuring engagement of a top-three strategy consulting firm; co-led a team of five, reporting to the chief procurement officer of a Fortune 500 chemical manufacturer.
- Developed and managed processes to systematically contact, categorize, and renegotiate terms with 1,000+ vendors over a six-month period.
- Coordinated the efforts with 30 corporate and site buyers in order to identify opportunities for negotiation leverage.
- Secured $14 million of recurring savings from $200 million of spend, surpassing internal target by 40%.
- Secured $8 million of recurring savings over a two-month period while reporting to CFO of a TSX-listed utility company.
Focus areas: Cost Benchmarking, Cost Reduction & Optimization, Cost Management, Cost-saving Structure, Cost Estimation
2013 - 2016
- Founded Ascend Fitness, a customer on-boarding platform targeting the $25 billion US health club market.
- Hired and managed a team of five, including one co-founder, three software developers, and one domain expert.
- Led the product team to launch an MVP in one month, version 1 in six months and multiple subsequent iterations driven by customer development efforts and user feedback.
- Built a sales pipeline of 197 enterprise leads, culminating in 27 product demo meetings with senior executives.
- Secured SaaS contracts with a top-20 club operator, independent trainers, and a leading corporate wellness provider.
- Raised a convertible note seed round (followed by a strategic investment from a leading club operator) to fund the product development and commercial launch.
Focus areas: Funding Process, Seed Fundraising, Fundraising, Financial Modeling, Three Statement Operating Model, Business Plan Development, Market Research, Market Opportunity Analysis, Budgeting
Director of Business Development
2011 - 2013
- Led the business development, market research, and finance projects; developed and presented related materials at API board of directors meetings.
- Negotiated the license, service, and research agreements with multiple third parties; achieved favorable economic and IP-related terms—saving more than $500,000.
- Developed a pro forma financial model for $28 million Series C financing; led the 2013 $15+ million budgeting process and developed budget tracking tool for API management to monitor the actual vs. budget expenditure.
- Created pitch materials and supported CEO on 20+ strategic partnership meetings with corporate candidates.
- Surveyed and monitored a competitive landscape for a leading program: identifying multiple acquisition/licensing candidates and providing API guidance on competitive product features and performance.
Focus areas: Budgeting, Equity Financing, Financial Modeling, Three Statement Operating Model, Valuation Modeling, Revenue Modeling, Cash Flow Modeling, Venture Funding, Comparable Company Analysis, Private Company Valuation, Due Dilligence, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Market Research, Market Opportunity Analysis, Business Plan Development, Finance Strategy